Prices on Med Cruises

When we cruise I typically book when the window opens. In 2010 I paid 3k per person for the cruise portion and $800 per person for airfare. The price of the cruise never went down. In 2012 I paid 1850 per person for the same room (D2 balcony) and 1200 per person for airfare. The cruise price did not included excursions on. Last year sometime in early January they offered a balcony guarantee at significant savings. Many people on our cruise took avantage of this and saved $$. Both cruises were in June.

I booked our Alaska cruise on the day it opened. I have already seen a small increase in the price.:eek:

We booked our GS in January for our September Western Med cruise for $2500 per person. I haven't seen the price go down. We're paying a nice chunk of change for our flight though. From Denver to Barcelona... $2100 per person.

I read your post and it prompted me to check the current prices on a Med cruise that I booked in October for August. I'm glad I checked! The price dropped for a Junior Suite from $2699 to $1699. I called my TA and she contacted RCL and I was granted the new price. I saved $2k on the cruise!.

If anyone is interested, the cruise is the August 17th 7 night Western Med. cruise on the Legend of the Seas.

The savings will pay for all of our shore excursions and all on-board spending.

I'm excited about the cruise and very happy with the revised price!

Knocking $2,000 off the cruise is awesome - congrats. I booked this cruise under a sale, and it is $200 (pp) less than the current price, so no chance of an upgrade for me. I cannot wait to see the refurbishment they did on the Legend -- not to mention that we are excite to be on our first Med. cruise.

I am going to keep checking to prices once or twice a week, just to see if or how they change.

We booked our GS in January for our September Western Med cruise for $2500 per person. I haven't seen the price go down. We're paying a nice chunk of change for our flight though. From Denver to Barcelona... $2100 per person.

We were suppose to cruise out of Barcelona this June and cancelled for the fact that the cruise was to cost the same as the flights....somethings wrong IMO.....Hope you enjoy....:)

Now it is two weeks after the final payment date. The price went down $100 (although still $100 more than I paid). I did call up RCI and asked how much an upgrade would cost - the person said that the next category was fully booked. She said the ship was almost completely booked for this embarkation port (there are 3 on this cruise).

Just before final payment date for our Navigator cruise in June and have kept checking the prices. Yesterday we got a price drop of over £500 (over $750) for our E2 balcony. :D So yes, the prices do sometimes drop - keep on checking!

With our very cheap balcony upgrade on Legend in a couple of weeks (post #5 on this thread) it's been a lucky couple of weeks for us. Perhaps I should buy a lottery ticket ;)

Quite coincidental that I just read this 20 minutes after I came off the phone to my TA, having noticed a huge price drop in JS's on our forthcoming Med cruise. We've paid only £40 per person to move from a D2 to a JS - the price difference last week between a D2 and a JS was £500 per person.

So, yes, prices do drop sometimes :D

Is that a UK TA?

Navigator Eastern Med Cruises for this summer have come down a lot. Especially the ones after final payment date.

RCI is showing prices from £299 pp for some Easter Med cruises on Navigator in May (UK Whit School Holidays) at the moment but when you try to book the price goes up :mad: I imagine cabins at the lower price have all sold out but I do wish they would update their page and show the current price - it would save me getting excited.

I've tried doing a dummy booking on a UK TA's site and they are still selling at the lower price. Now, don't know whether to risk booking with them. I don't want them coming back at me for more money after I've paid.

I'm thinking perhaps it's too risky, I don't trust them enough. But I will make a mental note to remember this for next year and book quicker!

We're in a GS on the LOS in September. What can I do if the price drops after the final payment date? We've actually already paid in full.

It is worth calling to ask them, even after final payment.:D

We leave next week for our first Med cruise. We booked almost a year in advance at $699 for a standard balcony. That price disappeared quickly and was never seen again. And yes, airfare from the States is expen$ive. Our round trips to Barcelona were $1,200 and that was before the upgrade to Economy Comfort.

We knew it would be an expensive once-in-a-lifetime trip when we planned it. The vacation fund will weep from withdrawal pains but oh the memories! :)

~ Sheryl

We leave next week for our first Med cruise. We booked almost a year in advance at $699 for a standard balcony. That price disappeared quickly and was never seen again. And yes, airfare from the States is expen$ive. Our round trips to Barcelona were $1,200 and that was before the upgrade to Economy Comfort.

We knew it would be an expensive once-in-a-lifetime trip when we planned it. The vacation fund will weep from withdrawal pains but oh the memories! :)

~ Sheryl

We booked Economy Comfort as well. My hubby thought that I would have a hard time in coach for that long of a flight. :)

Two years ago Celebrity had a special on Silhouette ...the firstcruise out in July .the price wasvery reasonable

Last year Noordams priice dropped sifnificantly so we took the 21day cruise . After a few issues HAL stepped up and really corrected them . I was very pleased

Now once again I.mlooking at the med for june or July ...prices are double or more ...too much for me ...so .i will wait except I am ot sure when final paymentfor July would be . If cabins are not filled that is when they go down usually

But by the looks of things it does not look like I will cruise this summer ...way over my budget

When you factor in cruise fare,airfare,hotel stayexcursions,pocket money tipsand transportationcosts pluspaying for 2,,the whole thing is astronomic ..many many thousands

Plus air fromMontreal isnever cheap ...thousands for those too

This will be my first non vacation summer ..boohoo !!!please make pricescome down!!!

Michele

Last summer, we booked two inside cabins for July '13 Med Cruise, out of Rome. They were originally $799 pp (Category Q). In February they dropped to $719 pp (Category N), and two weeks ago they had a weekend sale and the price dropped to $559 pp (Guarantee Q). I didnt think about it too much and called my TA. It was a little bit of a risk since they can assign any deck or room, however for the savings it was worth a shot. We ended being assigned Category N rooms anyway, and they are very close to each other... So far I have saved a total of $960 (for four of us). Since then the price went up a bit and have not seen it drop again.

In terms of flight prices... They are truly insane. When I first started planning for this trip I knew that prices out of the NY area would be over 1k a person. I wanted to leave out of Newark (EWR) and those prices were 1500 pp. After much research I found that traveling from EWR to DUS was cheap. So I booked my flights that way. I spent $900 pp for our total Rountrip transportation.

We leave in three weeks for our MED cruise and booked a year out... the price NEVER changed... up or down... stayed the same! Usually prices flucuate... but not this one. I checked every day... have a group of 55!

55 wow. You guys will take up a complete deck.

The prices do seem high. My parents were able to snag a last minute balcony for 1600/pp on Princess for a 2 week Med but it was the off-season. RCI now wants $2689 for an E1 balcony on the 12 day Med cruise on the Serenade :eek: I got a nice amount of OBC so hopefully that will off-set additional costs. I have to pay for airfare from California-Barcelona too so this is going to be an expensive (but hopefully worth it) trip!

I'm hoping for a price drop sometime between now and next May :)

Archived