"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

Hi all!

Radio ~ thanks for another great review & beautiful pictures. They really got me excited for my Breakaway cruise next week which I booked because of your glowing reports on Bermuda. I think you've singlehandedly increased tourism to Bermuda from your live reports!:D

BTW have you ever sailed NCL?

~ Jo ~ :)

We sailed with you...EOS April 7. Our first cruise out of Bayonne. We had a great time...The Schooner bar was hopping at night!

Hey Shanon - you never gave us your email addy -- only home address. Would love to stay in touch! Pretty sure you have our info. :D

Radio - Fantastic job with the new video! Love the use of the panning time-lapse shots. I am SO ready to go to Bermuda next month!!!

Me too...and we'll be on the same sailing as you. It's our 2nd time to Bermuda and I can't wait to get back there.

Radio

Thank you so much for sharing the terrific photos!

Sailing on the Explorer, on June 22. Love the info about the beach near the ship. Do they have chairs etc available for rent? Is it a long walk from the ship?

I am also looking for info about the Headliner and the cruise director. I am relatively new to cruise critics, so I would appreciate any info you can share.

This will be my 23rd trip to Bermuda, but only my 3rd cruise there. Love this island!!!!!

Look forward to hearing from you

Whitegate

Radio

Sailing on the Explorer, on June 22. Love the info about the beach near the ship. Do they have chairs etc available for rent? Is it a long walk from the ship?

I am also looking for info about the Headliner and the cruise director. I am relatively new to cruise critics, so I would appreciate any info you can share.

This will be my 23rd trip to Bermuda, but only my 3rd cruise there. Love this island!!!!!

Whitegate

We are on this cruise too:) Our very first time in Bermuda! Just completed online check-in and printed our luggage tags! Very excited! Some others sailing have been starting to share some info on another thread, if you choose to join us search the forums for explorer to bermuda june 22, 2013!

Hi Radio

I dont think we got a chance to meet you on the cruise....( or at least I dont recall being introduced to anyone by your name - please forgive me )

I am reading the reports and reliving the great time on the ship and in Bermuda. Would you mind sharing your photos? I have been able to see a few in the posts, but I am not too saavy with this thing. We would do the same in kind....

RhodieBama:) RIUPSGUY

Radio

Whitegate

You can email RCCL at web_reservations@rccl.com Give them your booking number, date of sailing and ship. Request info on the entertainment and they usually will send you the info a few weeks before sailing.

Cruise Director - there is a long running thread on Cruise Directors that lists all of the ships...

it was back on page 4 Leigh Xuereb is the CD per that listing.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just love Cruise Critic! First, I see the news the Explorer is moving to Port Canaveral. Yeah - another choice from P.C. Then, while researching the ship, I discover your thread with the wonderful commentary and pictures. I think we're doing the S.C. next November. RC should give you an upgrade every time you cruise - you're a great sales agent! Thanks for taking your time to share with the community.

Radio, do you know if there are any hotels where you can leave your car for the duration of the cruise (we are trying for a9 night) on EOTS -- similar to a park and fly where you can leave your car at a airport-area hotel? Thanks - we're scrambling to rebook for our cancelled Grandeur cruise:(:(

Country Inn and Suites in Newark/Elizabeth has a deal where you can leave your car there.

Cheryl

yes they do...you have to call the hotel...some packages include parking and not transfers...others do not include parking.

you can use a company called independent driver to get to the pier....i do not have the number handy....no website.

you can google independent driver newark and get it (starts with 888 ... ....) or pop over to the east coast board and use.search.....

you can also try stay123 or trinityreservations.dot com. they offer packages....and may include.transfers. the fairfield inn and suites.is good....stay AWAY from the best western.and wyndham garden ewr hotels....trust us.

either courtyard is fine...as is the.residence inn and springhill suites. however..you would have to call the hotels.direct and ask. not toll free numbers. sometimes marriott (parent of SHS..FFI...courtyard) will have park n cruise rates on line but not always.

expect to pay 50-60 each way to the.pier. independent driver is cheaper.....

hth

Sent from my Etch-a-sketch using Tapatalk

Radio, do you know if there are any hotels where you can leave your car for the duration of the cruise (we are trying for a9 night) on EOTS -- similar to a park and fly where you can leave your car at a airport-area hotel? Thanks - we're scrambling to rebook for our cancelled Grandeur cruise:(:(

Try looking at park sleep fly dot com or buy reservations dot com....they have parking. We usually stay at the hotel the night before our flight...they have up to 14 days free parking if you do the park, sleep and fly.

• 1 month later...

Hi Radio,

Will you be doing a "live" report (or a when you get back report) of your 1 nt Grandeur cruise? We are considering switching from our EOS Dec. cruise to a GOS cruise (same time frame, just 1 port difference, and kids (who are teens) would miss 2 less days of school. Just not sure about motion, and what there is to do on sea days.

• 3 months later...

Hello..!

I know this thread ended a few months ago, but I will be sailing on the Explorer next month, can't wait!

I would love to see the compass pictures that were posted on your website, but I can't seem to pull them up on the website that you posted. I can see many other folders and pictures, but the specific one that hosts the menus and compasses is blank. I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end, but just wanted to ask if they were available to view perhaps in a difference section than where I'm looking?

THank you so much for the detailed review, it's truly an amazing resource for an RCCL newbie like myself!

Archived