All Things Adventure of the Seas

Hey Anna!

We enjoyed the Embassy Suites. it is a short walk to the beach and it is a beautiful beach. They have a concierge set up over there for your chairs and umbrella. We didn't get to use that as it was past five after we were told we could have enjoyed this earlier while waiting for our room. Breakfast was ok. Long lines and they were having a hard time keeping up with the filling..but we knew we would be eating again shortly on the ship so no biggie.

You can walk around to the right of the hotel and there is a grocery store back there. We went to a little store on the bottom level of a condo complex right out front of the resort. Very good prices and just what we needed! There is a Walgreens but it is further down the main street past the Hampton Inn.

Thank you so much for all this info! I do like Embassy Suites, but haven't had a chance to stay at this one. Glad to hear the beach is nice & they have a place to get chairs.

Thanks for the heads up on the store, glad there is one closer than the Walgreens, no fun walking with water, pop & wine ;)

~Anna

That's one of the reasons we chose that location. It's our first time on this ship, so I wanted a room I could find without too much troble. It's right by the aft elevator, so if I get lost i can just find the elevator. At worst I'll be at the wrong end of Deck 2 and have to walk back. ;)

Beth

There is a crew only area that separates deck 2 forward from aft. If you end up on the wrong end of deck 2 you have to go up to at least deck 4 walk to the other end and then back down to deck 2. That, of course, is unless you learn how to sneak through the crew only area.;);)

ah hah!!!! well hopefully someday we will get to sail with you and Robyn!! She booked again on the Adventure for the 24th of Feb..

How was your Indy trip?

Thanks for asking, we had a awesome week on Indy. I, too, hope that we get to sail together some time. There are some folks on these boards you you start to feel like you know and I suspect that a cruise together would be a lot of fun.:)

There is a crew only area that separates deck 2 forward from aft. If you end up on the wrong end of deck 2 you have to go up to at least deck 4 walk to the other end and then back down to deck 2. That, of course, is unless you learn how to sneak through the crew only area.;);)

Well, it's a two week cruise. By day 13 I may have figured out which way to go LOL!!!

Beth

I have another question. We were just on Carnival Breeze and my son LOVES the soft serve ice cream stations and I have to admit I LOVE it too. ;) We loved coming back from an excursion or playing by the pool and grabbing an ice cream cone to cool off...

So my question is does the AOS offer self serve ice cream stations and if so where are they located?

Thanks so much!!!!

I have another question. We were just on Carnival Breeze and my son LOVES the soft serve ice cream stations and I have to admit I LOVE it too. ;) We loved coming back from an excursion or playing by the pool and grabbing an ice cream cone to cool off...

So my question is does the AOS offer self serve ice cream stations and if so where are they located?

Thanks so much!!!!

It is on the starboard side of deck 11 which is the pool deck.

Just booked my 3rd AOS trip and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. AOS is NOT my preferred ship (though I don't have any issue with it), I've only sailed Voyager Class or smaller, but I prefer the Navigator. That being said, I'm thrilled to be booked on the Adventure for the 2014 sailing to Iceland and Norway. If it is half as enjoyable as my past cruises, I'll have an amazing time!

So excited. We just booked AOS for next year, January 2014 for the "B" itinerary (Antigua - St. Lucia, etc.). We just came back from the "A" itinerary (St. Thomas-Curacao, etc.) this past February. Had an awesome time. We think you just can't beat sailing out of San Juan in the winter time and the only disappointment we had with our last cruise was not getting to stay on for the other itinerary. Unfortunately, we just can't take off two weeks for a back-to-back at this time in our lives.

Robyn: if you read this, we will be sorry to miss you guys and the other February cruisers, but Jan will work better for us next year. Hope the weather, etc., is just as lovely this time of year. Also, if you or anyone else who has done the "B" itinerary has any suggestions on excursions, etc., I'd love to hear them.

Yay!

Kooiichan

Thanks for asking, we had a awesome week on Indy. I, too, hope that we get to sail together some time. There are some folks on these boards you you start to feel like you know and I suspect that a cruise together would be a lot of fun.:)

for sure....

Look out! Looks like you have more snow possibly coming your way...I am watching the ships sail out of fLL and port canaveral....oh does the freedom and disney ship have a horrible sail away...they were on tornado warnings around 3 ish

So excited. We just booked AOS for next year, January 2014 for the "B" itinerary (Antigua - St. Lucia, etc.). We just came back from the "A" itinerary (St. Thomas-Curacao, etc.) this past February. Had an awesome time. We think you just can't beat sailing out of San Juan in the winter time and the only disappointment we had with our last cruise was not getting to stay on for the other itinerary. Unfortunately, we just can't take off two weeks for a back-to-back at this time in our lives.

Robyn: if you read this, we will be sorry to miss you guys and the other February cruisers, but Jan will work better for us next year. Hope the weather, etc., is just as lovely this time of year. Also, if you or anyone else who has done the "B" itinerary has any suggestions on excursions, etc., I'd love to hear them.

Yay!

Kooiichan

which jan week are you? we are jan 26 for first week of b2b

Well I have just book a cruise on Adventure of the Seas for Sept this year Iceland and Norway. So tell me why you all love her so much.

I've booked that for 2014, so you'll have to post how it was! The Adventure is a great ship with a number of wonderful amenities. You'll have an excellent time.

Hi all......we have just booked the royal family suite...9694..deck 9 on Adventure for next October 26th....would like to hear from anyone who has been in this stateroom or knows anything good or bad !!!...about it.( I know its supposed to be obstructed but that doesnt bother us too much )

Photos would be lovely too....!

Sandra x

which jan week are you? we are jan 26 for first week of b2b

We will be ahead of you on January 12, 2014. Sorry we will miss you. It seems so close to the holidays, but we booked it because the following week is Martin Luther King day so I'll have the following Monday off of work. I now know that I'll need this day to recover. ;)

Koohiichan

We will be ahead of you on January 12, 2014. Sorry we will miss you. It seems so close to the holidays, but we booked it because the following week is Martin Luther King day so I'll have the following Monday off of work. I now know that I'll need this day to recover. ;)

Koohiichan

You sure will need the day to recoup!

Just booked my 3rd AOS trip and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. AOS is NOT my preferred ship (though I don't have any issue with it), I've only sailed Voyager Class or smaller, but I prefer the Navigator. That being said, I'm thrilled to be booked on the Adventure for the 2014 sailing to Iceland and Norway. If it is half as enjoyable as my past cruises, I'll have an amazing time!

We've been on the Navigator, and are going on the Adventure in 3 weeks........

Didn't think there would be any difference? Could you elaborate :)

We've been on the Navigator, and are going on the Adventure in 3 weeks........

Didn't think there would be any difference? Could you elaborate :)

Navigator has Vintages Wine bar on the Royal Promenade Adventure does not...yet. Navigator has different balcony structure than Adventure. Adventure's balconies have more metal due to the design of the first three Voyager class ships. Navigator has more plexiglass. Other than that it is mostly just decorative differences.

Navigator has Vintages Wine bar on the Royal Promenade Adventure does not...yet. Navigator has different balcony structure than Adventure. Adventure's balconies have more metal due to the design of the first three Voyager class ships. Navigator has more plexiglass. Other than that it is mostly just decorative differences.

Ah.... I did like the wine bar :)

Ah.... I did like the wine bar :)

Cathy , the Adventure does not have Chops either but she is a special ship, I am sure you won't be dissapointed.

During the crossing last year they had a 'street' fair along the promenade with raffle prizes, I won the free meal for two in Portofinos, someone won the all access tour for two which they sell for $175 pp.

There is just something about the crew...it's like coming home when you walk thru the doors each time...The crew is just so so proud of the ship and the service and we have received excellent service our two times on board and each b2b! Service far better than what we have recieved on Allure or Oasis as well.

Cant wait to go again.

There is just something about the crew...it's like coming home when you walk thru the doors each time...The crew is just so so proud of the ship and the service and we have received excellent service our two times on board and each b2b! Service far better than what we have recieved on Allure or Oasis as well.

Cant wait to go again.

It is funny that you mention that. One year when we were on Adventure we were walking into the Windjammer and one of the servers came up to me and said "Welcome back". It made me feel so good.:)

We have sailed AOS three times in the past and are looking at March 9th sailing next year.

We usually just book inside cabins but are going to splurge this year on a balcony - anywhere from standard balcony up to GS category.

So, what are your thoughts on deck and category? What are the best cabins in each category in your opinion.

We would like to be able to get some sun on our balcony so do not want overhangs. We will need the ability to have our kids nearby (inside likely for them still).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.