Let's Play A Game - Where's This Ship?

GuinnessGal

I'm finally home to play! Ok, here come some of my photos!!

This first one is hard...I'll only give the hint that it's the Celebrity Reflection.

Another randomly hard one:

Ephesus+345.jpg

Kusadasi ?

I remember sitting at a Starbucks right off the ship...just before we re-boarded...having a quad shot, iced venti mocha !!

WOW! You win! It was Ephesus, Turkey (close enough lol)

I took the shot because I thought it was so insane that there was a starbucks all the way over there LOL

I know Petros well....but will let someone else..(who Loves this port:D) answer this one !!;)

Woody

Doesn't it make you feel, well, privileged/honored/blessed to know this random information? It means you have been fortunate enough to travel! I know I love it when I recognize places so far from home, it amazes me.

I took the shot because I thought it was so insane that there was a starbucks all the way over there LOL

There was also a LOFT outlet Somewhere between Kusadasi and Ephesus :D I wanted to stop so bad. I don't really remember the Starbucks though.

Doesn't it make you feel, well, privileged/honored/blessed to know this random information? It means you have been fortunate enough to travel! I know I love it when I recognize places so far from home, it amazes me.

I have felt privileged/honored/blessed from the moment my parents moved our family to the Philippines when I was 7 years old...and we started traveling and discovering the different cultures/customs/peoples of the world...I have continued to travel as much as possible ever since...and find joy in every new...or re-visited place I go ! :)

There was also a LOFT outlet Somewhere between Kusadasi and Ephesus :D I wanted to stop so bad. I don't really remember the Starbucks though.

Didn't see the LOFT...but we stopped at the Starbucks before re-boarding...and it was packed with crew on their laptops/phones etc...and the local Turkish cat who befriended us as soon as we sat down, and was soon asleep on our laps on a sunny afternoon !!:D

This is getting a little confusing, but if you claim the ship is in Ephesus, that is not correct. The port is Kusadasi. [but maybe I'm lost in who's quoting who]

Thom

Didn't see the LOFT...but we stopped at the Starbucks before re-boarding...and it was packed with crew on their laptops/phones etc...and the local Turkish cat who befriended us as soon as we sat down, and was soon asleep on our laps on a sunny afternoon !!:D

We got waylaid by a candy store, maybe thats how I missed the Starbucks:p I loved how the Turks take such good care of their animals:)

Willemstad, Curacao. I can see the Queen Juliana Bridge in the background
Yes, that was a dead giveaway for those who have been there!
What gave it away to me was the dutch style building slightly up the hill at the aft of the ship. In the late eighties this was a cheap (US$15/night) hotel. I spent eight nights in the left most balcony room l, and spent lots of time reading on the balcony looking over St. Anna Bay. The most interesting part that of the dozen occupants of the hotel, ten were VERY pregnant - apparently a way station for women giving up children for adoption.

Thom

What gave it away to me was the dutch style building slightly up the hill at the aft of the ship. In the late eighties this was a cheap (US$15/night) hotel. I spent eight nights in the left most balcony room l, and spent lots of time reading on the balcony looking over St. Anna Bay. The most interesting part that of the dozen occupants of the hotel, ten were VERY pregnant - apparently a way station for women giving up children for adoption.

Thom

Yes, that was a clue as well. How interesting that you stayed in that exact hotel! Love that port. Have been twice now, once docked inside the floating bridge and once docked outside. Much more fun to be docked inside.

P.S. I had a shipboard romance with a Thom once upon a time in the Med.

Archived