As of March 2013 what is air deviation fee?

Lola911

There really isn't an easy answer to this, because just as many people would be outraged if Oceania gave preference to flying in early.

The austerity brigade would be particularly vocal, and I don't even want to think about the accusations of "Hotel Shilling".

The answer to the potential problem you allude to is to make cruise air scheduling price neutral to dates of travel like Celebrity/RCCL/Azamara does with their Choiceair program. You would not need to engage in the complexity of a website such as Choiceair, however, just allow people to pick their dates of travel to and from cruise ship and indicate such when they book the cruise.

Unfortunately the specials you refer to apparently only apply to ten specific upcoming (European) cruises,

Yes but if you want to go on one of them they are great amenities!!! They are a great deal..

Jancruz1

Look, If you do the math Oceania over all comes in well under celeb , holland america and Princess. In the recent Regent atlas they did a value comparison of what it would actualy cost you taking the same trip on a similiar mass market ship ( call em "Modern luxury" or "Premimum" all you want they are still mass market average products) , to be more costly.

To me the cruise cost is the sum of everything I have to spend from my house to when I return. Cheap cabins and $50 speciality rest, daily tips, water down the wine, making up the weight , charge you 2% for looking in the mirror twice... Suprising how the money rolls in... ( apology to Le Mis master of the house) Thats the competition. Thats the market and reality.

Profit or perish.

This is not slick ads or deception. It is hard cold fact and I am one who has experienced it several times. I canceled a Holland America cruise because it was a whopping $291 a day more than Oceania when you added it all together.....:eek:. you read that right amigos...$ 291 a day more on the Amsterdam in a plain veranda than on Marina in a B-4 when you added in all the little stuff oceania provides.

Oceania has the superior product but the mass market boys are gouging like you can not dream. Oceania see this disparity and needs to charge more for the value.

We are getting such value I can not belive it.....

Look, If you do the math Oceania over all comes in well under celeb , holland america and Princess. In the recent Regent atlas they did a value comparison of what it would actualy cost you taking the same trip on a similiar mass market ship ( call em "Modern luxury" or "Premimum" all you want they are still mass market average products) , to be more costly.

To me the cruise cost is the sum of everything I have to spend from my house to when I return. Cheap cabins and $50 speciality rest, daily tips, water down the wine, making up the weight , charge you 2% for looking in the mirror twice... Suprising how the money rolls in... ( apology to Le Mis master of the house) Thats the competition. Thats the market and reality.

Profit or perish.

This is not slick ads or deception. It is hard cold fact and I am one who has experienced it several times. I canceled a Holland America cruise because it was a whopping $291 a day more than Oceania when you added it all together.....:eek:. you read that right amigos...$ 291 a day more on the Amsterdam in a plain veranda than on Marina in a B-4 when you added in all the little stuff oceania provides.

Oceania has the superior product but the mass market boys are gouging like you can not dream. Oceania see this disparity and needs to charge more for the value.

We are getting such value I can not belive it.....

Our analysis differs. We cruise Oceania because we love the product and the smaller ships, but have done all if the math and find that if we cruise Celebrity Aqua Class with its own included specialty restaurant, pay for a few other specialty restaurants, buy a soda card and pay extra for laundry services since they have no self serve laundries, we still pay less for comparable travel on Celebrity given Oceania's higher costs for alchohol, gratuities, spa services and shore excursions and even considering Oceania's "included" air. So far the overall pricing on Oceania is somewhat higher..for the way we cruise.. and not a deal breaker for us, but, as I noted earlier, I think they are testing reasonable price points for the non all inclusive market.

I think they are testing reasonable price points for the non all inclusive market.

I believe many of us that cruise on Oceania have no interest in an "all inclusive" product. Why pay for alcohol others drink and bus tours others

take?

I believe many of us that cruise on Oceania have no interest in an "all inclusive" product. Why pay for alcohol others drink and bus tours others

take?

I agree

We cruise for the ambiance ...I do not even bother to compare prices anymore with other lines

We like Oceania so why change;)

Wish I was cruising NOW :(

Lyn

Today we received our air deviation request just as requested...we are thrilled. Yes, they say free air...sorry not looking at a brochure at the moment for correct wording, but HELLO two people cannot fly from Vancouver to Barcelona and return from Rio for $550/person + $150 air deviation = $700/person. If you don't want the so-called free air then take the air allowance discount. Yes, it is annoying that deviation cost keeps creeping up.

Archived