Keep 2B cabin or upgrade to the hump?

fitznorton

Only you can decide if the hump is worth the money to you. I like the more central location, and the bigger balcony. Would I pay that much for it? Not me, but it's a personal decision. Have been in similar rooms on S class and the only noise issue I have encountered is that you might be able to hear the music from the atrium drifting up through the middle of the ship. It was not so loud as to disturb us, but we could hear it.

Booked the June 26th Silhouette cruise and booked a category 2B, forward, starboard side near elevator. I could upgrade to a 1B, cabin 8271 on the "hump" for $300. Is it worth it? DH and I want a quiet cabin

We're looking at booking this cruise today and waiting to hear back from out TA. Do you know if this cruise is getting near capacity? I'm just leary as I've read some mediocre reviews lately of the Silhoutte and dining quality. Probably going to book Aqua cabin.

Don't know where your cabin is now and that would help mine and other replies, but...... I don't consider 8271 a "quiet cabin".

My wife and I got off Eclipse less than a month ago. Looking at the deck plan the elevators at the hump are glass elevators overlooking the 10 story atrium. That's what's in the interior of the hump.

That atrium is the "center of the party" each night and it's actually quite loud with live music etc. The sliding doors between the elevators and the staterooms on each floor seem to cut most of the noise, but the hump area is certainly not a quiet part of the ship. Also between both elevator banks at the hump there are 8-10 elevators there. That too makes it pretty busy.

Why are you thinking of moving to 8271? The balcony is standard size (like your current cabin) as only the cabins on the hump curves are oversized. So why spend $300 more? Just because a cabin is a "higher" catagory doesn't mean its better for everyone....X just charges more for it!

We were in 1044 (deck 10) which is very near the forward elevator and really liked the location. I came away thinking 1044 is one of the best CC cabins on the ship because it's on an angle (so larger balcony) but AWAY from the busyness of the atrium.

Perhaps you could consider an upgrade to a 1A. That would give you a larger deeper balcony (really nice) which IMHO is something worth paying extra for.

I personally would not want to be in a standard- size balcony room on the hump!

I've been in standard hump balconies, non hump balconies and 1a hump balconies(with oversized balcony)

I really like the location on the hump and would prefer it to anywhere else on the ship, I find it quieter than other locations!

If you were getting the offer of a 1a for $300 for both of you I would say yes, but it's not worth it if its each. For a 1b it's not worth it.

One of the best cabins I had was a 2a on the hump on deck seven :) it was on the Silhouette.

We just booked a 1B on the hump (Silhouette) on Deck 8. I am excited about the location, so convenient to everything, and if a little music drifts our way from the atrium--great!!!

We are weird--not partial to the larger (deeper) balconies because in our opinion they make the room too dark; and we didn't care for Blu because we like large tables and new friends. We also don't think that CC is worthwhile on S class--so a standard balcony midship is perfect for us. Makes choosing a cabin a lot easier!

Archived