All Things Adventure of the Seas

I so loved my last two weeks aboard the Adventure with Robyn, Carole, Betty and many many others!!! Sure the carpet is worn here and there but varnishing of the rails were being done especially up on deck 12! We were told at the Captains Corner on Saturday that the drydock had been confirmed for April several weeks ago for 2014 April first two weeks instead of four. Not sure what confirmation they got as my ta just told me last three weeks of march and first week of april are blocked out and he confirmed with crown and anchor. I had him check on the last two weeks of march 2014 for us as that is what we had originally booked until having to move it when they changed dry dock dates from end of jan 2014. So who knows. We heard many rumors especially from Pedro our head waiter for the capts table and area that engineers had confirmed a single flow rider was going up on deck 13 which is considered the sports deck and some minor alterations to the ship would be done for that. I think that is a major undertaking for sure. too many people we talked to were excited the ship was going to be "split" during dry dock. don't think so..they said well their cabin steward told them so it must be true. oh boy....guess they don't know about the Enchantment. anyways...as Carole posted excellent two weeks....my nit pick things....they ran out of pina colada mix, strawberry mix, strawberries, and how in the heck do you run out of chocolate milk on day 2? lol so yep our seapass a little less first week and less than first week on the second leg...guess I saved on that 7-14 pound a week weight gain by not having my drinks....lol So thanks to my favorite dining room waiter Anthony Navarro from the Phillipines and his asst Ronald for a great two weeks again. We requested him from last year and also to our excellent room attendant...Maria Johnson.from Panama..who took great care of us in 8614 and Betty and Lew in 8612!!!! Can't wait to be in 8620 next year!!! Food in MDR was great each night for the most part. One evening there weren't many selections that wowed us but we made do. Windjammer also very good. And I have to say I love my crystal we received the first week for 210 nites at sea with Royal Caribbean. That was exciting. We never received our crystals at the other milestones of our journey through crown and anchor! Now they give them at 210 and every 70 thereafter apparently...the two spanish gentlemen received their awards for making Pinnacle this past week which were apparently overdue. Thank you again Robyn and Ocean Boy for starting our love for the Adventure and also for enjoying more of San Juan. You both are great advocates and deserve far more credit for helping us all!!!! Here's to sailing again soon!!!!

I so loved my last two weeks aboard the Adventure with Robyn, Carole, Betty and many many others!!! Sure the carpet is worn here and there but varnishing of the rails were being done especially up on deck 12! We were told at the Captains Corner on Saturday that the drydock had been confirmed for April several weeks ago for 2014 April first two weeks instead of four. Not sure what confirmation they got as my ta just told me last three weeks of march and first week of april are blocked out and he confirmed with crown and anchor. I had him check on the last two weeks of march 2014 for us as that is what we had originally booked until having to move it when they changed dry dock dates from end of jan 2014. So who knows. We heard many rumors especially from Pedro our head waiter for the capts table and area that engineers had confirmed a single flow rider was going up on deck 13 which is considered the sports deck and some minor alterations to the ship would be done for that. I think that is a major undertaking for sure. too many people we talked to were excited the ship was going to be "split" during dry dock. don't think so..they said well their cabin steward told them so it must be true. oh boy....guess they don't know about the Enchantment. anyways...as Carole posted excellent two weeks....my nit pick things....they ran out of pina colada mix, strawberry mix, strawberries, and how in the heck do you run out of chocolate milk on day 2? lol so yep our seapass a little less first week and less than first week on the second leg...guess I saved on that 7-14 pound a week weight gain by not having my drinks....lol So thanks to my favorite dining room waiter Anthony Navarro from the Phillipines and his asst Ronald for a great two weeks again. We requested him from last year and also to our excellent room attendant...Maria Johnson.from Panama..who took great care of us in 8614 and Betty and Lew in 8612!!!! Can't wait to be in 8620 next year!!! Food in MDR was great each night for the most part. One evening there weren't many selections that wowed us but we made do. Windjammer also very good. And I have to say I love my crystal we received the first week for 210 nites at sea with Royal Caribbean. That was exciting. We never received our crystals at the other milestones of our journey through crown and anchor! Now they give them at 210 and every 70 thereafter apparently...the two spanish gentlemen received their awards for making Pinnacle this past week which were apparently overdue. Thank you again Robyn and Ocean Boy for starting our love for the Adventure and also for enjoying more of San Juan. You both are great advocates and deserve far more credit for helping us all!!!! Here's to sailing again soon!!!!

It was great to meet you too!

I also heard a rumor that the ship was going to be split at the aft like the Oasis class :confused: I kinda doubt it as that would be a HUGE undertaking and would likely mean a longer drydock....

We are booked for February 23/14 - looking forward to another great cruise!!

What is a 'pole cabin' ??

Let me in on the secret ........please !!!!!

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_13881688/gallery.html

Click on the Balcony pictures which is the middle one it will show you the room , there are also pictures of the balcony .This is rooms 1388 and 1688 on Voyager class ships , but dont book them they are horrible rooms :rolleyes:

The ship ran out of Pina Colada Mix...REALLY?????? No way...one of my most favorite drinks...who responsible for the shortages?:confused:

Angela

Food and Beverage Manager. This ship has just introduced the liquor packages and apparently still using past weeks information. The bar people were very upset as they use these mixes in several combinations. People were mad. Rightly so in my opinion and the drink of the day or special was changed several days before as they knew they were getting low.

So hoping they get it under control. Not like the mixes are going to go bad having extra and I do realize storage is a premium but if you are going to offer this you have to be able to supply it. I would be very upset if we had purchased these packages and not been able to get our favorite beverages as they didn't seem to be adjusting them.

Hi fellow AOS lovers :) I guess this is our new home!!!

Thanks for the nice comments, I am so glad that my thread helped so many people make the right decision to sail the Adventure ;)

Looking forward to chatting with everyone here from now on!

OMG just what I need is one more thread to follow :rolleyes: ;)

~Bob~

I have a question, we stop at St Thomas on our Feb 14 Southern Caribbean cruise and was wondering where the AOS docks when in St Thomas. Is it Havensight or Crown Bay. Thank you for your help... :)

Edited by ILUVCRUIZN

I have a question, we stop at St Thomas on our Feb 14 Southern Caribbean cruise and was wondering where the AOS docks when in St Thomas. Is it Havensight or Crown Bay. Thank you for your help... :)

The Adventure docks at Havensight :)

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_13881688/gallery.html

Click on the Balcony pictures which is the middle one it will show you the room , there are also pictures of the balcony .This is rooms 1388 and 1688 on Voyager class ships , but dont book them they are horrible rooms :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does the link not work

So, I just saw at RCI's website that they're about to post the Adventure's sailings through fall of 2014, which ends the Europe season with another transat to San Juan in November. The eastbound transat in April 2014 is from Miami, not San Juan. It will do a one week cruise from Miami to San Juan/St. Maarten/Labadee/Miami after drydock before the transat.

We'll be in a corner aft, 1688 in April. Poor us :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Its great to see more Delaware folks loving the Adventure!!! there were several of us two weeks ago doing a b2b and then on the second week a large group from Seaford on our plane home that loved the Adventure!!!

We are from Smyrna!!! Bonnie Voyager here on cc is from Newark...she has all the great cabin pictures!!!

So, I just saw at RCI's website that they're about to post the Adventure's sailings through fall of 2014, which ends the Europe season with another transat to San Juan in November. The eastbound transat in April 2014 is from Miami, not San Juan. It will do a one week cruise from Miami to San Juan/St. Maarten/Labadee/Miami after drydock before the transat.

thanks for the great information!!! We so enjoyed our past two weeks on the Adventure with Robyn on board with us too....

it was our first time staying at the Embassy Suites and hopefully not our last. Last year for our first time spending the night in san juan before our first cruise out of this port, we chose the Comfort Inn and didn't have a good experience. We loved that area tho. We felt we made a great choice this time also. The people were awesome and we enjoyed our experience.

We'll be in a corner aft, 1688 in April. Poor us :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We have the week before you . I am taking Champagne , if we dont drink It will hide and leave for you ;)

Edited by frito58

thanks for the great information!!! We so enjoyed our past two weeks on the Adventure with Robyn on board with us too....

it was our first time staying at the Embassy Suites and hopefully not our last. Last year for our first time spending the night in san juan before our first cruise out of this port, we chose the Comfort Inn and didn't have a good experience. We loved that area tho. We felt we made a great choice this time also. The people were awesome and we enjoyed our experience.

I am glad to hear that you liked the Embassy Suites, this is one of my 3 choices for our pre cruise stay next year. Was it within walking distance to anything like restaurants or a store where we could purchase water and pop to take on the ship with us.. :)

By the way I am loving this thread!!!! :)

Its great to see more Delaware folks loving the Adventure!!! there were several of us two weeks ago doing a b2b and then on the second week a large group from Seaford on our plane home that loved the Adventure!!!

We are from Smyrna!!! Bonnie Voyager here on cc is from Newark...she has all the great cabin pictures!!!

I haven't even BEEN on the Adventure yet and I know I'm going to love it. We loved her sister the Explorer, and San Juan is one of our favorite ports, so what's not to love?

Being from Delaware I'm really excited that the rumors about the Quantum coming to Bayonne don't seem like rumors anymore... although there's something to be said for sailing out of San Juan and starting out with warm weather and a beautiful port.

We've been known to drive over to Kent Island to Hemingways to watch the Enchantment or Grandeur sail under the Bay Bridge - for a quick cruise obsession fix! The wait staff thinks we're nuts for sitting at dinner watching the marine traffic app on the phone and jumping up to take pictures:p

I've seen Bonnie Voyagers posts - love the pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a discount for that room? I get that it's bigger... but I'm such a klutz, I know I'd run into that pole!

Its a D1 room price , JS size .Only thing it doesnt have is the full size bathroom , Guess it nots for you LOL.