"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

Yes, I will be posting the daily Cruise Compass, and some other info.

Have a great Cruise !

Radio

;);)

Radio, I have been following your posts for years. Love 'em. As you can see I've been to Bermuda many times. Love to take all the ferries the Island. Also love the tram tours.

I after all my trips to Bemuda docking in Hamilton and KW we have never ever gone to snorkel park. You made me a believe. Please fill me in on everything about it. Your pics were great. If I knew how to update my cruise list you would we usually go to Bermuda every year. Sometimes 2X a year.

Our next trip is 9/29 on EX. We were there on 9/11 on the Zenith and the people of Bermuda were so kind and wonderful to us. It is our favorite place to go.

Please respond when you get time.

Thanks again. Enjoy your next trip.

Maureen

thanks Flowers44, the one thing that has always turned me off getting one of these packages is the fact of having to carry around a cup to use when the urge might hit that you want a drink.... just not me. but I do like the idea of adding the flavours so I might consider giving it a try this time around.

Sorry--not trying to get of topic, but, I have done this.

You can still order fountain sodas from the bars. I use the chip enabled cup when I am on the pool deck, at lunch, and if I want to wander the promenade. In the evening I just order a soda in a glass from any bar.

The freestyle machines also carry flavored Dasani water. I am a big fan.

Thanks again for the fantastic photo trip. Now that you are back I was wondering if you could do a quick review of the cameras you used? I mentioned in an earlier post that I have been looking at the Go Pro Black. I would love to hear pros and cons for Go Pro. Also any info about other cameras that you used.

Really enjoyed your photos.

Thanks

Joanne

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I used 3 Cameras for this sailing. Sony DSC W120, Sony DSC H10, and GoPro Hero3 White.

I love GoPro Hero3. . . It is very light and easy to maneuver. The White and Black both have the same lens, but the Black adds a nice burst mode (30fps vs 3fps) and a nicer resolution (12mp vs 5mp).

The Black also has a much nicer video mode (1080p at 60fps)

I laso love my Sony DSC H10 because of the super wide angle lens. . .

Radio

;);)

HI Radio

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

how did you like the food? did you try the buffet at all? how was the MDM? did you try any of the specialty resturants?

Are there any hidden secrets spots for good eats anywhere?

What was your favorite place to stop for a quick bite to eat or just a snack

Does the beverage package include specialty coffees?

thanks

HI Radio

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

how did you like the food? did you try the buffet at all? how was the MDM? did you try any of the specialty resturants?

Are there any hidden secrets spots for good eats anywhere?

What was your favorite place to stop for a quick bite to eat or just a snack

Does the beverage package include specialty coffees?

thanks

There are a few places to eat on board. This includes Main Dining Room, Windjammer, Portofino, Cafe Promenade, Johnny Rockets, and Room Service. I ate a t JR's, MDR, Windjammer, and Room Service. All locations had very good food. I enjoyed them all.

The Soda Package does not include specialty coffees.

Radio

;);)

thanks Flowers44, the one thing that has always turned me off getting one of these packages is the fact of having to carry around a cup to use when the urge might hit that you want a drink.... just not me. but I do like the idea of adding the flavours so I might consider giving it a try this time around.

I am a soda addict (lol) so I always get the soda package. I really enjoyed the freestyle machines on our last two cruises. With the different sodas and flavorings, I think there is over 100 cominations. My favorite was diet coke with orange and vanilla or raspberry and vanilla. They say if you drink 3 or more sodas a day, it is cheaper to get the soda package.

Radio, thanks for the great review. I just watched the video (thanks to DaddyBytes for posting the link). Great video. Love those time lapse videos and the fish-eye videos too.

BTW, when is your next cruise? Gotta make sure I am home to cruise along with you. Unless I am on a cruise too.....:p Will be leaving on May 31st for Bermuda on the Grandeur. Can't wait. Your pictures and video are making me extremely anxious.

Thanks again for all you do and taking the time from "your vacation", to entertain us here on CC.

Gwen :)

Radio, thanks for the great review. I just watched the video (thanks to DaddyBytes for posting the link). Great video. Love those time lapse videos and the fish-eye videos too.

BTW, when is your next cruise? Gotta make sure I am home to cruise along with you. Unless I am on a cruise too.....:p Will be leaving on May 31st for Bermuda on the Grandeur. Can't wait. Your pictures and video are making me extremely anxious.

Thanks again for all you do and taking the time from "your vacation", to entertain us here on CC.

Gwen :)

Thanks for the nice comments, Gwen. . . The next Cruise has not been booked, but it will be this summer. . .

It should be with RCI, but I am bouncing around a few ships. . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks for the nice comments, Gwen. . . The next Cruise has not been booked, but it will be this summer. . .

Radio

;);)

I'm hoping it's the Grandeur. Would love to follow your live review since we will be sailing on her for Christmas.

Theresa

I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire thread and all the wonderful pictures you posted. I've been busy between Chris' live report, gambee's report and reading your live report....whew...you guys are keeping me up late....lol

Actually, I've been watching the Boston bombings...I just cannot get a handle on all of this terrorism....such a shame.

Thank you so much for taking time to give up part of your vacation to take us along with you. Bermuda is definitely on my bucket list...not sure if it will be by cruise or just book a resort and plunk ourselves there....the water is gorgeous...some parts remind me of beaches in Grand Cayman.

Do you happen to know how the snorkeling is there?

Radio

;);)

You should consider the August 23rd 7-nt Grandeur to Bermuda. Some very nice people will be on that sailing.....:D

There are a few places to eat on board. This includes Main Dining Room, Windjammer, Portofino, Cafe Promenade, Johnny Rockets, and Room Service. I ate a t JR's, MDR, Windjammer, and Room Service. All locations had very good food. I enjoyed them all.

The Soda Package does not include specialty coffees.

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio fir the reply.......

Hi Radio!

What night is formal night? What is the name of the menu for formal night?

Waiting to see your daily cruise compasses. Thanks for all you do for everyone, it's much appreciated!

Hello navilady, Formal night was Nt 2 and 5. This was a 6 nt Cruise. The Cruise Compasses will be posted very soon. . .

Radio

;-) ;-)

Archived