"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

The quality and clarity of all your pictures is absolutely amazing - I always look forward to your pictorials. We have been on Explorer several times, and your hard work serves as a nice memory. Just curious - what cabin were you booked in before you got that fabulous upgrade - that must have been a WONDERFUL surprise. Smooth sailing - which ship are you on next?

Thanks, Radio. My family and I sail in just 15 weeks to Bermuda to celebrate my DH and My 50th Anniversary. This will be the fifth year in a row that I have visted Bermuda. I just love the island and can't wait to return. Your pictures only make me more anxious to see the dockyard approaching on the side of ship as we tie up. Thanks for taking us all along on your vacation.

Now that I have returned, I can catch up on this thread...

Great pics Radio....thanks again for posting "LIVE" so that those of us CCers who were in attendance can see what we missed while we were busy having fun!! That's the key to a great cruise....just relaxing, having lots of fun...and a Radio "LIVE" to remember the cruise by!!!

Hope everyone arrived home safely!!!

Thanks for the nice comments, dreamer976. . . I can preset my camera to take an image every .5, 1, 2, 5, 15, 30, or 60 seconds. This is usually used for timelapse, but this way I can travel for 10 minutes and have several hundred photos to select from. I have been using the "1 shot per 2 sec mode" for this trip .

There is a remote available, but you have to have a free hand to operate it.

Radio

;);)

Thanks for the explanation, Radio . . . and welcome back home:( We'll all miss you, and can't wait to sail with you again this summer.

Thanks Radio, for a great "live" review. Another excellent job. We will be in Bermuda the beginning of June on the Grandeur. Can't wait. This just made me that much more excited, especially with all those great pictures. They say pictures are worth a thousand words. That sure is a true statement.

Thanks again.

Gwen :)

Radio, love the monopod, what a great idea! The more I read your threads, the more camera gear I *need*. :D

I was just wondering if you know of any secret spots protected from the wind, with lounge chairs, that you could still get some sun on the cooler and windy days.

We like the chairs all the way aft, by the baby pool - It is pretty sheltered back there, so even on breezy days, you can find a sheltered spot for sun.

We also got a few chairs right by the bar on the main pool deck - obviously these are hard to come by on nice days, but on a windy, cold day, no one is out by the pools so we had our pick and got a little bit of sun on a day that was 50 and windy.

Radio .... I've had a great cruise with you! Thanks so much for these LIVE cruises!

Bermuda is now on my list .... it will happen. Seeing the Explorer brings visions of my beloved AOS .... Thank you! Just love the AOS (that is my favorite class of ships) ... IMHO it is just the perfect size .. & love the promenade!

Thanks Radio, for the fabulous commentary and especially the photos....

I have a question for you, what are the freestyle coke machines? do you need to pay for this? do you have to have a soda package or just use your seapass?

we will be on the EOS in 17 days - May 2nd

its our first time on this ship, our first time out of Liberty Pier and our first visit to Bermuda so any tips would be great....

thanks again for your "live feeds" I thoroughly enjoyed them

Hi Radio!

Will you be posting the daily compasses from this trip? Thanks so much for all your reports. I really enjoyed them! I will be sailing Explorer May 25th, I can't wait!!!

Yes, I will be posting the daily Cruise Compass, and some other info.

Have a great Cruise !

Radio

;);)

I was on Freedom earlier this year and she had the freestyle machines. First, yes, you had to have a soft drink package to use them. The cup they give you has and RFID chip in it which tells the machine that it can dispense.

The machine itself has many different flavors of drinks you can choose from. For instance, I liked the raspberry Sprite. You select your main drink (coke, sprite, etc.) and then select the flavor (a number of fruits and vanilla IIRC).

Thanks again for the fantastic photo trip. Now that you are back I was wondering if you could do a quick review of the cameras you used? I mentioned in an earlier post that I have been looking at the Go Pro Black. I would love to hear pros and cons for Go Pro. Also any info about other cameras that you used.

Really enjoyed your photos.

Thanks

Joanne

Thanks Radio, for the fabulous commentary and especially the photos....

I have a question for you, what are the freestyle coke machines? do you need to pay for this? do you have to have a soda package or just use your seapass?

we will be on the EOS in 17 days - May 2nd

its our first time on this ship, our first time out of Liberty Pier and our first visit to Bermuda so any tips would be great....

thanks again for your "live feeds" I thoroughly enjoyed them

Mattsmom11,

The Freestyle Coke Machines are the soda package now on RCI. Never used it but saw it last year on Explorer of the Seas. I know the people who had it carried around a large cup and they filled it up at the machines.

I was on Freedom earlier this year and she had the freestyle machines. First, yes, you had to have a soft drink package to use them. The cup they give you has and RFID chip in it which tells the machine that it can dispense.

The machine itself has many different flavors of drinks you can choose from. For instance, I liked the raspberry Sprite. You select your main drink (coke, sprite, etc.) and then select the flavor (a number of fruits and vanilla IIRC).

ohhhh that sounds cool, I do like sprite so to try a flavour with it would be really cool.

Mattsmom11,

The Freestyle Coke Machines are the soda package now on RCI. Never used it but saw it last year on Explorer of the Seas. I know the people who had it carried around a large cup and they filled it up at the machines.

thanks Flowers44, the one thing that has always turned me off getting one of these packages is the fact of having to carry around a cup to use when the urge might hit that you want a drink.... just not me. but I do like the idea of adding the flavours so I might consider giving it a try this time around.

Archived