Taxi or private car with driver from Rome to Civitavecchia

Piggy Cruiser

Dear all,

We'll be joining a 11 nights cruise departing from Civitavecchia. As we'll be taking the flight to Rome and need to transfer to the Cruise Terminl at Civitevecchia straight after getting off at the Flumicino Airport, any recommendation on the transfer service from Flumicino Airport to the Cruise Terminal at Civitavecchia? Any idea on the price range?

Thanks a lot!

Dear all,

We'll be joining a 11 nights cruise departing from Civitavecchia. As we'll be taking the flight to Rome and need to transfer to the Cruise Terminl at Civitevecchia straight after getting off at the Flumicino Airport, any recommendation on the transfer service from Flumicino Airport to the Cruise Terminal at Civitavecchia? Any idea on the price range?

Thanks a lot!

There are several good companies that do private transfers and lots of threads on them on the ports board. Your best bet is to email a couple to get a quote. I far prefer one of them to a taxi as you will know what you are paying in advance:D and should have a very nice car!

We have used Rome in Limo in the past and have been very pleased with them:D

You may not be aware that Civitavecchia is a distance from either Rome or the Rome airport.

Private drivers will charge 120-160 for 2 people. Taxis will probably be in the same range. I believe their are some shuttles (shared vans) for around 90 euro per person.

I agree with the previous advice to check on your roll call to see if others are flying in on the same day. If you can arrange to share, it will lower the cost per person.

We arranged for a private driver from the port to Rome - while it was a bit expensive, I had a private tour planned and wanted to make sure we arrived on time. The drive was really very nice and relaxed in a very nice car. The driver was pretty quiet - but we weren't paying for a guide, so that was okay. The drive was beautiful and we got to really see the countryside.

We took a train back and it went so fast we didn't see anything - so we were glad we took the private car into Rome.

In that we had met our driver at the port we were unaware of the hike from the train station back to the port - and were quite surprised at how far it was. Once at the port we had to wait for the shuttle to take us to the ship. Make sure you leave enough time for all the walking and waiting.

When one takes the train from Rome to the port, how far do you need to walk from the train station? Are there cabs available at the train station? Many thanks!

I would not count on cabs being available, and if there are most do not want to go the short distance. It is ~6 flat blocks from the train station to the port entrance, where there are complimentary shuttles to take you to your ship. If you have rolling luggage it's not too bad.

However, if you can hook up with others from your roll call and share a shuttle to the port, it is probably a smart move. We are a group of 7 going from the port to our respective hotels in Rome and we are paying 25E each. I have used the train multiple times but with luggage, and being delivered right to our door, this worked better for us.

Isn't a taxi a car with a private driver?

I don't know about the US, but in the UK taxis (although they can be prebooked) can be hailed on the street and wait around at taxi ranks in city centres, railway stations etc for passing trade. Cars with private drivers don't do that. They can only be prebooked.

I have used Rome Cabs from the airport to the port. The cost was 130 Euros for two of us. The car was very nice, service efficient and professional. I will be using them again in May, to/from the port. You can find them on the web romecabs.com

We have used Rome Cabs also but I prefer Limo in Rome - limoinrome.com - Claudio.

RomeCabs is who I use. check your spam/blocked emails as that is where I found the replies from them.

• 2 weeks later...

We used RomeCabs a couple years ago to take us from our hotel in Rome to the port in Civitavecchia. We're doing a TA that will get us into Civitavecchia on April 21st. We booked RomeCabs again to take us to our hotel. The current rate with them is 130€.

Tim

Archived