Liberty of the Seas - any "secret" spots?

Our last cruise was on the allure, full of secret spots to find (the sun deck which folks can't figure out how to get to, the public balconies overlooking the aqua theater). Are there any we should know about for the Liberty??

• 1 year later...
Nada??

Beth did you ever find any "secrets" about the LIberty?

I am travelling on LOS in November and taking our girls on their 1st cruise. This will be our first time on anything bigger than their Vision class. Anyone have any hints, tips, must sees etc. fo us?

65 days and cant wait!!

Thanks!

Kelly

No real secrets as found on Oasis class. If one does not have access to the Diamond Club with the terrace overlooking the promenade, the forward area between each group of elevator provides a good spot to watch, yet not be in the middle of the crowds during promenade parades and events.

There is also a quiet siting area on the upper decks near starboard forward elevators and the area outside the fitness center is accessed prior to entry to the Spa. The helipad is not widely used and has park benches for reading and relaxing.

Our last cruise was on the allure, full of secret spots to find (the sun deck which folks can't figure out how to get to, the public balconies overlooking the aqua theater). Are there any we should know about for the Liberty??

Not that I am aware of. Helipad area is usually quite quiet and good for star gazing.

Edited by Folk Singer

No real secrets as found on Oasis class. If one does not have access to the Diamond Club with the terrace overlooking the promenade, the forward area between each group of elevator provides a good spot to watch, yet not be in the middle of the crowds during promenade parades and events.

There is also a quiet siting area on the upper decks near starboard forward elevators and the area outside the fitness center is accessed prior to entry to the Spa. The helipad is not widely used and has park benches for reading and relaxing.

Freedom class diamond lounge does not have terrace overlooking the promenade, it is on deck 14 and the outdoor area overlooks the sports court (unless they moved it in the past year)

Freedom class diamond lounge does not have terrace overlooking the promenade, it is on deck 14 and the outdoor area overlooks the sports court (unless they moved it in the past year)

You are right about the lounge and they have not moved it, but the area at the forward end of the Promenade is a good spot to avoid crowds and still catch the events. The side balconies just in front of the elevators on each side usually do fill up early.

I have mentioned this on other threads and it's not really a secret [indeed it's hard to avoid if you try to walk around the outside promenade] but there is an area on 4 where the walkway bow out into the open as it passes around the windows od the MDR. One of my favorite places for standing on the rail and sea watching. You are out in the wind and pretty close to the water. if you want to feel "connected" to the sea, this is about as close as you can get aboard ship. Here is a picture:

DSC00290.jpg

Edited by mjldvlks

I have mentioned this on other threads and it's not really a secret [indeed it's hard to avoid if you try to walk around the outside promenade] but there is an area on 4 where the walkway bow out into the open as it passes around the windows od the MDR. One of my favorite places for standing on the rail and sea watching. You are out in the wind and pretty close to the water. if you want to feel "connected" to the sea, this is about as close as you can get aboard ship. Here is a picture:

DSC00290.jpg

Good spot.

Also, Liberty has penguins. It will be fun to try to find them (don't cheat and do a search here).

Penguins?! You have my attention. I was happy to see penguins aboard Allure, and surprised to find they were not aboard Oasis. Are they really aboard Liberty? I hope to see them again on our upcoming Liberty cruise!!

Penguins?! You have my attention. I was happy to see penguins aboard Allure, and surprised to find they were not aboard Oasis. Are they really aboard Liberty? I hope to see them again on our upcoming Liberty cruise!!

Yes, there are penguins on Liberty.

These are good; we've never been on a ship with an accessible heli-pad. Definitely will be giving this a try.

That is a great spot on deck 4. Great picture taking there also. Also on deck 4 go to the rear of the ship and watch and hear the turbulence generated by the propellers.

Where is the access to this walkway? I can see spending some time mesmerized by the water...

These are good; we've never been on a ship with an accessible heli-pad. Definitely will be giving this a try.

Where is the access to this walkway? I can see spending some time mesmerized by the water...

This is just the continuation of the outdoor promenade on both sides aft of the aft exit outside the dining room. It is a very popular spot for photos on formal nights or when there is a nice sunset prior to late seating dining.

I use the Promenade for movement at all times of day to avoid the 'crowds' and really enjoy a ship with a full promenade.

I had my picture taken with them on formal night, everyone in tuxes. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app