Dress Acceptable for Formal Night?

Hi everyone - I'm a new cruiser (minus a Carnival Cruise with my family when I was younger) and I'm unsure whether or not this dress would be adequate for Formal Night. It's the RCI 5 Night Cruise out of Lauderdale going to Labadee and Falmouth. I'm 5'9", 23 years old - so short dresses tend to look even shorter on my frame. This is a dress that I already have, so I'd love to not have to buy a more formal dress if I don't need to! My boyfriend was in the USMC, so I have a few gowns from the Marine Corps Balls.. but I'd rather not go quite that formal, especially for luggage space! Thanks for your help and opinions!

It's the LBD by the way - not the sparkly one. My sister is in the sparkle dress. It's probably better, but I don't think she'd let me borrow it. The black dress is a little flowy with a black slip type construction underneath the overlay. It also has some sequins down the front that aren't easy to see in the picture. Sorry it's such a tiny picture - if anyone has advice on how to upload it larger I'd be happy to post another picture!

Thanks!

LBD3.jpg.4a9e074f10393cb632ea2212e8e573ec.jpg

It's hard to see the details of the dress other then it is black since the pic is so small. But I will say you will see all kinds of dresses from floor length gowns to short cocktail dresses. And from what I can see of the dress, it looks like it would be fine. Maybe pair it will heels and some nice jewelry to dress it up.

So there are no restrictions on wearing a dress on formal nights to the main dining room? You can wear dressy pants and top?

The cocktail dress is only a suggestion?

thanks

You are correct. :)

Archived