Hmmm...can't decide...need advice!!

mandm97

My DH and I will be on the Splendor in April to Bermuda. We are currently booked in a inside cabin on the 8th deck-midship (veranda deck...I believe). There has been a price drop for ocean view but appears to be on the lowest deck. Is it worth changing rooms for ocean view on a lower deck? The price difference for the cabin would be 10.00 pp then what we paid. Also the port taxes have appeared to increase. As much as I would like the ocean view....I'm thinking once we are docked in Bermuda we will be looking at the pier?? Looking forward to April as we just got 20 inches of snow yesterday in CT.

You must be in the Eastern part of the state:p

I think we got maybe 6, and we are just outside of Hartford.

I can't answer your question, but hope you have a GREAT cruise to Bermuda. We are heading to the E. Caribbean at the same time:D:D

You'll get differing opinions I'm sure, but I would always take an ocean view over an inside cabin. I love having the natural light coming into the cabin and being able to see outside. Just looking out at the ocean while we're sailing is a real bonus to me. I have been on the lower decks and have no problem with them whatsoever.

My DH and I will be on the Splendor in April to Bermuda. We are currently booked in a inside cabin on the 8th deck-midship (veranda deck...I believe). There has been a price drop for ocean view but appears to be on the lowest deck. Is it worth changing rooms for ocean view on a lower deck? The price difference for the cabin would be 10.00 pp then what we paid. Also the port taxes have appeared to increase. As much as I would like the ocean view....I'm thinking once we are docked in Bermuda we will be looking at the pier?? Looking forward to April as we just got 20 inches of snow yesterday in CT.

If it was my cruise, I would take it. I prefer the Ocean View and larger cabin. I don't really care as much about what deck I'm on since you end up traveling all over the ship anyway. That's just my opinion.

As much as I would like the ocean view....I'm thinking once we are docked in Bermuda we will be looking at the pier??

Ask yourself the question: "Will I be laying in bed all day long looking out the window (at the dock), when I am on holiday at an exotic location like Bermuda, with a huge ship to explore, and lots of fun things to do in the port (other than laying in bed all day long looking out the window at the dock)?"

Is the price $10 pp, or $10 pp per day? Just check that out carefully. (I would go OV any day).

I'm one of those few who actually prefers interior.... I can sleep better with the darkness and every time I've paid extra for OV or Balcony I've felt like I've needed to spend time in the cabin to get my money's worth. That being said, the OV rooms seem so much bigger with the natural light. I still prefer rooms closest to the stairs/elevator more than anything else.

For me whether there is a window or not doesn't matter as much as the location of the room. I've found I prefer a room closer to the pool on a cruise with sea days since I like to spend time at the pool. On a port intensive or cooler weather cruise I prefer my room on a lower deck for easier on and off the ship and easy access to evening entertainment.

On this ship, insides are 185 sq ft and oceanviews are 200 sq ft. So you are also getting more space, as well as a sitting area with a sofa and a coffee table. The inside cabins don't have any of that.

I would switch to the OV in a heartbeat.

INSIDE:

cq_interior_lg.jpg

OCEANVIEW:

1327308384.jpg

It's all going to come down to personal preference, as the price isn't really a factor in this case.

Inside, but closer to Lido = no elevator wait time if you want to use the stairs

Or

A room with a view (and more room) + elevator wait time to get anywhere.

The location of the room itself might also play a factor in your decision.

I will choose an OV over an interior anyway, regardless of location, higher/lower, aft/mid/forward, doesn't matter. I love being able to see out (even better is being able to GO out on my own balcony!).

Lower doesn't mean you have to take the elevator anywhere. When going to the dining room, theater, and getting on and off at the ports you will be able to use the stairs and no waiting for an elevator. Sometimes the wait for an elevator is long when everyone is coming back from a port. It was nice to just go up 1 or 2 flights of stairs and be on your deck. There are advantages to the different locations.

Sharon

I'd probably switch for that price. But I do like being close to lido we had an aft wraparound balcony suite (thanks to the automatic free upgrade fairy) once and it was just a walk up the stairs to breakfast which was nice. But we've done a few insides since and I also really like the darkness lol.

I generally don't get seasick but this cruise will be taking you into the Atlantic to Bermuda. Those waters can be rough, I know, I've done it a couple of times. If you or your mate are at all prone to seasickness I'd recommend a lower cabin where there is much less motion.

Once you are in Bermuda I doubt you would be spending any time on the Lido deck so being close to that is not even an issue, IMHO. A lower cabin will also get you closer to debarking and not having to deal with lots of stairs or elevators.

Make sure to be out on deck when the ship is approaching Bermuda. It is an absolutely beautiful archipelago of islands with gorgeous waters. Have fun, I LOVE Bermuda.

We haven't decided yet about rebooking to an ocean view. In looking more closely...it will be an extra 200.00 with the increase of port taxes! Think I will wait a bit....maybe hold out for a balcony!! All the advise is greatly appreciated!:D

Archived