Just Off the Zuiderdam

Lilycat2010

I published a review out there. Will be happy to answer any questions! It was a great cruise.

No questions but I am glad to hear good words about the Zuiderdam and am glad you enjoyed the cruise and stops.

Sorry to learn US immigration is using "cut backs" as an excuse to punish the public with intentional delays. They need to re- concentrate on their primary mission and provide 100% more efficient service delivery with the sufficient level of tax and fee revenues they are already getting.

We were on the same cruise and can echo Lilycat's comments. We didn't have any toilet issues but the ladies room outside the theatre did and the Pizza Bar flooded one night. There did seem to be a lot of water drips in several common areas of the ship and we saw fans set up near the elevators on Deck 3 late one night.

We had an awesome time and were only disappointed with the disembarkation chaos at each of the ports. Much of the chaos can be attributed to passengers not following instructions but HAL did not seemed prepared for such an event.

Ft Lauderdale is another story. One of the ladies marshaling us through was telling everyone it was Obama's fault.

Thanks to Lilycat and Kazu for the nice review and quick link. Glad to hear that most problems that provoked complaints from earlier cruisers seem to have been resolved. We'll be sailing her in a few weeks. This will be our first HAL cruise and we're really looking forward to it. Happy future cruising!

Thank you for your review. We are leaving on a Panama Canal 10 cruise on the Zuiderdam in October 2013 and have read a lot of negative reviews from a cruise in December last year. Only ever cruised HAL once before and never had any problems. Great to hear things are good on the Zuiderdam.

We were on the same cruise and can echo Lilycat's comments. We didn't have any toilet issues but the ladies room outside the theatre did and the Pizza Bar flooded one night. There did seem to be a lot of water drips in several common areas of the ship and we saw fans set up near the elevators on Deck 3 late one night.

We had an awesome time and were only disappointed with the disembarkation chaos at each of the ports. Much of the chaos can be attributed to passengers not following instructions but HAL did not seemed prepared for such an event.

Ft Lauderdale is another story. One of the ladies marshaling us through was telling everyone it was Obama's fault.

:D I have a question about the local guides that you had....did you just randomly pick them off the street?? Do you remember their names?? We are going in April. Thanks

Hi Pepsigirl,

I used a combo of Cruise Critic boards and Tripadvisor to find the guides. I used Marelvy Pena in Cartagena, and I went through Tortuguero Wildlife in Costa Rica. Tony was our private guide in Puerto Limon.

Here are links to their websites:

http://tortuguero-wildlife.com/en/tortuguero-wildlife-tours.htm

http://tourincartagena.com/index.htm

Very pleased with both! Enjoy!

Archived