Oasis D1...D8 cabins, what's the difference?

I'm looking at Oasis oceanview balcony cabins and there's so many categories that I really can't tell the difference. Room size for all of these cabins is the same. I understand that D1 cabins are on the hump, so you have a deeper balcony than normal. But D2-D8 all seem the same to me.

Originally was looking at a D1, but it seems we can save over $200 a person by going down to D8. If balcony size is not an issue, does it really matter? It gets easy to say, D7 is just $20 more, D6 is just $20 more than D7, etc. But it adds up!

So is it location (forward/aft) and deck (higher/lower) that put these cabins into different categories? This means that RCI feels that there are some locations that are more preferable than others? The D8 cabin I'm looking at is on starboard aft, right across from where the boardwalk cabins begin. Is there some big machinery or service elevator in this location that makes it undesirable? Does having cabins across the hallway from you make it louder? Thanks for the help!

You got it right, the main difference is just location on the ship.

For the D4 - D1 ( I think that's the correct range ) some can fit up to 4, while the D8 - D5 range can only hold 2. Other than that they are exactly the same, just in a different spot on the ship.

You got it right, the main difference is just location on the ship.

For the D4 - D1 ( I think that's the correct range ) some can fit up to 4, while the D8 - D5 range can only hold 2. Other than that they are exactly the same, just in a different spot on the ship.

The D1's have the large Balcony's on Oasis class.

From what I've seen, for non-hump cabins, location is the only difference. I am booked for a D8 on Allure and noticed these cabins tended to be near the elevators and stairs and other "potentially" high traffic areas. Not sure if it is really all that much louder but it seems location is the reason for price difference.

We had a D-8 on an Oasis PI and it was in a great location - it was right near a door that led out to Central Park, so very convenient to all of that activity. In spite of being on a ship full of happily tipsy TAs and VIPs, we never heard a peep.

We've booked a D-7 for next year so we can be near the CL this time. Convenient to the cappuccino!:D

We had a D-8 on an Oasis PI and it was in a great location - it was right near a door that led out to Central Park, so very convenient to all of that activity. In spite of being on a ship full of happily tipsy TAs and VIPs, we never heard a peep.

We've booked a D-7 for next year so we can be near the CL this time. Convenient to the cappuccino!:D

Thanks for the replies. Thought we wanted the D1 hump, I know that people have asked cabin stewards to put a lounger out there since the balcony is bigger, but I don't think the extra 30 square feet is that big a deal.

The D8 I'm looking at is also on deck 8, so that's great to know that you liked your location.

From what I've seen, for non-hump cabins, location is the only difference. I am booked for a D8 on Allure and noticed these cabins tended to be near the elevators and stairs and other "potentially" high traffic areas. Not sure if it is really all that much louder but it seems location is the reason for price difference.

There is no noise associated with this location. I had a D8 on Oasis, deck 6, aft. The location is great - close to the elevator/stairs. Close access to Boardwalk, Central Park, Cafe Promenade, and the Main Dining rooms as these are all close to the stairs/elevators aft.

critterchick -

And, isn't that cappuccino delicious? We were just on the Allure and that machine sure did get a workout from me! We've been on a lot of other RCL ships but the machine was never working when I went to use it. I made up for lost time this cruise.

And, I wouldn't care where my stateroom was. My legs are still working just fine to get where I want to go on a ship. We've had all kinds of cabins on a ship and there wasn't one I didn't like. The thing we always check for is to make sure there is no noisy venue below or above us. That being said, if we ever go on the Oasis or Allure again I do want to be able to see the ocean. We missed that with our CP balcony.

I've been on regular balcony cabins myself on Navigator etc. and enjoyed them. That being said, I'm looking forward to the HUMP of the Oasis, as I've booked a D1 category cabin on Deck 8 (8600) right behind Giovanni's Table. Was the price for a larger balcony worth it, well maybe not worth that big of a price increase, but worth it when you enjoy your balcony time :). Being on the Hump with a great view is a plus as is being in a central location.

We had a hump balcony on Oasis in Aug 2011. We were looking so forward to the large balcony but it was 100 degrees, so we couldn't enjoy it really. It was nice to be able to see forward and aft though!

Debinnova

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

I'm looking at Oasis oceanview balcony cabins and there's so many categories that I really can't tell the difference. Room size for all of these cabins is the same. I understand that D1 cabins are on the hump, so you have a deeper balcony than normal. But D2-D8 all seem the same to me.

Originally was looking at a D1, but it seems we can save over $200 a person by going down to D8. If balcony size is not an issue, does it really matter? It gets easy to say, D7 is just $20 more, D6 is just $20 more than D7, etc. But it adds up!

So is it location (forward/aft) and deck (higher/lower) that put these cabins into different categories? This means that RCI feels that there are some locations that are more preferable than others? The D8 cabin I'm looking at is on starboard aft, right across from where the boardwalk cabins begin. Is there some big machinery or service elevator in this location that makes it undesirable? Does having cabins across the hallway from you make it louder? Thanks for the help!

I have stayed in 6676. D8 Amazing. Location is GREAT...right near elevators/stairs. NO NOISE at all. There is a wall that separates the Boardwalk from the cabins.

There is a great coffee/donut shop only steps away (free) from your cabin . Loved this cabin and location.

There is no noise associated with this location. I had a D8 on Oasis, deck 6, aft. The location is great - close to the elevator/stairs. Close access to Boardwalk, Central Park, Cafe Promenade, and the Main Dining rooms as these are all close to the stairs/elevators aft.

This very reassuring to know. Thanks! :)

We just booked a D-8 for the Oasis. We will see how it goes. We do like being close to the elevator though, so hope that works out. Just got off the Navigator a few weeks ago and our room was nice, but we had the crew stairwell directly across from our room and on the last night, boy was it noisy with luggage going down the stairs. This continued from midnight till God knows when. The only disappointment with our room location ever!

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I'm gonna give it a shot here. I'm in a D1 and thinking about an upgrade to GS. Is it worth the 1250?

I'm not saying that the $1250 increment would not a bad price for a GS, but it would not be worth it to us. That $1250 is a good chunk of another cruise. I'd rather have two cruises than one.

We just booked a D-8 for the Oasis. We will see how it goes. We do like being close to the elevator though, so hope that works out. Just got off the Navigator a few weeks ago and our room was nice, but we had the crew stairwell directly across from our room and on the last night, boy was it noisy with luggage going down the stairs. This continued from midnight till God knows when. The only disappointment with our room location ever!

Oh no! Our D8 cabin that we have booked is just where the Boardwalk cabins begin across the hall. There is a big blank box across the hallway, I'm guessing this is the crew stairs and elevator? Hopefully not too busy during the day. I can deal with it if it's just the last night.

Still not really understanding how they determine the difference between all the D's. From what I'm reading, deck 8 is a great deck to be on because of the proximity to Central Park. I like that I can have a D8 on this deck (although it might be across from the freight elevator) and that I'm not pushed down to deck 6.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I'm gonna give it a shot here. I'm in a D1 and thinking about an upgrade to GS. Is it worth the 1250?

I think everybody needs to determine what their price point is and it's a personal decision whether or not you feel it's worth the money. It costs us $800 to move from a Boardwalk balcony to a D8. I think that's worth it. It'd be $1200 to move to a D1. That I don't think is worth it, because I don't want to spend that much for a cabin that just has a slightly bigger balcony. To go from a D1 to a grand suite? Depends how much you want it. I've never sailed in a suite and I don't think I ever will, but the pictures sure do look nice...

Archived