Wine & Dine Pkg RATINGS!

KGSB11

Whoops you are right; must be my lack of typing skills:rolleyes:

or at least thats my excuse

l just found in my papers the flyer sent to me on the package pricing and it quotes for 5 - $165 (200 value)

7 - $220 (280 value)

10 - $300 (400 value)

12 - $335 (480 value)

So I guess I got a better deal that the TA's flyer . Sure glad I purchase an extra 10! ha ha No way 5 bottles will get 2 people through 9 nights (we don't drink hard alcohol; thats my reasoning and I'm sticking to it:D

Thanks. The pricing that I highlighted is consistent with what I had in my notes for the current pricing.

• 3 weeks later...
My only comment is that I still don't know if the Mondavi Cab is Solaire or not. Have not gotten any feedback from anyone using the new package yet.

I forgot to mention that during my last cruise, I asked the waiter whether the Cabernet was "Solaire". We didn't look at a bottle, but we did compare it to the regular wine menu and it's not listed as "Solaire" there either, so it does seem to be the non-Solaire version that's in the Wine & Dine package.

Of course, it's possible that the ship carries both, one for Wine & Dine and one for the regular wine menu, but I highly doubt that as there would likely be confusion between the two.

Many "thanks" and "your welcomes" to those above.

I figured it was the least I could do with all the information that I have used which others have taken the time to post (reviews, compasses, planning guides, etc). My first small contribution to the CC community; maybe even one day put one together for all wines available onboard :eek:

I hope to update it at minimum once a year to reflect new vintages that are released...until I hear otherwise, I am assuming that RCI is using the most recent vintage of the wine, as I'm sure they purchase as needed and don't have some super secret massive RCI Wine Cellar --- Oh the glory it would be if there was one :D

Who told you about the RCI Wine Cellar?!! I mean.... thank you for your chart. :D

I forgot to mention that during my last cruise, I asked the waiter whether the Cabernet was "Solaire". We didn't look at a bottle, but we did compare it to the regular wine menu and it's not listed as "Solaire" there either, so it does seem to be the non-Solaire version that's in the Wine & Dine package.

Of course, it's possible that the ship carries both, one for Wine & Dine and one for the regular wine menu, but I highly doubt that as there would likely be confusion between the two.

That would be great, because it would be about a $20 per bottle savings over buying singly. I'd be buying the package for sure.

Thank-you very much for this. Must have been a lot of work putting it together.

My only comment is that I still don't know if the Mondavi Cab is Solaire or not. Have not gotten any feedback from anyone using the new package yet.

We were on Explorer (15-24 March) and had the

"new" Wine & Dine Package. The Mondavi Cab was not "Solaire" but the "Napa" (with which we were very pleased). :) We were a bit concerned when it was "not available" the first night. The new inventory that came on in Bayonne wasn't available until the second night.

Looking forward to having some more when we re-board this week-end. :cool:

Ray in NH

That's odd. Our October Legend TA still lists the the packages as 165, 220, 300, and 335. Maybe they are raising the price on Nov 1?

The reason for the "difference" might arise from the "fine print" at the bottom of the Wine & Dine Brochure. It states that the listed price may/may not be inclusine of the "service charge", depending upon itinerary.

The $165.00 becomes $189.75, with adding the 15% (rounded to $190.00).

Just one man's guess. :confused:

Ray in NH

That would be great, because it would be about a $20 per bottle savings over buying singly. I'd be buying the package for sure.

I too would take this as good cause to buy the package!

So I see mention of the gratuities and that has me confused. For our Nov 2013 Legend cruise I purchased the Wine and Dine Platinum 7 Bottle package for $250. All they charged me was the $250, they did not add anything in for gratuities. Was that something I should have done? The price was higher than you mentioned here ($250 instead of $220). Are they now adding the gratuities in and just not mentioning it? That doesn't really make sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

• 6 months later...

Just curious, has anyone tried the Spy Valley Pinot Noir that is on the wine package list? I saw it the other day at our local wine store ($30 a bottle). I like a pinot noir now an then and thought it would be a nice change up part way through our Legend Panama cruise. Love to hear what anyone thought.

thanks

Bill

On our upcoming November Legend cruise the price has raise.

QTY Price

5 bottles *190.00 USD

7 bottles *250.00 USD

10 bottles *345.00 USD

12 bottles *385.00 USD

When they add the gratuity it is $218.50 for the five bottles.

Bill

Our cruise in October has these prices as well. Just when I was thinking we were getting a good deal :rolleyes:

for a Nov 3rd Med cruise

Available Packages

Package Price

5 bottles *190.00 USD

7 bottles *250.00 USD

10 bottles *345.00 USD

12 bottles *385.00 USD

A 15.0% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

This is interesting as these are the same prices as I see on US cruises, except the 15% has already been added.

I'm sure this took a considerable amount of time...thanks so much for putting it together and for so generously sharing!

Yes, thank you! Just read through and your notes are much more concise than I would have written.

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious, has anyone tried the Spy Valley Pinot Noir that is on the wine package list? I saw it the other day at our local wine store ($30 a bottle). I like a pinot noir now an then and thought it would be a nice change up part way through our Legend Panama cruise. Love to hear what anyone thought.

thanks

Bill

I've had it. Nice juice. But $30 is full price. Morover, Pinot Noir is hard to recommend since folks have such varied reactions to the myriad of different styles. I just got through judging the 2013 Sonoma County Harvest Fair. Of course we taste blind. For me the big surprise was the 2012 Sebastiani Pinot Noir (sells for $13 at the discounters). Solid pinot flavors with good depth a spice. A steal at this price (Sebastiani is now owned by Foley and this wine is a BIG jump in quality for them.

[quote name='clarea']This is interesting as these are the same prices as I see on US cruises, except the 15% has already been added.[/quote]

We were on Brilliance for the Aug 31 TA and the Sept 15 Canada/NE cruises. Wine package pricing for both cruises did not have the 15% gratuity included and the pricing for the TA was higher than for the Canada/NE.

For the TA 5 bottles was $190 plus 15% and for the Canada/NE the same 5 bottle pkg was $165 plus 15% gratuity. :confused:

Archived