I'd Appreciate Your Suggestions

I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in January of 2014. I knew that I wanted to do something extra special for myself. As a result I have been saving by having deductions taken from my pay every check for almost 2 years. I have decided to sail Royal Caribbean for the first time because it appears that they have the "suitest" perks. Of course I have decided on a suite. I am a social person but also enjoy my solitude. I have a 22 & 24 year olds at home as well as my 10 year old (they will not be sailing) so I am looking for some "Adult Only" time as well. Which ship would you suggest? It is more about the experience of being pampered, resting, relaxing and enjoying my "me" time than the destination.

PS. I did book a cruise but have been having second thoughts on whether I booked the correct ship.

Happy 50th! I will be on Oasis in May celebrating my 50th. It will be my first time on Oasis class, so I can't give you any input on that, but I love Freedom class(Freedom, Liberty and Independence). I also would choose eastern Caribbean over western.

You will get many other opinions because everyone has their favorite ship and itinerary, so have fun deciding.

Honestly, you will have an amazing time on any ship and itinerary, so go and enjoy!!:)

..... Of course I have decided on a suite. I am a social person but also enjoy my solitude. I have a 22 & 24 year olds at home as well as my 10 year old (they will not be sailing) so I am looking for some "Adult Only" time as well.

Do I understand correctly, you are sailing solo and booked a suite?

Oh, hot rock massage was delish! I second that one.

I haven't sailed Freedom or Oasis class yet. I like Voyager class, but regardless there are tons of great things to do on RCI ships and you can be as participatory or alone as you want.

Make sure you sign up for your cruise's Meet & Mingle. That way you can get to know other people on your cruise and if you meet some people you would like to spend some time with you can.

Happy early 50th! (I'm turning 50 next year, too, and my roommate and I are doing a Transatlantic to celebrate my 50th and her 55th).

Two questions here; where is "queen city?" Sorry I never heard of it just like I know you never heard of Church Point.

And Johneeo why do you want to know if she booked a suite while cruising solo? Do you want to join her :p ?

Just joking Johneeo. I couldn't resist!

Two questions here; where is "queen city?" Sorry I never heard of it just like I know you never heard of Church Point.

And Johneeo why do you want to know if she booked a suite while cruising solo? Do you want to join her :p ?

Possibly Charlotte NC.

It looks like you booked the Jewel (from the countdown clock in your signature).

I think the Southern itinerary is fabulous! It's all about the ports. Jewel is a much loved ship in the fleet. I don't think you've made a mistake at all.

I'll be on Explorer out of NJ to the Cribbean in 11 days to celebrate my 50th. I have also sailed Explorer in January, a 12-day to the Caribbean and loved going from the cold to the warm, especially when I knew in was snowing in NY while I was sittling on the beach in St. Thomas :p. I can tell you that it was a very quiet and relaxing cruise at that time of the year.

I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in January of 2014. I knew that I wanted to do something extra special for myself. As a result I have been saving by having deductions taken from my pay every check for almost 2 years. I have decided to sail Royal Caribbean for the first time because it appears that they have the "suitest" perks. Of course I have decided on a suite. I am a social person but also enjoy my solitude. I have a 22 & 24 year olds at home as well as my 10 year old (they will not be sailing) so I am looking for some "Adult Only" time as well. Which ship would you suggest? It is more about the experience of being pampered' date=' resting, relaxing and enjoying my "me" time than the destination.

PS. I did book a cruise but have been having second thoughts on whether I booked the correct ship.[/quote']

The Oasis/Allure have the nicest Concierge Lounge of all the ships. Beautiful views looking back over the boardwalk.

However, these two ships will probably have the highest percentage of families/Children no matter what time you sail. And you will have children in the lounge, although, at least when I was in it, they were always well behaved.

If you want less kids, more adults, I would stick with something in the Radiance Class ships. They definitely have a more relaxed, laid back feel.

I was only in a Jr Suite on the Serenade, so I didnt have access to the Concierge lounge on that ship.

For what it's worth:

[Queen City] is the official place name of three places in the United States:

Queen City, Iowa, a formerly inhabited place

Queen City, Missouri

Queen City, Texas

It is the nickname for several cities, including Buffalo, NY, Burlington, VT, Charlotte, NC, Cincinnati, OH and Manchester, NH.

From wiki so it must be true. Are you going to enlighten us Jojo's Mama?

A nickname for Plainfield, NJ.

Archived