"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

Very excited to see your post and live report Radio...You truly make a person feel like they are there with you. I will be on Explorer 9 night in 12 days. Our first stop is Bermuda. The anticipation is crazy but now to read your posts will push me over the edge with excitement!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow and i will be looking forward to your posts!

Hello everyone. . .I made it to my Hotel. The traffics was a little rough. The NJTP was fine, but I fad to travel on I-95 in MD and DE first.

]

OUCH, my apologies on behalf of the State of Delaware, the 3 lane (out of 4) shutdown of I95 was to say the least a massive pain the the butt today......but hopefully in a couple of months when the 95/route 1 interchange project is finally complete it will be for the better.

Looking forward to your LIVE reports!

Thanks Dani. . .Grandeur of the Seas is one of my Favorite Ships. . .

I hope to sail Grandeur later this year

She sailed from Cruise Maryland for a few years before Enchantment of the Seas came.

Now Grandeur of the Seas is like a NEW ship. . .There have been many many improvements ! Have a GREAT Cruise. . .

Radio

;);)

Have a great time on the Explorer. Looking forward to your live posts. We are sailing on the Grandeur in Dec, so will be looking forward to your review and lots of pics when you sail on her later this year.

Theresa

Hi Radio,:)

Have a wonderful cruise! Looking forward to your"live" review.

It's been about 2 years since we sailed to Bermuda and actually had to cancel our October sailing:( So I'm especially eager to see your beautiful pictures.

If..... you have the chance could you find out when Explorer will be going in for drydock. I've heard conflicting reports of February or December 2014.

We're sailing in March and would love to have the new amenities in place.

Thank you , Bon Voyage!!

Liz:)

Hi Radio

We'll be on the Exployer next April on the 9 nighter. Love your reports. I also would like to know when dry docking will occur if you can find out anything.

This will be our first time out of the Northeast and Cape Liberty. Started crusing with the Sovereign years ago.

Have a great cruise and look forward to reading your reports and seeing your pictures.!

Mike

Hello Mark just now joining to your life review, OMG so many threads to follow... LoL, these are good times in to be in cruise critic.

I will be specifically interested in the Bermuda section as we will be there in a little over a month.

I wish you a smooth sailing :)

:rolleyes:Ok, Ok. . .Lets go Explorer of the Seas. . .You need to get into port quickly ! There are 2900 passengers waiting to board this afternoon.

The pilot should be boarding by 6AM. . .Time for more coffee

Radio

;);)

Returning to port at 4AM

MAP2.jpg

Hi Radio,

This will be my first "Live" show with you. I am excited for a couple of reasons. First, my DW and I have recently booked our very first cruise and it just happens to be on the Explorer out of Port Liberty. We eat up every scrap of recent info in preparation for our trip which is not until this December. Secondly, we had been thinking about taking a shorter voyage to either Bahamas or Bermuda just to get the feel of the ship. We have found it a bit frustrating to see so many negative comments about those 2 venues, and opted instead for a 1 day tour of Explorer while she is in Bayonne on May 2nd. I hope you have a great trip and report so many good things that we just can't say no. Travel well.

Bob

Mark, you're up really early today! Enjoy watching the EX dock this morning! I had an aft balcony in Feb and it was great watching Captain Olav back her in but I've never been on the pier to see her arrive.

Guess you'll be ready to watch the news this afternoon!

Carol

Mark, you're up really early today! Enjoy watching the EX dock this morning! I had an aft balcony in Feb and it was great watching Captain Olav back her in but I've never been on the pier to see her arrive.

Guess you'll be ready to watch the news this afternoon!

Carol

Ha ha, Carol. . . .You know me well, except I have a lot to do today.

Tomorrow will be the perfect day for watching the news (um. . ah. . .taking a nap)

Radio

;);)

Good morning everyone. . .Explorer of the Seas has docked. She is being tied up as I post this and now is the time for all passengers on board to wake up. . .have some breakfast. . . .and let Debarkation begin.

I should be heading over to the pier by about 11 (ish) There is a nice Starbucks very close to the pier that is calling my name.

I will likely stop at the Memorial to take a few pics before checking in.

The next images should be from the beautiful Explorer of the Seas.

Radio

;);)

Explorer of the Seas just passing under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge

A1.jpg

She is getting close to the Pier at Cape Liberty

A2.jpg

She is docked now. . .Everybody off

MAP3.jpg

Archived