On The Fence About The Soda Package? Don't Be.

Where can you get drinks on the package?

Like can you get them delivered to the stateroom? Can you get them at the pubs / pizza place / dining rooms?

We are on the IOS, which does not have a freestyle machine.

Also, is still water included in the package? Does it come in bottles or by the glass?

I'm definitely bummed that the FreeStyle machines are not available on the

Liberty of the Seas!!!!!

Some thoughts come to mind...

1.) How difficult could it be to add these machines to all RCI ships? The limited roll-out over the past year is a glacial pace.

2.) These machines and kids seem to go hand-in-hand. I don't understand why they wouldn't automatically put them on all their newer/larger ships that cater to families/kids, especially the ships that have the DreamWorks experience.

3.) I'm surprised they don't charge more for the soda package on those ships where the FreeStyle machines are available. Definitely more "Bang for the Buck" when it includes the FreeStyle machines. It would be interesting to see if RCI sells less Bottled Water & Juice packages on the ships with FreeStyle, and if the Soda Package sell rate percentage is higher on those ships.

I'm definitely bummed that the FreeStyle machines are not available on the

Liberty of the Seas!!!!!

Some thoughts come to mind...

1.) How difficult could it be to add these machines to all RCI ships? The limited roll-out over the past year is a glacial pace.

2.) These machines and kids seem to go hand-in-hand. I don't understand why they wouldn't automatically put them on all their newer/larger ships that cater to families/kids, especially the ships that have the DreamWorks experience.

3.) I'm surprised they don't charge more for the soda package on those ships where the FreeStyle machines are available. Definitely more "Bang for the Buck" when it includes the FreeStyle machines. It would be interesting to see if RCI sells less Bottled Water & Juice packages on the ships with FreeStyle, and if the Soda Package sell rate percentage is higher on those ships.

It could be that Royal cannot get the refills necessary for the machines when the ships are out of the US, so they have limited them to ships that are in the US year round.

This is our first cruise and although super excited feeling a bit lost. How does a person buy the soda package? Does it have to be purchased when you are booking? Do you know if the freestyle machines are on the GOTS? I know this is off subject but how do we know what we can and can not take with us? Thank you for you help. :)

This is our first cruise and although super excited feeling a bit lost. How does a person buy the soda package? Does it have to be purchased when you are booking? Do you know if the freestyle machines are on the GOTS? I know this is off subject but how do we know what we can and can not take with us? Thank you for you help. :)

You can purchase the soda package either before the cruise using Royal's website, or on the first day of the cruise once you are on board.

Is the water from the freestyle machine REALLY delicious filtered water?

I don't understand how that can be. Isn't the machine just filled with condensed sugars/sweeteners/flavors to make the different drinks...using basically all the same liquid, more or less?

How does that work? I do not drink the ship's tap water because of the taste.

Where can you get drinks on the package?

Like can you get them delivered to the stateroom? Can you get them at the pubs / pizza place / dining rooms?

Also, is still water included in the package? Does it come in bottles or by the glass?

Bump, anyone? :o

Where can you get drinks on the package? Any bar or restaurant or Freestyle machine if there's one on your ship.

Like can you get them delivered to the stateroom? No room service. Can you get them at the pubs (Yes) / pizza place (Don't think so) / dining rooms? Yes.

Also, is still water included in the package? Water was never included in the package. Does it come in bottles or by the glass? Tap water is available free without any package.

See answers in RED.

We purchased the soda package on our first cruise because our kids were with us...came out way ahead. However, on our cruise next month (southern Caribbean on JOTS) we will be in port every day but one. Since we always drink water with dinner we have decided to pass on the package this time because we don't think we will drink enough Diet Coke to justify the cost. Besides...water is better for you. :)

I am going on the Legend in December and am wondering if they will follow suit and have a "Freestyle Machine".

Also saw someone post asking if they had Perrier/Pelegrino in the machine and the response was...."The machine has mineral water options". Are these flavored and does it also offer club soda?:confused:

If you read KansCocoa's Allure review, she has pictures of the machines in post #184:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36977730&highlight=freestyle#post36977730

Based on the pictures, it looks like there are Dasani flavored waters, as well as Seagram's Sparkling Seltzer Water.

Thank you sooo much for the quick reply. I had not read her review but your reply is great and definitely answers my question other than whether or not Legend will have one of these machines. If yes, then I'm sold as I only drink sparkling water.

If you read KansCocoa's Allure review, she has pictures of the machines in post #184:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36977730&highlight=freestyle#post36977730

Based on the pictures, it looks like there are Dasani flavored waters, as well as Seagram's Sparkling Seltzer Water.

i did read her review, but i forgot about that detailed description!

thanks for posting the link!!!!!

quite a selection....i guess i'll find something....so i'll drink carbonated beverages for a week - it won't kill me! :rolleyes:

I love the soda package and will be buying it again when we sail in September.

On a safety note, these are great for kids and teenagers. Not only does it mean that they can drink loads and not get dehydrated, I really worried about someone spiking my kids drinks (especially my very pretty teenage daughter) - I'm not sure if it is as big a problem in the States as it is in England, but it terrifies me that she could get caught out. So, we told our kids that if they even took their eye off of their drink for one moment, they were to discard it and get a fresh one. Just one less thing for a mum to worry about :o

Emma

Archived