luggage tags

marmac761

I heard a few times on these boards that celebrity will send you your luggage tags after you do electronic check in. Does anyone have a picture of these tags. Just wondering how secure they will be.

I don't have a picture but the tags are very secure, we usually have to cut them off. We have never had one accidentally torn off.

Once you do your online check in there will be a link to order the printed tags. They come in a.week or so.

Bev

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

You do have to request the tags after you do your electronic check in. Celebrity does not automatically send them. They are the standard luggage tags. They go on your luggage and stick together at the end. I am not quite sure what you mean by secure....

OK I've probably looked at it a dozen times, but I don't see the link to order luggage tags. I do see a number to call though. I have done the online check-in and printed the xpress pass already and I still have 84 days till we cruise. Could that be why there isn't a link?

Our cruise is May 22---46 days out and we received our E-Docs about 2 days ago........Others from our cruise are still waiting......So its not as if everyone gets them all at the same time! As we used to say in the Army..and here too in Nicaragua.......Hurry up and wait!! :D:D

OK I've probably looked at it a dozen times, but I don't see the link to order luggage tags. I do see a number to call though. I have done the online check-in and printed the xpress pass already and I still have 84 days till we cruise. Could that be why there isn't a link?

As soon as your e-docs are ready check your "My Celebrity." The link won't be available until the e-docs have been sent.

I just tried to edit my post since the answer wasn't complete, and for some reason the extra information didn't post.

In any event, we actually have had a cruise luggage tag pull off. On a Constellation cruise in 2009 one suitcase was delivered hours after the others. The cruise luggage tag had pulled off, and someone had to look at our contact info luggage tag to determine where to deliver the suitcase. Since the packet of cruise luggage tags contains eight tags, I now put two cruise luggage tags on each piece.

I just tried to edit my post since the answer wasn't complete, and for some reason the extra information didn't post.

In any event, we actually have had a cruise luggage tag pull off. On a Constellation cruise in 2009 one suitcase was delivered hours after the others. The cruise luggage tag had pulled off, and someone had to look at our contact info luggage tag to determine where to deliver the suitcase. Since the packet of cruise luggage tags contains eight tags, I now put two cruise luggage tags on each piece.

Our luggage like many has two handles so we usually put more than one tag on each case.

I heard a few times on these boards that celebrity will send you your luggage tags after you do electronic check in. Does anyone have a picture of these tags. Just wondering how secure they will be.

There is a picture of what they look like on your check-in packet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Luggage tags are paper strips that you loop around the handle and stick the ends together. They don't look terribly sturdy but we've never had one come off either. I don't put them on until we're about to leave a pre-cruise hotel and head to the ship. The rare times we've flown in the day day of the cruise I put them on after we've retrieved our luggage at the destination airport.

In my experience the luggage tag link, and the e-doc link, appears between 4 and 5 weeks before your cruise.

If you don't get luggage tags in advance then there is no worry - the porters collecting luggage at the cruise port will have blank tags for you to fill out.

Morning all, we have booked our flights through Celebrity, so will we receive additional tags for the return journey?

Rick.

The tags are for when checking into the ship so they know which cabin to deliver the luggage to. They are not for your return flight. You'll get your flight luggage tags at the airport when you check in for your return flight as you normally would. Celebrity does have an extra cost program available at certain USA ports for those on certain flights that allows you to check your luggage from the ship direct to your flight but this is a very limited extra cost program that you can only purchase once on the ship and isn't necessarily available even if you purchased your flights from Celebrity.

You should always have your own personal luggage tags with your name and contact information on the luggage. I usually add our cell phone number, a brief list of our pre-cruise itinerary including the name of our ship and sailing date. If our luggage gets lost I want to make it as easy as possible for the finder to get our luggage back to us!!

Archived