Celebrity Silhouette

capecodjoan

Need a bit more information -- deciding what is "best" is difficult without it.

Budget hotel?

Closest to airport?

Closest to variety of restaurants?

Closest to beach?

Part of a chain you have frequent stay status in (ie Marriott, Hilton, etc.)

Charming/boutique hotel?

=========

Question 2 -- I believe that one side of the bar is smoking, one is non-smoking

The sunset bar works well for sailaway because if you have any smokers in the group they can all be accommodated. It isn't too bad, honest. I'm a nonsmoker who is bothered by smoke and didn't think it was a problem.

Beth

The sunset bar works well for sailaway because if you have any smokers in the group they can all be accommodated. It isn't too bad, honest. I'm a nonsmoker who is bothered by smoke and didn't think it was a problem.

Beth

And smoking at the Sunset Bar is only on the port side, starboard side is non smoking. No ashtrays on that side, although some smokers may wander over to visit.

The best hotel in FLL is the one you can afford that offers free shuttle from the airport and to the pier. Last time, we stayed in the Hampton Inn airport North, and they also recommended a canal-side restaurant, and their shuttle took us there and picked us up after. EM

There are so many hotels/motels in the area. Depends on what you

want.

I don't care about one that offers a shuttle to the port. Cabs are plentiful and many of the hotels are a 10 minute cab ride to the port.

Sure, some have shuttles but of course you have to wait for them.....

Call a cab...no lines, no waiting......;):D:)

The "best" hotel is probably the Ritz-Carlton.

I was just looking for a hotel in FL--the reviews/ratings of the Ritz were bad--in the 7's out of 10.

We booked on Hotwire, got the the Doubletree Gallery One suites for $104/night. Right next to the big mall, restaurants, grocery and pharmacy, also there's a water taxi stop right at the hotel. For three nights pre-cruise, we think it'll be great, won't have to have a car. Cab from airport and to port--easy!

I'm not saying it's the 'best', far from it, but it'll work and we can afford an extra day to play in FLL.

I was just looking for a hotel in FL--the reviews/ratings of the Ritz were bad--in the 7's out of 10.

We booked on Hotwire, got the the Doubletree Gallery One suites for $104/night. Right next to the big mall, restaurants, grocery and pharmacy, also there's a water taxi stop right at the hotel. For three nights pre-cruise, we think it'll be great, won't have to have a car. Cab from airport and to port--easy!

I'm not saying it's the 'best', far from it, but it'll work and we can afford an extra day to play in FLL.

That hotel is definitely in a great location:D you are attached to the

Galleria! Way to go:)

I used Hotwire and got the Renassiance on 17th Street which I am

happy with;) but that Doubletree? Great location for sure!

The best hotel in FLL is the one you can afford that offers free shuttle from the airport and to the pier. Last time, we stayed in the Hampton Inn airport North, and they also recommended a canal-side restaurant, and their shuttle took us there and picked us up after. EM

I ditto this recommendation! The staff is friendly and helpful. You are just across from a Big Lots for any of those forgotten / or choose not to pack items. The free shuttle service is great - and they even took us to our dining spot and picked us up again. Hard to bet that service! The hotel itself is clean, bright, nice breakfast - Can't go wrong with this hotel.

That hotel is definitely in a great location:D you are attached to the

Galleria! Way to go:)

I used Hotwire and got the Renassiance on 17th Street which I am

happy with;) but that Doubletree? Great location for sure!

Hi Lois:

Did you get the Renaissance for an upcoming cruise, or a previous cruise? I got that hotel on Priceline for my last cruise out of FLL, and it was great for the money, and a super location. The $6.00 shuttle was very convenient, and operated more like a taxi than a shuttle...no waiting.

I'm trying Priceline for FLL before my Transatlantic on the Silhouette in April, but nothing coming up at reasonable prices so far. :(

Hi Lois:

Did you get the Renaissance for an upcoming cruise, or a previous cruise? I got that hotel on Priceline for my last cruise out of FLL, and it was great for the money, and a super location. The $6.00 shuttle was very convenient, and operated more like a taxi than a shuttle...no waiting.

I'm trying Priceline for FLL before my Transatlantic on the Silhouette in April, but nothing coming up at reasonable prices so far. :(

Hi Elena:)....I got it for my upcoming cruise....5 weeks from today:D

I will talk to them about that shuttle.....I didn't care about a hotel

with one but for 6 bucks? That is less than a taxi;)

I should have been more specific. We decided to come down a day early for our cruise leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. I wanted a hotel that was clean and a place that others have liked. I didn't want to pay over $300 since we are booking this last minute. (which is alot to begin with) We take cabs so shuttles aren't important since 2 shuttle rides=one cab ride.

Regarding the Sunset Bar, as long as there is a non smoking side then hopefully we will meet everyone then. Otherwise we are signed up for our first Connections party...after cruising over 30 times...about time!!!

Hi Lois:

Since you were so much help to me on the Rome hotel, here's my tip. Try Hotwire. We could have had a four star along the ocean for $144 but opted for the 3.5 star for $104 and ended up with a suite hotel just off the beach. I really prefer Hotwire to priceline, have had good luck using their hidden rooms. Plus I registered with better bidding dot com and that helps you figure out what hotel it is before you buy--a great feature. Works for Priceline as well. let me know how it turns out!

We will also be on the Silhouette Translatlantic, and I have booked our pre-cruise stay with Hotwire and got the Springhill Suites at Fort Lauderdale airport for US$ 101.00. I was hoping for a lower rate but being a weekend and with 5 cruise ships in port, I am happy with this rate.

Regards

Dolores

We will also be on the Silhouette Translatlantic, and I have booked our pre-cruise stay with Hotwire and got the Springhill Suites at Fort Lauderdale airport for US$ 101.00. I was hoping for a lower rate but being a weekend and with 5 cruise ships in port, I am happy with this rate.

Regards

Dolores

Dolores, have you joined our very active roll call? You can access it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1612161&page=58 C'mon over!

I should have been more specific. We decided to come down a day early for our cruise leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. I wanted a hotel that was clean and a place that others have liked. I didn't want to pay over $300 since we are booking this last minute. (which is alot to begin with) We take cabs so shuttles aren't important since 2 shuttle rides=one cab ride.

Regarding the Sunset Bar, as long as there is a non smoking side then hopefully we will meet everyone then. Otherwise we are signed up for our first Connections party...after cruising over 30 times...about time!!!

We like the Riverside Hotel and book the Executive Towers. The rooms typically run about $250-$300. Hotel is over a Cheesecake Factory and along the water taxi line, plus next to Las Olas neighborhood.

http://www.riversidehotel.com/

Dolores, have you joined our very active roll call? You can access it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1612161&page=58 C'mon over!

CathyCruises: Yes I have joined the roll call quite a few months ago and am also on the list for the Sailaway Party. The only thing I still have to do is book the flight from Rome to Zurich.

Regards from sunny and mild Switzerland

Where you looking?

TripAdvisor (the parent site to CC) has them very highly rated:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d633139-Reviews-The_Ritz_Carlton_Fort_Lauderdale-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

I've stayed at the Ft Lauderdale Ritz a few times for business functions. My stays there have been phenomenal -- probably the best of any hotel I've ever stayed at in Florida (and I travel a lot).

The hotel is so well respected, my company (based in Ft Lauderdale) puts up all our clients and out-of-town candidates up at the Ritz. We've only heard rave reviews about the hotel.

Archived