Dawn, Where's the best coffee?

frediver

Is the coffee bar in the atrium the one that has an upcharge for specialty coffee? We sailed the Star last spring and couldn't get a decent cup of coffee anywhere...hoping for better on the Dawn but not too hopeful...it won't ruin our trip though. Best coffee we've had was in Alaska on the Pearl.

Does the Dawn offer a Coffee and Pastry bar?

Where do they have the best coffee?

Unless you like lightly flavored water, the only place to get good coffee is at the Coffee bar which costs extra. Am not sure what NCL's aversion to good coffee is, but am pretty sure that the lower throw-weights they use cost less! It's too bad - there ought to be a couple of places where one could get good coffee.

Does the Dawn offer a Coffee and Pastry bar?

Where do they have the best coffee?

As mentioned, there is a coffee bar in the atrium that has pastries, complimentary if you get a coffee. They do set up a self-serve coffee pot next to it for free regular coffee. The free coffee was hit or miss, depending how long it sat there. The fee coffees were a little pricey, but good.

When the ship dock's in Boston go across the street to DUNKIN DONUTS .:);)

where is the closest dunks? i've never noticed one in the area but we've been in get in/out mode and not looking anytime we're near the port.

where is the closest dunks? i've never noticed one in the area but we've been in get in/out mode and not looking anytime we're near the port.

Next to the Parkin garage . ya can see it from the bow of the ship.:) She Always ports bow in and backs out of the channel .;)

I usually stay in an ocean view cabin and if there is none there. I ask my cabin steward for the four cup electric coffee maker. If you don't get one, then you complain directly to the HD and mention you are a CC member. You will certainly get it fast. Don't use their coffee supplied with it, it is worse than terrible. Make my own coffee each morning and I like it strong. Make sure you bring 4 cup filters. I heard that at the French restaurant and Cagneys, they serve French press coffee. I have read that a CC member was going to bring his own French press and coffee and get hot water from room service. Good luck.

I usually stay in an ocean view cabin and if there is none there. I ask my cabin steward for the four cup electric coffee maker. If you don't get one, then you complain directly to the HD and mention you are a CC member. You will certainly get it fast. Don't use their coffee supplied with it, it is worse than terrible. Make my own coffee each morning and I like it strong. Make sure you bring 4 cup filters. I heard that at the French restaurant and Cagneys, they serve French press coffee. I have read that a CC member was going to bring his own French press and coffee and get hot water from room service. Good luck.

I agree. I brought my favorite coffee and 4-cup filters. Great coffee just the way I like it. The little coffee makers in the cabins work great! :D

Why do I need to bring my own filters, I thought the setup's were replaced daily?

If I bring filters then I'm guessing I need ground coffee as well. What does the steward

actually supply?

If one supplied coffee filter pack supplied by NCL is dreck, then doubling it means you get double dreck. It is still swill. It was so bad that I'd rather drink the coffee in the buffet and MDR. Bland taste was better than a bad, burnt coffee taste.

That kind of makes sense if it really is bad coffee, more often than not I have found that

ships std. coffee is just weak. I guess we will pack some of our own for back-up.

Pondered over giving this secret away, but since we won't be on the Dawn anytime soon (others booked) in the way Back of the Buffet there are coffee machines that have coffee beans on top, self serve, much better than what is served from the coffee dispensers, worth the little line up, and no extra charge.

When the ship dock's in Boston go across the street to DUNKIN DONUTS .:);)

LOL your kidding , Right???

It must be an East Coast thing.

I about died when I stopped at a dunkin, ordered coffee and they asked me how I wanted

it, how many sugars etc. I thought they could not be serious but they were!

LOL your kidding , Right???

It must be an East Coast thing.

I about died when I stopped at a dunkin, ordered coffee and they asked me how I wanted

it, how many sugars etc. I thought they could not be serious but they were!

Large regula wit a Boston Cream donut.:D:D:)

I like the French press coffee they serve at Cagney's for breakfast. At home, I use a French press. Once you try it, Mr. Coffee will end up in a donation at the Salvation Army or St. Vincent De Paul.

Archived