Onboard Booking Discount - should I wait or book now?

JVNYC

Hi everyone. I am interested in booking the November Riviera Transatlantic in 2014. I am sailing on the Riviera in May this year and wondering if this particular 2014 Transatlantic cruise is offered in their onboard booking discount selections. Has anyone sailed recently and possibly still have the discount offer sheets handy? :) Or does anyone know? I know someone else on here mentioned that if I book the cruise now and if it's offered with an onboard booking discount when I sail in May that they would apply the discount to my already booked reservation. That would be great...if in fact it is for sure. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers to all.

I don't have full info for you but we booked on board in December with the new plan. Only deluxe ocean view and up on Nautica get discounts. We got a small discount each on our deluxe ocean view. Bigger discounts were available for more expensive accommodation but we didn't even ask! We also got $100 on board credit for the cruise we were on. My usual travel agent has the booking now.

Just be sure that by delaying you don't miss any important deadline such as free gratuities from O.

This cruise is offered every year. Unless you want a top or bottom category, there should be availability in May. I'm expecting to do the same booking when on Marina in May. Amount of credit will be minimal I expect. TA's are less expensive in general.

True, but only if the cabin category you book now is still available when you try onboard. Thats what happened to us in jan, 2013. Oceania rep was still able to give us a credit toward our already bkkd future cruise, but they couldn't give us as much as those who were doing their original bkkg onboard. We could have bkkd a different available category onboard for the larger discount, but the available cabins were not what we desired, AND we would have lost the promo perks from our original bkkg. Oceania rep explained this well, and was very helpful in getting us some discount on that already-bkkd future cruise anyway(although it was less than we would have received if bkkg onboard originally, we retained our desired category and all the promo perks that had expired by that time:)) I hope this is not too confusing!? Me thinks maybe I got too verbose?

You can book now and get the on board booking discount applied later when ur on board.

I've done it twice and will do again next month.

Thank you for the info. So, if I book a PH3 cabin now would I be able to keep the same cabin number if there are other PH3 cabins available when I sail in May? Does anyone know the discount amount that they would offer onboard? Is it better than 5% off?

Thank you for the info. So, if I book a PH3 cabin now would I be able to keep the same cabin number if there are other PH3 cabins available when I sail in May? Does anyone know the discount amount that they would offer onboard? Is it better than 5% off?

1) Yes.

2) Not likely. In the past it was 5% and occasionally even 10% on select cruises. Now it's often a fixed $ amount and less than 5%.

LAexNY is correct from our experience in Jan, 2013., also. You can definitely keep your cabin number, and the discount was a flat dollar amount. An oceanview was $300, as an example, for our 30 day cruise. I did not save the flyer for those cruises, sorry.

I am on the Riviera and just booked another cruise. I will get $100 shipboard credit on this cruise, pay only half the deposit and got $125 off per person for our B4 stateroom. If I cancel and don't book another cruise, the $100 given as the credit on this cruise will be deducted from the deposit when it is returned.

Benita, thanks for the info! I hope you are enjoying your cruise and having great weather. By chance, do you know if the 2014 Riviera Transatlantic November cruise is listed and offered (Barcelona to Miami) for an onboard discount? Does it list what the discount would be for a PH3 category by chance? Nothing like having eyes on board. :) Many thanks Benita.

I have the flyer right here- a PH3 is $5499 a person. I would book it now- the agent says the transatlantics are selling really fast. They will adjust the price when you are onboard- as long as that category is still available, if you wait to book it in May, there may not be any available and even if they are gone, there may still be PH 1 or PH2 to switch to. According to the front page of the flyer, gratuities will be included if you book by May 31.

Benita, thank you so much for your kindness in responding and providing the info on the Transatlantic. Hmmm, looks like that is the same price listed on the website so it may not have an onboard discount offered for this sailing. I intend to book now for sure, thanks for the tip! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and thank you again for taking the time to help! Cheers.

The flyer was left in our cabin tonight. For the Barcelona to Miami cruise, there is up to a $200 discount for ocean view, $300 for veranda and $700 off for a suite. This is per stateroom. I assume the $700 is for an owners suite and the discounts are less for other suites. For my cruise, as an example, we received $250 off for a B level cabin and the A level gets $300 off. In addition, we received a $100 OBC for our present sailing.

Watch out when booking onboard since they misrepresented the time frame for transferring your booking to an outside agent. You have only 30 days!!!!

We lost out on $500 shipboard credit since we were told " you have plenty of time..." OUTRIGHT LIE

Archived