Carnival Stock Closed UP today.

This webpage at The Street gives a big picture.

Seems CCL is not making much profit.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11869142/1/carnival-corporation-stock-downgraded-ccl.html?puc=CNNMONEY&cm_ven=CNNMONEY

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Of course they are making money. I did notice whoever wrote the article did so anonymously. Very brave.

When times get bad for Carnival they cut the dividend, but they are still paying, and still significantly more than RCL.

Maybe you misunderstood...I meant...you only cheerlead...you do not post anything negative like the fall of stock.

Question remains ... will you post on the fall of the stock if it should fall tomorrow.

I use to only cruise Carnival ... was what I recommended to everyone...now...if I believe what is posted by some there is no cutbacks...:rolleyes:there is a new venue for the future cruiser.

Your post is factually incorrect.

Yesterday is history

Tomorrow is a mystery

Today is a gift --- That is why it is called the present

Carnival stock gave us a two cent per share gift today-- and that is good !!

Carnival stock also gives us a present every cruise --- and that is good, too !!!

My stock long ago paid for itself. It could go to zero and I will still be ahead.

So where is CCL now? Anyone?

Down 1.76% so far, and they are bringing the entire cruise industry down with them. I bet the executives at NCL, Royal Caribbean, MSC Cruises, etc. are pretty pissed at Carnival right now. They are tarnishing the entire industry.

Down 1.76% so far, and they are bringing the entire cruise industry down with them. I bet the executives at NCL, Royal Caribbean, MSC Cruises, etc. are pretty pissed at Carnival right now. They are tarnishing the entire industry.

:)^^:)

Totally agree. Time for these companies to advertise they are not Carnival or part of Carnival.

Stocks fluctuate so no big deal. However if media scrutiny continues and Carnival has a serious injury or fatality that is perceived as being due to shoddy maintenance it's going to hurt it.

If you're thinking about buying Carnival stock and want to as cheaply as possible, now would be the time to drop a dime to CNN about Elation's or any other ships problems. Feeding frenzy reporting can drive that price down. Buy low, sell high. :D

Stocks fluctuate so no big deal. However if media scrutiny continues and Carnival has a serious injury or fatality that is perceived as being due to shoddy maintenance it's going to hurt it.

If you're thinking about buying Carnival stock and want to as cheaply as possible, now would be the time to drop a dime to CNN about Elation's or any other ships problems. Feeding frenzy reporting can drive that price down. Buy low, sell high. :D

CNN doesn't need any help !!!!:D

I don't know about CCL, but the overall market is down today. I'm surprised the stock market pundits aren't trying to blame that on Carnival. :p:p:p

And the overall market yesterday was what when you started this thread?

Sarg,

What a great deal you got! We didn't get interested in the stock until a couple of summers ago. Got it for about $28. Still a pretty good deal, that we are slowly earning back through ship credits. Eventually, ours will be paid for too!

I'm hoping the stock dips farther. i'd like to pick up another 100 in my name since the first is in my husband's name. We usually book 2 rooms for our family, so we'll put stockholder's name on both rooms.

Closed today at $34.95 down only $.78 or 2.18%. Darn, I was hoping for $30!

RCCL is down $.67 to $$33.71.

I would think lines that are not brands of CCL are reaping a windfall of Carnival cruisers "JUMPING SHIP". Granted some will not cruise at all, others will cruise with a different line.

I would think lines that are not brands of CCL are reaping a windfall of Carnival cruisers "JUMPING SHIP". Granted some will not cruise at all, others will cruise with a different line.

To a degree, but generally the cruise industry would rather not have continued safety and mechanical issues making headline news. It's bad for the entire industry. The COSTA CONCORDIA disaster hurt bookings for the entire industry, not just Costa. Potential cruisers see these headlines and book a land vacation instead.

To a degree, but generally the cruise industry would rather not have continued safety and mechanical issues making headline news. It's bad for the entire industry. The COSTA CONCORDIA disaster hurt bookings for the entire industry, not just Costa. Potential cruisers see these headlines and book a land vacation instead.

Yet cruise prices continue to rise. :cool:

Yet cruise prices continue to rise. :cool:

So you are now the expert on cruise pricing on every cruise line and every destination?

Your general statement is meaningless as you have nothing to back it up with. It seems you just say anything in defense of Carnival regardless of the circumstance.

CCL continues to significantly underperform both RCL and NCLH since their latest "misadventure."

Two factors seem to emerge...

1. The entire cruise industry has been hurt by Carnival's gaffes.

2. Carnival has been hurt more than RCL or NCL.

This is actually quite logical.

Yes, I die a little inside everytime I've checked the stock price in the last week. I've lost $600 now since I purchased a few weeks ago. Bought it at $38. At $33 now. All because I wanted the $100 obc for our April cruise. Now I'm at a net loss :(:eek:

Yes, I die a little inside everytime I've checked the stock price in the last week. I've lost $600 now since I purchased a few weeks ago. Bought it at $38. At $33 now. All because I wanted the $100 obc for our April cruise. Now I'm at a net loss :(:eek:

Keep the faith stocks should always be long term investments not a daily up/down heartburn race

Archived