First impression of Oceania Riviera

Caroldoll

Don't thnk you can go wrong with either product. We have loved "O" since we found it in 2007 and have 8 cruises, but now are going on our 2nd Regent cruise in less than 2 weeks. We look at itineray etc. and book accordindly but look forward to being back on "O" in June and again in January 2014 for 30 days from Capetown. Only ship haven't experinced on "O" is Riviera and have it in our sights! Happy cruising!

I completely agree about selecting based upon itinerary. Everything we have heard from others is that O is a luxury cruising experience. For us, that is wonderful as it is nice to have choices. Glad to hear you love it.

For us, the itinerary can be important in some cases, but increasingly for me at least, the ship is becoming the destination. So the particular ship experience is very important. And given that many Regent and Oceania itineraries mirror each other, not a big deal--if we decide we love Oceania we will choose that line because it is more reasonably-priced. If it were a special destination like Asia or SA, then yes, the itinerary becomes very important, and I would do Azamara or even HAL or Celebrity if the itinerary was right.

Dear Into the Sunset-

I might pay someone to exercise for me, but I PERSONALLY read each and every post MYSELF.

FDR

OH I would love to find someone that would do that even for a fee :D:D

Lyn

It is two legs this Christmas.

Then two legs next June in Italy (you know how spoiled I am with private jets, right?)

Then I want two legs for Christmas 2014 and into January

We are taking my son and DIL and another son and DIL and a husband and wife friend to Hawaii this coming October for Son #1 10th anniversary. If I could have changed that one I would have, but DIL #1 has her heart on her 10th on the beach in Kauai. DH won't do lots of sea days, so it has to be Pride of America. The good thing is that they are completely refurbishing it in September and we have four suites, so I guess it will be OK. I am going to miss Oceania though. Nothing in the world like it.

Dear Into the Sunset-

I might pay someone to exercise for me, but I PERSONALLY read each and every post MYSELF.

FDR

Speaking of exercise,Mr. FDR...I just returned from my first Oceania cruise, Mayan Mystiques on Riviera. After 21 previous cruises

we are absolutely sold on the Oceania product and made an onboard booking for November transatlantic on Riviera. One way you could really improve things for us "addicted" exercisers is to increase the number of eliptical machines in the gym and, if possible, add some machines that are better built and can take the wear. The three Technogym brand machines are very much in demand with waits to use them and their state of repair is not the best...no sound on televisions and they are wearing out already. When Riviera returns to Miami in about 12 days please go check them out and you'll see what I mean. BTW we loved the rest of the gym equipment and, of course the Canyon Ranch staff are the best!

Archived