Fcc ??? FCD?

alwaysfrantic

I have seen Future Cruise Credit mentioned here so many times. What is it, exactly? While onboard the booking office offered a reduced deposit and a credit to book another trip onboard. We were told if we had to change the dates, no problem, just call. They would keep doing that for 4 years. Is THAT the FCD? FCC? It was not offered to buy pay a deposit but not pick a specific trip.

FCC is the Future Cruise Consultant. When you book a future cruise with the FCC, you will receive on-board credits on that future cruise.

You may change your mind and cancel the cruise, and use the FCD later.

You may also purchase an FCD---Future Cruise Deposit, which is money down as deposit for a cruise to be determined later. On this board, that is frequently, erroneously, referred to as a "FCC". Those same on-board credits will apply, btw.

That FCD has to be used within 4 years, or the money is refunded.

One could also have a real FCC---Future Cruise Credit, as an incentive to return to HAL after something went wrong on a prior cruise. That would also be an on-board credit to be used on a future cruise.

Too much alphabet soup! Usually you will have to put the letters used in a context of the rest of the post. Sometimes that means going back and rereading the post once you've caught on.

But I hope the explanations I wrote are helpful.

So I could have said I'd like to take a couple of cruises in the next few years, but no idea where or when, and they would have taken a deposit to nowhere?? That was never offered as an option. Only to book an actual cruise, put down a $250 PP deposit and get the $100 credit....date can be changed any number of times over the 4 years.

• 1 month later...

Okay I am still trying to understand this :confused:

OBC= On board credit. Credit to your account onboard. (Money to be spent on board)

FCD= Future cruise deposit. Deposit put down while on a cruise for a cruise in the next four years.

FCC= Future cruise credit... this is where I get blurry. From what I've read I cannot figure out of this is a future ONBOARD credit or a future BOOKING credit?

OBC= On board credit. Credit to your account onboard. (Money to be spent on board)

FCD= Future cruise deposit. Deposit put down while on a cruise for a cruise in the next four years.

FCC= Future cruise credit... this is where I get blurry. From what I've read I cannot figure out of this is a future ONBOARD credit or a future BOOKING credit?

To further muddy the waters ... FCC also means Future Cruise Consultant ... the onboard agent who books your FC and collects the FCD.:eek:

Cheers!

My underline...

FCC = Future Cruise Consultant

The person on board the ship during your cruise who sells the future cruises or the future cruise deposits. (FCD's)

Archived