Let's Play A Game - Where's This Ship?

GuinnessGal

This is getting a little confusing, but if you claim the ship is in Ephesus, that is not correct. The port is Kusadasi. [but maybe I'm lost in who's quoting who]

Thom

I could be the one confused as we ported in one town by my excursion is in the other...let me check the picture......

Hmm i dont know, I wrote on the picture that it was docked in Ephesus, Turkey. People always seemed to refer to Ephesus and Kusadasi as one in the same though.

Yes, that was a clue as well. How interesting that you stayed in that exact hotel! Love that port. Have been twice now, once docked inside the floating bridge and once docked outside. Much more fun to be docked inside.

P.S. I had a shipboard romance with a Thom once upon a time in the Med.

Ahh, a lucky Thom. Unfortunately that pleasure was not enjoyed by me.

I could be the one confused as we ported in one town by my excursion is in the other...let me check the picture......

Hmm i dont know, I wrote on the picture that it was docked in Ephesus, Turkey. People always seemed to refer to Ephesus and Kusadasi as one in the same though.

Kusadasi is the port. Ephesus is 18 kilometers away. It is presumed that Ephesus was founded on the coast, but due to silting it is now 8 kilometers from the sea. For those of have not made the connection the Biblical "Letters to the Ephesians" was written to people who lived in Ephesus.

Thom

Amsterdam? Thom

Thom,

Thanks for guessing correctly as I've been trying to remember where it was. I could picture myself being there, but just couldn't recall which port it was (it was driving me mad) :o.

How about this one.

image_zps381be895.jpg

Or this one?

image_zps568be9d4.jpg

Archived