Best excursion for Adventurous types?

mrak

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for excursions in Aruba for adventurous types. We wouldnt really enjoy shopping or museum tours. We would like to do something active. Thanks in advance!

Are there shopping or museum tours offered for Aruba? One could just walk off the ship and go shopping, and museum selection is pretty tiny.

Try scrolling through the first couple pages of this forum and you'll see lots of activities discussed, or go to the Aruba forum on tripadvisor.com and there will be a list of "What to do in Aruba" that you can read through.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for excursions in Aruba for adventurous types. We wouldnt really enjoy shopping or museum tours. We would like to do something active. Thanks in advance!

Check out the info on ABC and Depalm jeep tours. They are awesome. There are also good snorkeling tours available. Just look through some past threads.

• 3 weeks later...

We did ABC Jeep tours booked through the ship. It was soooo much fun!!!!

Here are a few pictures:

P1080025_zps60c2286d.jpg

P1070955_zps8c2f96c0.jpg

P1070996_zpsb4765eda.jpg

P1070976_zps98a4a702.jpg

You can read details and see many more photos of the excursion in my trip report. Aruba starts at post number 97:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1781515&highlight=mpcaruth&page=5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've been to Aruba 7 times and our all time favorite thing to do is sail and snorkel with Anthony on the Tranquilo. It's a great excursion and the maximum number of people is 18-20. If you do the all day excursion, lunch is provided, as well and drinks. You may want to check that out. He is located right downtown near the cruise ship port.

We've also done the jeep tour and it was a lot of fun but keep in mind, it can be very hot...whatever you do in Aruba, be sure to wear plenty of sunscreen...the sun is very intense, since it's near the Equator.

http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/

[url=http://www.google.com/#][/url]

Wow, the Tranquil trip sounds great. I was planning to spend time on Eagle beach but now I'm reconsidering.

Eagle Beach is wonderful...it really is but Tranquilo is such a much more fun experience...the sail back from the Lagoon is wonderful and you see all the beaches all the way back when you sail...not sure when your cruise is but typically you'll get maybe a shower in Aruba and it passes quickly.

And I will repeat...when in Aruba plaster the sunscreen on....the sun is intense...I've seen many, many nasty sunburns.

We've never cruised to Aruba....just go and plunk ourselves at a resort for a couple of weeks and enjoy it all.

If you book, tell him Nancy (getaway) sent you.;)

We'll be sailing with Captain Anthony for the 3rd time this Christmas. :) His sailboat leaves from the docks right at the marina and it is a short walk from the cruise ship. If the south side lunch snorkel cruise is not offered on a day which you are in port. Perhaps get some folks together from your roll call and do a private charter? http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/

We'll be sailing with Captain Anthony for the 3rd time this Christmas. :) His sailboat leaves from the docks right at the marina and it is a short walk from the cruise ship. If the south side lunch snorkel cruise is not offered on a day which you are in port. Perhaps get some folks together from your roll call and do a private charter? http://www.tranquiloaruba.com/

The south side lunch snorkel looks like a lot of fun! Too bad I am there on a Wed. $75 pp for 5 hour tour is a great price esp since it includes lunch, open bar, two fun looking snorkel stops, and snorkel gear. I looked at the private tour but it is $155 per hour for up to 6 guests. The South Side lunch tour looks like the better deal.

The south side lunch snorkel looks like a lot of fun! Too bad I am there on a Wed. $75 pp for 5 hour tour is a great price esp since it includes lunch, open bar, two fun looking snorkel stops, and snorkel gear. I looked at the private tour but it is $155 per hour for up to 6 guests. The South Side lunch tour looks like the better deal.

Contact Anthony...he does trips on other days....just may not be the full day.

Archived