Carnival Ship will be using Royal Caribbeans Coco Cay

Paul, I beg to differ. I was just on the Jewel in December and we did stop at the Navy pier. Disney was there at the same time and they were docked right downtown. We had to use the trams to get into town and had to go through the Navy checkpoint and show our passports.

Maybe from now on they won't be using that dock and only one or two ships can be in Key West on any given day, depending on the ships size.

I stand corrected....you are right, sir. That's my short term memory. JOS just started using that pier on about every other visit here...including just yesterday.

Hey, when I'm wrong, it do it all the way. I also have no idea why I said it was Millennium that has been using that pier. I meant to say Constellation. :o

On my first visit to CocoCay, there was another ship next to the Majesty of the Seas (NOT Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Disney, or Carinval) that quickly disappeared in the morning. Later in the day while waiting for the next tender, security was asked about that other ship. Security said that the ship stopped because they saw the island and were curious about it. While that other ship's passengers weren't allowed on the island, the security person said that CocoCay is leased to other companies when not being used by ships owned by Royal Caribbean.

The next day Majesty of the Seas docked in Key West, right at Mallory Square.

Typically, Royal Caribbean has the following calls to CocoCay year round:

Majesty of the Seas on Saturdays and Wednesdays,

Monarch of the Seas on Sundays and Tuesdays (soon to be Enchantment)

Freedom of the Seas every other Monday.

When I visited CocoCay on a Tuesday from the Explorer of the Seas, Monarch's call was changed from Tuesday to Thursday.

I checked Carnival's site for October. http://www.carnival.com/core/cruisedetails.aspx?embkCode=JAX&itinCode=BAZ&durDays=5&shipCode=FS&subRegionCode=BH&numGuests=1&showDbl=False&isOver55=N&isPastGuest=N&stateCode=MA&isMilitary=N&dayOfWeek=Mon&sailDate=10142013&sailingID=65660&sailingSearchParams=dat:102013,dest:BH,C,CS,CW,CE,dur:,embkCode:,pageNumber:1,pageSize:5,PastGuest:N,Senior:N,shipCode:FS,sort:FromPrice,StateCode:MA,numGuests:1,offersOnly:false,tgo:,Military:N,length:3,tierCode:,

Carnival Fascination departs Jacksonville on a Monday. Their call to Little Stirrup Cay (aka CocoCay) is on a Thursday.

Just an FYI regarding Coco Cay...I was under the impression that RCI leased Coco Cay but accroding to their most recent 10-K (page 35 of the PDF version):

"We also operate two private destinations which we utilize as a port-of-call on certain of our itineraries: (i) an island we own in the Bahamas which we call CocoCay; and (ii) Labadee, a secluded peninsula we lease on the north coast of Haiti."

On my first visit to CocoCay, there was another ship next to the Majesty of the Seas (NOT Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Disney, or Carinval) that quickly disappeared in the morning. Later in the day while waiting for the next tender, security was asked about that other ship. Security said that the ship stopped because they saw the island and were curious about it. While that other ship's passengers weren't allowed on the island, the security person said that CocoCay is leased to other companies when not being used by ships owned by Royal Caribbean.

Are you sure that wasn't a NCL ship at their island...Great Stirrup Cay? They are right next to one another. I really doubt another cruise ship would just stop out of mere curiosity.

The next day Majesty of the Seas docked in Key West, right at Mallory Square.

FYI...MOS docks at the Westin Dock (Pier B), not at Mallory Square.

We were at Coco Cay yesterday, and were told by RCCL an official there that CCL will "rent" the island for about 30 visits a year. On those days, no RCL ships will be present. Also, MSC, who has visited there previously, will call just a few times annually.

Rick and Deirdra

I am really sorry to say I think that the ability for RCI to purchase CCL is a little out of the financial ability of RCI. Right now the total assets for CCL is $39 billion while RCI only have total assets at $19 billion. Also the US government would never allow this to happen because of what is called a monopoly. You need to get your facts straight.

Took the words out of my mouth. CCL is worth way more than RCI. I can't imagine CCL selling. And, as a RCI cruiser, I'm not sure how I would feel about that anyway.

Are you sure that wasn't a NCL ship at their island...Great Stirrup Cay? They are right next to one another. I really doubt another cruise ship would just stop out of mere curiosity.

I mentioned that my mystery ship was NOT a Norwegian ship. I'm well aware that Great Stirrup Cay is next to Little Stirrup Cay (CocoCay). There was no Norwegian ship at Great Stirrup Cay that Wednesday. On my four other subsequent visits to CocoCay, I've gone to the lookout point and took photos of both the Royal Caribbean I was sailing and the Norwegian ship at Great Stirrup Cay together in the same shot.

On my first visit, there was a ship next to us at CocoCay when I was on the pool deck after eating breakfast in the Windjammer. I went back to my stateroom to get my camera, but the ship was gone before I got back up to Deck 12 to take a picture minutes later. (If it had been a Norwegian ship, it wouldn't have been so close to our ship and it would have been there all day with us. If the mystery ship had been there while I was on CocoCay, I could have taken the photo of both ships from Island Oasis and not walk a mile to the Lookout Point.) We were told it could be some type of charter. It could have possibly been ResidenSea. What I do know is that it wasn't a mainstream US cruiseline ship, and it wasn't the Semester at Sea ship as they were docked with us the day before in Nassau.

Archived