2014 / 2015 Deployment Update

Andy

In April 2015 Celebrity's S class ships will finally be able to pass through the Panama Canal. This should open up new itineraries ,including expanded Pacific /Asia sailings. This might also be the catalyst for a new class of ship, and the beginning of the end for the M class....

I know I'm a year early, but it's still exciting...

Hi Kevnzworld,

There have been so many delays on this project, that I wouldnt believe any completion date as accurate. Furthermore, I would think that a deployment manager will wait and see it actually open (or get very close to it), before they confirm an S-Class ship deployment.

What happens if they announce in the near future, only to find out there's yet another delay. They'd have a huge mess on their hands. Tough to manage, when deployments are scheduled 12-18 months in advance. Of course, I could be wrong about this... but if I were to play armchair deployment manager, I'd never take that gamble.

I'm sure the day is coming when we'll see an S-Class ship transit the Canal. The big question is - when ? :)

Thanks for the heads up Andy. Are those "" As an exclusive offer for our members, you can save up to $500† on your vacation "" per person or per cabin?

Where can I find pricing on the Bermuda 2014 dates? :confused:

Don,

I think the only way you can find pricing is by calling a Celebrity Cruise Consultant or your TA. I booked a SUMMIT cruise for May 2014 and received all the pricing info from phone calls.

They told me the pricing will be on line when the sailings are released for the general public. Right now, booking is only open to us special people.

Don,

I think the only way you can find pricing is by calling a Celebrity Cruise Consultant or your TA. I booked a SUMMIT cruise for May 2014 and received all the pricing info from phone calls.

They told me the pricing will be on line when the sailings are released for the general public. Right now, booking is only open to us special people.

Pricing for SUMMIT Bermuda 2014 season is now available at the Celebrity website.

I got this info in an email from Celebrity in Norway:

"Bermuda and Canada on board Celebrity Summit available 7 March.

Northern Europe and Great Britain on board Celebrity Eclipse and Celebrity Infinity available 21 March.

Mediterranean on board Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette available 27 March.

South America and Panama Canal on board Celebrity Infinity available 3 April.

Caribbean on board Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Summit available 11 April.

Asia, Australia and Hawaii on board Celebrity Century, Celebrity Millenium og Celebrity Solstice available 17 April.

Celebrity promises many new itineraries with more time in port and overnight stays."

Hi Everyone,

Please disregard the dates in the above post for Caribbean, Asia, Australia & Hawaii. The dates have changed, and the revised dates are located in the first post on this thread.

Don,

Hi CarolRick,

That's correct. The Bermuda, Canada & New England sailings are currently open exclusively to Captains Club members, and it's best to contact your TA or Captains Club for pricing information. As it's been about a week on the above releases, they will probably appear on the X website within the next few days.

I hope this helps !

Hi Andy,

I am a Captains Club member now. How do you find out about these early releases? And do you get a special discount?

I am interested in the OZ/NZ schedule for January 2015 which I gather will come out either the 11th of the 17th of April 2013.

Thxs for your help:)

Pricing for SUMMIT Bermuda 2014 season is now available at the Celebrity website.

That's odd. I'm not seeing it. Guess the website is acting up again.

Hi Andy,

I am a Captains Club member now. How do you find out about these early releases? And do you get a special discount?

I am interested in the OZ/NZ schedule for January 2015 which I gather will come out either the 11th of the 17th of April 2013.

Thxs for your help:)

Hi Waihekan,

I'm not certain if the current Captains Club offer is available for Aus/NZ Guests, so I'd suggest contacting your local office. In the fine print, it states the offer is open to residents of US & Canada Guests only. Hopefully, there's an offer for your region.

The Australia / NZ deployment is scheduled to be released around April 11th, but we may see them earlier, if Celebrity continues with their plan of offering Captains Club members a 1 week exclusive booking window.

Here's a link to the Captains Club offer : http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=captains_club_world_tour_cruise

I hope this helps !

I got this info in an email from Celebrity in Norway:

Asia, Australia and Hawaii on board Celebrity Century, Celebrity Millenium og Celebrity Solstice available 17 April.

Celebrity promises many new itineraries with more time in port and overnight stays."

''Asia,Australia and Hawaii on board century , Celebrity Millenium og Celebrity Solstice''etc..... ????

Is there a hint of really expanded sailings for CENTURY ? I have a feeling Celebrity is really thinking long and hard about expanding their Aussie/ NZ /Asia presence ( everybody else is.....)

Cheers

''Asia,Australia and Hawaii on board century , Celebrity Millenium og Celebrity Solstice''etc..... ????

Is there a hint of really expanded sailings for CENTURY ? I have a feeling Celebrity is really thinking long and hard about expanding their Aussie/ NZ /Asia presence ( everybody else is.....)

Cheers

Hi Claude,

Pertaining to the above comment - I don't think so. I read it more to be Century in Hawaii (and perhaps pacific coastal), Solstice in Australia/NZ, and Millennium in Asia. In other words, more of the same. While it appears to be the same ships in the same regions, perhaps the itineraries will change. We'll see what happens. Only a few more weeks to go !

Hi Waihekan,

The Australia / NZ deployment is scheduled to be released around April 11th, but we may see them earlier, if Celebrity continues with their plan of offering Captains Club members a 1 week exclusive booking window.

Here's a link to the Captains Club offer : http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=captains_club_world_tour_cruise

I hope this helps !

Thank you Andy, we will just have to wait and see what happens in April.

Any guesses as to any changes to the caribbean sailings? I'd love to see a 7 day southern caribbean added (similar to the one Princess offers that stops in Princess Cays, Curacao and Aruba)...Obviously Celebrity won't stop in Princess Cays, but they could substitute a nearby port....

Any guesses as to any changes to the caribbean sailings? I'd love to see a 7 day southern caribbean added (similar to the one Princess offers that stops in Princess Cays, Curacao and Aruba)...Obviously Celebrity won't stop in Princess Cays, but they could substitute a nearby port....

Hi Patterson3,

Most every Cruise line is extremely tight lipped on deployment hints. In most cases, little is known, until the day of release.

I'd love to see something similar to your suggestion as well, but with the current cost of fuel, and this itinerary would be a huge fuel burner, I'd be sueprised if Celebrity offers this. What I'm hoping for is some creativity in the new Caribbean deployments, with a ship or two potentially switching around, along with some updated itineraries. With that said, I'm keeping my expectations very low.

One of the reasons Celebrity may lose our business in the Caribbean is that they keep visiting the same ports. The sting rays spell out "welcome back GH" on the bottom when we arrive at Grand Cayman...etc. We need some new ports. How about a cruise to Bermuda from somewhere other than Bayonne...some of us in Florida might actually go on that cruise. What about a northern TA in the fall instead of going back to the same ports that we've now visited three times.

So we wait to see....and we don't have high hopes....

Truthfully, I am not hearing a any real changes that will excite us. It's unlikely there will be a ship in the Caribbean during the summer as the ships are selling well in Europe. The only possibility would be Century if there are problems with negotiations with Alaska.

I agree that X's itineraries are tired. But as ships get bigger, options get smaller. We can only hope.

I agree with the ghstudios comment about losing business in the caribbean because the intineraries never change. Jumped ship this next cruise to try RCCL's port line up. Not that they are all new to us but something different. I'd like to see a 10 -12 itinerary as I'm getting tired of 7 day trips.

I sure hope that happens...waiting anxiously for the new releases to find out.

When I asked about this at the future cruise presentation, the sales staff knew nothing about it:rolleyes:

Oh man. I'm really hoping too. I wanted to book celebrity for my honeymoon but didn't want to do the 12-night sailing. So in really hoping for the 7-night b

Funny about the differing perspectives on the length of cruise itineraries. I am hoping the opposite. I've been drooling over the 10 & 11 day E. Med Cruises on Reflection from Civitavecchia and hope they repeat it in 2014. I think they will.

Understand people can't or don't want to be on cruises over 7 days for whatever reasons. But I haven't been on a cruise since 97 and I've got the wife agreeing up to an 11 day cruise, working on 14.

Here's hoping everyone gets their wish for their dream Celebrity itinerary. As least in the Med in 2014 anyway! :D

You are so right. Here I am hoping the Reflection will do longer cruises than 10-11 days.

Celebrity hasn't done any 7 days cruises in the Med since the Constellation in 2010.

Those 7 days are great for an "extra, just because, I need a cruise in between my longer cruises" cruise:D

I recently read celebrity will add 7-night Mediterranean sailings in 2014 any idea what ship it will be?

A 7 night Med cruise would be great for Europeans, but not for Americans. With such a short cruise the airfare might cost more than the cruise:)

Still chomping at the bit for the Pacific Coastal itineraries. But we did an 11 Night on the Millennium out of San Juan in January of 2011. it would be nice if thay could restart those!

Archived