upgrade to FV or C3 for $50

I am sailing on the Summit on the 16th. We are currently in a veranda stateroom. I have the chance to upgrade to a Family or a C3 for $50. The C3 is a gty and the only available C2 cabins are all obstructed view.

How obstructed is the view - cabins 8052, 8050 or 8047? I would hate to give up my veranda for an obstructed view.

The FV are aft. We have sailed aft before and thought it was fine. Is there any structure on the back of the ship that is in the way? It would be cabin 9199, 9158 or 8183.

Appreciate any advice? its our first time on Celebrity so not sure what is the best deal.

thanks. Lisa

I'm in 8047 in 4 days (yahoo!) ... The "obstruction" is that the adjacent balcony of 8045 is one of the angled out ones so it may slightly block view looking towards the bow - but it wouldn't block view straight out.

I am sailing on the Summit on the 16th. We are currently in a veranda stateroom. I have the chance to upgrade to a Family or a C3 for $50. The C3 is a gty and the only available C2 cabins are all obstructed view.

How obstructed is the view - cabins 8052, 8050 or 8047? I would hate to give up my veranda for an obstructed view.

The FV are aft. We have sailed aft before and thought it was fine. Is there any structure on the back of the ship that is in the way? It would be cabin 9199, 9158 or 8183.

Appreciate any advice? its our first time on Celebrity so not sure what is the best deal.

thanks. Lisa

Absolutely take the FV. Out of choice I would go for 8183. Those on 9 can suffer some noise from the public deck above. Be quick because they often don't stay open for long.

Phil

Those forward C3 cabins are not obstructed view as such but there is window washing hardware that hangs in the area and is sometimes objectionable. This is why those cabins are on the obstructed view list. The FV's, especially the corner ones, are very saught after. The inner 6 have huge verandas that make them equally impressive but without the 240 degree views. The FV's on the M class are some of the best non-suite cabins that you will find on any ship of any company. People wait for them to be opened to couples and they aresnapped up quickly. Take the FV for $50 more and feel very lucky!!!!

Was able to get 8183 for only $40!

Thanks so much for all the great comments and advice.

Really appreciate it.

Hi Thefamilycruisers,

I'm late to this thread, but my recommendation was the same as everyone else's, and going for 8183. Glad you were able to get it. For $40, that's a heck of a deal. You will love it !

Enjoy your Cruise !

It was a simple process.

We booked in June and got a really good deal. Since then the price has been going up and down but never down to where we booked.

I check prices often and last night noticed a price drop of $100 less than what we paid. Since it was after final payment I knew I would not get money back so I checked other categories for deals. They had released the FV for $50 more and C3 gty was available too.

At one point the price for the FV was the same as my current cabin but I couldn't get in touch with the TA fast enough. When I connected with her the price was $40 more for the FV so I am happy.

The prices are changing al the time so I just check as often as I can.

It was a simple process.

We booked in June and got a really good deal. Since then the price has been going up and down but never down to where we booked.

I check prices often and last night noticed a price drop of $100 less than what we paid. Since it was after final payment I knew I would not get money back so I checked other categories for deals. They had released the FV for $50 more and C3 gty was available too.

At one point the price for the FV was the same as my current cabin but I couldn't get in touch with the TA fast enough. When I connected with her the price was $40 more for the FV so I am happy.

The prices are changing al the time so I just check as often as I can.

Gotcha. We did the same thing in 2011--I happened to see the FV on Solstice for about $100 more than our guarantee balcony (which had not been assigned and could have been fully obstructed). I couldn't jump on it fast enough!!! That special lasted about 36 hours. And as it turned out, since we had the two bedrooms, my DD and her BF flew all the way from Australia to Barcelona to meet us and join us on the cruise!!

Have a wonderful time in your huge new stateroom!!

Archived