How to use NC

We have a sailing picked out that we want to book, but it is not assigned to a travel agent and we want to use a TA for this cruise. How do I go about it? Book the sailing and then transfer it, transfer the NC to the agent, or can I just give my travel agent the booking number and have them handle it?

We have a sailing picked out that we want to book, but it is not assigned to a travel agent and we want to use a TA for this cruise. How do I go about it? Book the sailing and then transfer it, transfer the NC to the agent, or can I just give my travel agent the booking number and have them handle it?

If you own the NC, then you must book the cruise. You then have 60 days to transfer it to the travel agent.

I should also say you can transfer the unassigned NC, but I've found it easier to transfer a specific booking as opposed to an NC.

If you own the NC, then you must book the cruise. You then have 60 days to transfer it to the travel agent.

I should also say you can transfer the unassigned NC, but I've found it easier to transfer a specific booking as opposed to an NC.

That's what I thought, thank you!

I had an open NC certificate that I used for cruise on the Freedom that I leave on in about two weeks. I used an online TA to book it. I have them them the number and they emailed me the transfer form. I filled it out and emailed it back to them. They handled everything for me. It was really easy. This was the first time that I have used a TA and got free grats, and specialty dining for two.

I had an open NC certificate that I used for cruise on the Freedom that I leave on in about two weeks. I used an online TA to book it. I have them them the number and they emailed me the transfer form. I filled it out and emailed it back to them. They handled everything for me. It was really easy. This was the first time that I have used a TA and got free grats, and specialty dining for two.

Yes, it is supposed to be this simple.

However, I will share my current experience that I am going through between RCI and my TA with my 2 NC certificates for those that purchase more than one during one cruise. Save yourself the frustration and learn my lesson.

I took a cruise one year ago on the Majesty. I purchased two NC from the loyalty ambassador. These showed up in my cabin later. I quickly looked at them to make sure there were two certs. Yep, there were two different certs with different serial numbers. After, I came home from the cruise, I stored these in a drawer for a year.

So, this past late January I applied one to a FOS cruise that I booked for myself, hubby and my two kids in two cabins.

Then, about two weeks ago my sisters and my brother decided we would gift my Mother with a cruise for Mother's Day and for her early 65th birthday.

Well, great, I could use up my second NC cert. and get $100 OBC, too. And use a TA for the first time to get some extra obc, speciality meals, gratuities and goodies for the cruise. We decided on the Oasis for her.

I gave my TA my second booking ID number with the transfer form. Two days later, the TA calls me to let me know that the number I gave her was applied already to a previous cruise. WHAT? Totally confused and I started thinking I gave her the same booking ID number accidentally as the first NC. Luckily, I photocopied my first NC before I mailed it to RCI.

I compared the two. I had two certs with two different serial numbers, but the Loyality Ambassador put the same booking number ID on both certs. I never noticed this since the certs were consecutive. I did not realize that the booking numbers were identical since I figured these would have been consecutive numbers as well.

Well, I call RCI to clear up the problem. They said that it was too late. Sorry, that was not acceptable answer to me. They looked up my NC booing Id's and did see that there were two purchased with two completely different numbers. The CS gave me the correct number. However, the CS told me that the TA owned my FOS booking now. WHAT!!!! Yes, it was transferred. I was on the phone with the TA she did not mention this to me!

I was furious!!!!! It was not completely my fault this happened. It was a mistake on the LA incorrectly giving me the wrong numbers. That was not the only problem. My kids cabins are still booked under RCI and our cabin is with the TA. It's a nice mess and is still not cleared up after almost 7 days. AND! I can not seem to view my reservation for the Oasis cruise at all to book shows or restaurants.

So, check your booking ID when getting more than one NC on your next cruise. Secondly, getting extras from a TA in my situation was so not worth it. I'm sticking with RC when I book. The TA takes 24 + to respond to emails or phone calls.

Archived