"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

Hmmm....looks like my countdown clock sails SAILED....

guess that means that I will be aboard the beautiful Explorer of the Seas VERY soon.....

Haven't sailed on my favorite ship in over a year, so I am looking forward to a nice relaxing week sailing the seas!!

Can't wait to see everyone on the ship....

Wow Radio, over 3000 views before you BOARD?? CCers love their "LIVE. . ." reports.....glad that I can relive this cruise when I return!!

:D:D

Radio, There you are as promised :) Looking forward to another Live On Board by Radio! As you know we sail her June 13th, we sailed her last June 2001. Watched her come in under the bridge this morning and then dock safe and sound to await the infamous Radio arrival.

Great weather, smooth seas, hot coffee!

George in NY

guess that means that I will be aboard the beautiful Explorer of the Seas VERY soon.....

Haven't sailed on my favorite ship in over a year, so I am looking forward to a nice relaxing week sailing the seas!!

Wow Radio, over 3000 views before you BOARD?? CCers love their "LIVE. . ." reports.....glad that I can relive this cruise when I return!!

I feel like we are sailing with a celebrity! See you on board soon!

Same here. Can't wait to read this and experience the cruise again!

Being able to relive this cruise will be amazing!

See you guys...and Radio, in a few hours.

Safe travels.:)

Hey there Radio! So great to see one of your live threads!! What is the parking situation there at port?? What are facilities like?? Cost?? The new Quantum may base there and I was just wondering since that will make us within driving distance of port, like you. If you get chance let me know. Would be interested to find out. Have a great trip and take lots of pics for us.

It's a beautiful day for sailaway Radio. Looking forward to another live Radio broadcast. Just what I need to keep me going till my next cruise.

Enjoy your coffee and I'll be eagerly waiting the frist pictures from the Explorer of the Sea.

I am new to cruise critic and was excited to see you were going to be reporting live from explorer of the seas since my husband and I will be on that ship in June. How does the live reports work, not really sure where to go to follow it. Help!

WOW...Jacob was our head waiter on our very first cruise, which was on the Majesty of the Seas. He is our favorite head waiter to date. It has been 13 years since we first started cruising and he definately was the best. I will be on the Explorer this summer and I really hope that he is my head waiter.

Radio....enjoy your cruise. I really love your "LIVE" reports.

Hi, how funny! Jacob is such a nice man. I spoke with him on the phone a few years ago but we kind of lost touch since then. He went from Majesty to the Enchantment, then to Explorer, I am pretty sure.

I hope he's still onboard, find him when you sail for sure! He can arrange for you to be in his section.

Jacob was my head waiter on Liberty of the Seas a few years ago. Honestly, I hardly ever remember the head waiters, but Jacob was excellent. He came over to our table and chatted with us every night, and on Friday night, he treated us all to wine so we could share a Jewish Shabbat with him!

I'm very much looking forward to your LIVE review, especially since I'm cruising Explorer in October!

There are two questions I hope you can answer for me...

1) Does Explorer still do the beer cooler? Are there any beer specials on the ship?

2) I believe Leigh will be CD. He was the activities manager on Liberty-- and he's AWESOME! Can you find out if he'll be on board on October 6th?

Thanks! Enjoy your cruise!!!

That sounds like Jacob :)

Have a great time Meg...

I am new to cruise critic and was excited to see you were going to be reporting live from explorer of the seas since my husband and I will be on that ship in June. How does the live reports work, not really sure where to go to follow it. Help!

Just follow this thread. Radio will be posting daily with photos, thoughts, days events, etc. Sit back and relax...

Radio,

We embark in 11 days and would also like to go to the Memorial. Would you go to the Memorial first and then park for the ship? Is there parking at the Memorial? I don't know how close everything is.

Wow --- Great report all ready---DW and i sailed her last year for our 11th anniversary --as we got married on this great lady---she was still in great shape---Bermuda was great except for the weather --- but as always weather and Radio get along GREAT!!!!...Have a great time and dont forget to have a pint at the Frog and Onion...

any chance there is a Breakaway in ur future??...would love to have a "live" report say before october 27th???

Tuning in....Standing By....Fair Seas...

You're very lucky that you're able to dock in Bermuda, we Breakaway fans are anxiously awaiting that the pier will be finished in time for us.

Any information you can obtain about this ongoing project would be greatly appreciated by many :)

Hello everyone. . . I'm still at the Hotel, but I think I maybe leaving in about an hour.

I hope that all passengers will be off of Explorer soon. . .I need some Bermuda !

Radio

;);)

She is tied up, and waiting for me to board !

A4.jpg

Radio,

We embark in 11 days and would also like to go to the Memorial. Would you go to the Memorial first and then park for the ship? Is there parking at the Memorial? I don't know how close everything is.

Hi, may I be one of "Radios' Helpers" and answer this question for him.

I would, and have, visited the Memorial before you check in and park. As you go down the road past the dry dock company you will be directed to make a left for the ship. Instead, make a right to go to the Memorial and visit BEFORE you park and check in.

Enjoy your cruise.

Now back to your regularly scheduled "Radio Live" thread.........

Archived