Did anyone see this?

susie8862

That's just horrible and scary news. I wish them a well recovery.

I believe the Splendor is ported there Today.

I don't see Barbados in Splendor's itinerary. Am I missing something?

Also, it must not have been a Carnival ship or they surely would have posted it. I know it's not CNN, but........!

I don't see Barbados in Splendor's itinerary. Am I missing something?

Also, it must not have been a Carnival ship or they surely would have posted it. I know it's not CNN, but........!

Splendor is currently on the "around the horn" voyage which made a stop in Barbados from Brazil Today. She will not be in Barbados on her 8 day cruises when she gets to NY on Saturday.

I hear that this also happens a lot through out the world. Why post here? Was it a Carnival ship?

Really? All over the world? Are you sure?? Did someone tinkle in your cheerios today? It was simply a human interest story.

There was a shooting at Coki beach in St. Thomas a few years ago that caused the ships to discontinue excursions to that part of the island for awhile. Does anyone think the cruise lines will do anything (like skip that port) as a result of this incident?

Unfortunately, things like this happen. In the city that I live in, there was an armed robbery at a jewelry store in an indoor mall. The owner shot one of the robbers, critically inuring him. It's sad that incidents like these happen but they do. It can happen anywhere.

I think the OP's purpose of posting this is to give everyone a heads-up when in port. It shouldn't matter if it's a CCL ship or not. The incident happened when enroute back to the cruiseport area.

How many times are folks in port and so focused on looking at the sites and souvenirs that they let down their guard in relation to their personal belongings and surroundings ? It's just a normal human thing to become absorbed in the moment.

It could happen to anyone anywhere but tourists in an umfamiliar area with their guard down are prime-pickins for local criminals.

Being a victim of crime is a terrible thing but being a victim of crime in a foreign country, thousands of miles from home is two-fold. I sincerely hope that the victims will be ok and return home safely.

:)

:)

There was a shooting at Coki beach in St. Thomas a few years ago that caused the ships to discontinue excursions to that part of the island for awhile. Does anyone think the cruise lines will do anything (like skip that port) as a result of this incident?

They already did on the west coast.

Carnival no longer goes to Mazatlan because of the supposed crime there.

They already did on the west coast.

Carnival no longer goes to Mazatlan because of the supposed crime there.

There was one shooting in a tourist area in Mazatlan, no cruisers were involved, but some were very close. That pretty well did it for Mazatlan, too bad it was a terrific port. :(

Archived