Space to store luggage

cruisecountess

DH and I will be on the Riviera Black Sea cruise from July 25 through Aug. 6.

We will fly from Athens to London for two nights and then, on Aug. 8, set sail on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York. This will require us to have formalwear. We plan to pack it all in one suitcase which will remain unopened until we unpack (and press the items) on the Cunard ship. We are in an ocean view stateroom on the Riviera. Will there be sufficient space, hopefully under the bed, to store this suitcase along with our two others, plus one carryon each? I am open to all storage ideas ~ thank you.

Harriet

I've read here some pax store unpacked suitcases in the unused bathtub. If there were any metal catches or wheel axles or such I would not want to do this myself for concern of scratching the tub. Especially if the luggage is full and heavy.

If you cannot find sufficient storage in your stateroom the room attendant will store it for you and bring it back the night before disembarkation. Do remind them at a day before that! I would give them an empty one and store the full one under the bed.

I think O can also store your emptied luggage for you (I would keep the full/formalwear case under the bed). From the Oceania website FAQ:

Q: Where can I store my empty luggage on the ship?

A: Standard sized luggage may be stored under the bed. If the luggage does not fit underneath the bed, the Steward/Stewardness will remove it for storage elsewhere on the ship and will return it on the last evening of the cruise.

The best thing to do is have someone take out the empties (they will be returned when it is time to pack) and store the packed suitcase under the bed..I would hate to walk into a bathroom and look at luggage in the tub..

Jancruz1

I think O can also store your emptied luggage for you (I would keep the full/formalwear case under the bed). From the Oceania website FAQ:

Q: Where can I store my empty luggage on the ship?

A: Standard sized luggage may be stored under the bed. If the luggage does not fit underneath the bed, the Steward/Stewardness will remove it for storage elsewhere on the ship and will return it on the last evening of the cruise.

this with no problems! LuAnn

Archived