Another wine question

Sea Legs

Can people who have recently returned tell us of their experience with the new wine policy when bringing on a case or bottles of wine on embarkation in FLL. Were they charged per bottle? Also any liquor taken away?

Ontario Cruiser

We boarded in Fort Lauderdale in January and there was no restriction. We had a box of wine in one suitcase and hand-carried two bottles.

We disembarked last weekend (16th March) and there were no restrictions in place during the cruise.

We boarded the Crown the first week of this month carrying a bag with 6 bottles of wine through security without even an eyebrow raised. We had a seventh bottle in our carryon luggage since the carrier only held 6 bottles. We enjoyed our bottle of wine every night on our balcony before dinner.

Can people who have recently returned tell us of their experience with the new wine policy when bringing on a case or bottles of wine on embarkation in FLL. Were they charged per bottle? Also any liquor taken away?

Ontario Cruiser

HI

We came off Caribbean Princess 2 weeks ago (sigh).no problem taking on wine (4 btls)and 2 -12 packs of soda on our carry on case.went thru the scanner no problem.did not take on any liquor just in case it was confiscated.

hope this helps

ashhill

So should I bring my 7 bottles of wine in my carry on or in a box to go through the hold which I had done before or will they take it away? This is for the dining room so I plan to pay corkage? We are going on the Emerald TA in April.

Ontario Cruiser:confused:

Based on other posts, you can do it either way.

Archived