Itenary Change... I am so MAD!

rhinomike

I'm guessing the anger is because of private excursions. I'm sorry this is happening for you but itinerary changes happen and that's a risk when you book private excursions. I'm sorry you hate Carnival now, but I do hope you enjoy your vacation regardless.

I guess I dont understand why you are upset. You said you understand not going to Grand Turk and according to letter you are still going to the other ports even though its on different days. So what exactly is the problem? You got advanced notice which is more than others have gotten so you can still reschedule your excursions. Perhaps Im missing something, but Im really confused.

I'm confused as well...I assume you purchased excursions from a private party and not from Carnival. That is a risk you took by trying to save a few dollars. If this is not the issue then I am completely at a loss as to why you are upset by the changes.

Although it would be helpful if Carnival could post some sort of "Official" (albeit temporary) itinerary for the Eastern Caribbean, I suspect they're taking it day by day, since there's no way to predict exactly when Grand Turk will be re-opened to cruise ships. We sail in May, and we have a group booked for a tour in St. Thomas (not through Carnival though). If our itinerary gets changed around, I just hope we get a few days advanced notice so we can call the tour operator and let him know of the change. Other than that, I won't be upset with any changes. I plan on having a great time regardless.:D

Carnival and all cruise lines take care of you with your excursions if you book with them BUT if you book yourself, you and only you take the risk of a change, which happens often enough for all kinds of reasons. So, your issue is not with Carnival, but yourself.

The only thing a cruise line insures you of is a cruise,,,not the ports,,,read the fine print.....

That being said, my Mexican Rivera cruise a few years ago was a bust due to the swine flu,,,,we made it to Cabo, but couldn't get off the ship,,,went back to Long Beach then on to San Fran, where it poured the rain,,,,I wasn't upset for long,,,knowing they didn't want us off the ship due to the flu,,,,they WERE looking out for us...

SMILE,,,,,you could get off the ship at Grand Turk,,,,then get sick ....

SO ENJOY YOUR CRUISE.....

Carnival and all cruise lines take care of you with your excursions if you book with them BUT if you book yourself, you and only you take the risk of a change, which happens often enough for all kinds of reasons. So, your issue is not with Carnival, but yourself.

I'm not sure what risk there is in booking private excursions. We did all private tours on the legend. When we were notified of our itinerary change I called all the tour operators. They already knew of the change and had just moved our tour to the new day. No hassle or risk involved. Most of these tour operators pay close attention to cruise schedules and know right away when changes happen. This is their livelyhood.

I guess I dont understand why you are upset. You said you understand not going to Grand Turk and according to letter you are still going to the other ports even though its on different days. So what exactly is the problem? You got advanced notice which is more than others have gotten so you can still reschedule your excursions. Perhaps Im missing something, but Im really confused.

Presumably, the OP is upset because they changed the other days, thus screwing up he plans for private tours. I read it as them understanding missing Grand Turk, but not understanding why that required them to change the other ports of call.

We got Key West to replace Grand Turk on our Breeze cruise next week. That's good by me. I've never been there.

sadly, ports of call do not rearrange their schedules, nor do islands move around to accommodate particular individuals.

I can understand being disappointed. Having difficulty seeing how this sort of issue is so negative that i'd drop a cruise line forever.

Contact your tour vendors. They may be able to accomodate the changes. They usually keep up with what the cruise lines are doing and may be able to help.

Good luck and I hope ypu enjoy your cruise.

Most private tour operators get paid at the end of the tour. Of course they will do their best to accomodate you when this happens.

So you want them to take you to an island where their is something wrong with the water supply and people are getting sick?

What would you have them do?

Stu you missed the OP's point: he now has to rearrange all his excursions because Carnival changed the dates for the ports on the cruise. He states he has no problem with skipping GT due to the potential for illness there.

I think it is great they rearranged ports to give you more time. I think it was nice of them to take the time to do it. Your independent contractors are just thrilled your ship is coming. It is good you're letting them know of the change (didn't happen for us when we were delayed a day to Portland. They thought we just weren't coming). But they want your money and are used to adjusting. If your booked. Chances are another's are too so no big deal. Enjoy your cruise!!

I am scrambling trying to change all of my excursions and tours. I hate them right now.

That's why you should book excursions through Carnival. They take care of all that for you. (Don't ya hate when people say crap like that?)

Relax, it will be OK. You need a vacation.

That's why you should book excursions through Carnival. They take care of all that for you. (Don't ya hate when people say crap like that?)

Relax, it will be OK. You need a vacation.

You also get ripped off on many of them, if it's not a lengthy tour where there's a possibility of missing the boat. If it's just "take me to the beach", I can see why someone would want to book it themselves. Going to Universal Studios and afraid you'll get stuck in rush hour traffic? Well, then you bend over for them.

And if you break your leg, if you have insurance, there's no difference because they probably won't let you back on either way

Umm yes they do. They know when ships have rescheduled and there is usually no problem do the exact same excursion on the new day.

Port Authorities may not be able to fit in another ship on any given day. Certainly tour operators easily adjust to scheduling changes.

Isn't that an overreaction? What is so terrible that could be avoided? GT is an issue right now for all the lines. I don't know your original itinerary but what changed that has made you so mad?

They changed days for San Jusn and St Thomas. That is my issue. Why did they flop those ports around. They also changed all the times.

Archived