Have you ever met someone famous on a cruise?

golf43

Max Friedman, the famous avant garde artist. He actually conducted the art auction and gave away autographed lithographs of "Pigs Can Fly - An Impressionistic Study of the Aerodynamics of Heavier than Air Flight in 3-D Perspective." We had it framed and it sits above our living room air conditioner.

About 10 years ago I was a guest on the Leeza Show. Not once, but twice. The second time we were on the show, Leeza walked by our dressing room and stopped in, sat down and talked to us for about 20 minutes. She is a great person, and she is normal just like everyone else. Thats my only claim to fame.

I just have to know....WHY were you a guest on the Leeza show???

Well, I am a hairdresser and my co-worker and I suspected that a particular customer had stole something from us, so we caught her doing it again and Leeza had a show called Caught a crime on video tape. It was great all expenses for 4 days in LA. Plus $50 a day to spend. Second time, my friend went with us and she saw her self in the audience and went on a diet and lost 100 lbs. that show was how has Leeza changed your life. Anothe rtrip to LA. This time just 3 days. Darn !!!!! Now like I said "That's my claim to fame"

• 2 months later...

I was on a cruise when Charlie Pride was the entertainment headliner. It was neat. He was all over the ship, just like the rest of us. In May I saw Richard Dreyful on the QM2 crossing to Southampton. They showed his films throughout the trip and had an afternoon interview in the showroom with him. It was interesting that the interview turned quite political. . .

On our last cruise on the Sun Princess in '03 we sat at the same table as an actor named Jerry Houser. He played "Oscy" in a movie called "Summer of '42". Does anyone remember it? Came out in 1971. Gary Grimes played "Hermie", the boy who had a crush on actress Jennifer O'Neill.

Anyway, Jerry Houser also played Marcia Brady's husband in the Brady Brides on tv. He also does a lot of voice-overs for cartoons, etc. He and his family were at our table with some neighbors and their son. Nice guy.

Years ago I was on a cruise and met a baseball player who had his family with him. He and his family were really nice.

Thats the only time we met someone famous.

Maybe Hilary Swank?

Maybe someone here can help me out. We were at Razoo's on Bourbon Street a few months ago and there was a girl there with an entourage.(ie: bodyguards,friends etc.) Haven't yet identified her. Anyone? The one in the tan jacket...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/335414197/368663511LqgDnd

Back in 1982 Sam Elliott was in our town making a movie with Tom Selleck. It was called Shadow Riders based on a book by Louis L'Amour. Anyway, I heard the film crew was staying at the local Holiday Inn. So, one day after work I picked up my 6 year old twin girls and we kind of hung out in the back parking lot area of the hotel close to the prop truck. We were sitting on the curb just kind of watching the activities, when all of a sudden I looked up at a motel annex of the hotel and there walking along the outside corridor was Sam Elliott! He came down the stairs and proceeded to stroll back and forth in front of us. He would look over with kind of a coy smile and then we would continue to pace back and forth. I just sat there and pretended not to be thrilled. He was wearing a pair of shorts and sandals. No shirt. Finally, he stopped and I started to ask: "Are you....?" Before I could finish, he said "Yep". I then went on and told him that I had recently been watching a "low budget" movie of his late at night on tv called "Lifeguard". He laughed and said, "Heyyyy...that was one of my favorite movies!" Oops. :rolleyes: Anyway, I asked him if Katherine (Ross) would be coming to town. She was then his girlfriend. He said yes in a day or so. We both also laughed because so many people had hoped to see Tom Selleck, but he wasn't in any scenes in our area, so wasn't anywhere around. No problem! I would much rather have seen Sam Elliott!

I am so proud that I didn't gush and ask for his autograph. I just treated him like a normal guy. In fact, I was almost tempted to ask if he and Katherine wanted to come to our house for dinner. But, I wasn't brave enough to ask! :D

Last August, on The Conquest, we met Sam Elliot and his family. He's been in several westerns on TV and in the movies. He had a great supporting part in The Big Lebowski.

They were on there celebrating his 60th birthday; and for 60 he's really well muscled and obviously keeps in shape.

Mrs. B thought he looked familiar. "Dosen't he live in near us?" "No dear, that's Sam Elliot". "Who?"

DH and I were on The Radiance of the Seas in April. John Davidson was also the headliner. I was aware of this coming on the ship, and was only moderately looking forward to his act, as I had gone to his website and wasn't impressed. Ended up missing it, but was told aweful stories how he was laying on the stage and making a fool of himself. People were up and walking out without even trying to "sneak!" :eek:

But prior to his show, DH and I were going to see the comedian. For whatever reason, we ended up at the theater a bit early. Who is standing in the back? John Davidson in the flesh. He pretty much looks the same as he did in his gameshow-hosting days. WE walked in and he struck up a conversation. We politely exchanged pleasantries while we picked where in the empty theater we wanted to sit. He told us, "oh... you want to sit right up front! This show will be good!" We thanked him and proceeded to seats in the mid-to-back of the theater, as is normal for us. I said to DH "you know who that is, right?" and he said, unsure ... "The comedian?" I had to laugh, as JD definitely thought he was "ALL THAT!" :D

I have to agree... can you say "HAS BEEN?"

A~:)

• 8 years later...

In the mid 1980's we were on a cruise in Greece on the Stella Solaris and had dinner with Newt Gingrich and his wife (his invitation) along with 2 other American couples...my GF and I were the only African Americans on the ship...we spent the entire evening discussing Greek mythology and never once discussed politics in the US...the ship's photographer took a nice picture of the 8 of us, which I placed in a beautiful frame that I purchased in Santorini ...when my friends come to visit the picture is quite a conversation topic

On the full charter Jazz Cruises, I have met many of my music idols...they have all been very nice and their is an unsritten understanding that when they are with their families or eating, everyone respects their privacy

Does Elvis count?;) He was on one of our cruises, dressed the part day and night, performed in the passenger talent show and was terrible!

Other than that, we were on a shuttle bus to the port with Adam West (TV Batman), but never saw him on the ship. Recognized him primarily by the voice. Also, in Kauai, we saw Art Linkletter sitting on a bench just outside the ship as we walked to the big hotel next to the pier. He looked like he was just waiting for someone to recognize him, but we didn't approach. By the time we were heading back to the ship, he was surrounded by a crowd.

Edited by Kartgv

Art Linkletter sitting on a bench just outside the ship as we walked to the big hotel next to the pier. He looked like he was just waiting for someone to recognize him, but we didn't approach. By the time we were heading back to the ship, he was surrounded by a crowd.

I was there, Art paid us $40 per person for ten minutes to act excited to see him. It helped kill some time waiting for our tour guide to show up for our excursion.

Was on a cruise with Regis and his wife while they were on vacation. Even got in the elevator with him once. Of coarse they "forced" him into doing a stage appearance probably in exchange for his free cruise in the Penthouse. Also was on one with Johnny Winter the rock and roll guitarist. He stood out but many didn't know who he was.

DH sat with him on a flight...yes, he does stand out. :)

Joe Pesci was on one of our cruises (1990's)....he lost a lot of $$$$ at the craps table.