"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

Radio,

This is my first time following your "LIVE" report "live," and I can't thank you enough for all of your detailed reporting and photos. I have truly had early onset post-cruise-blues all day today thinking of you, but it sounds like you won't have to wait very long for your next sailing. Enjoy your last evening aboard, and thanks for everything!

I have to say DITTO to all the positive comments on here! As usual, you have done a great job as our tour guide. Your pictures are beautiful and inviting! I love your viewpoint in some that are just not the normal shot. Have thought about a Bermuda trip which would be so easy for us out of Baltimore. Your review and pics have gotten me so much closer to that cruise.

So enjoyed having this thread and Bugsby's to get me through these next days until our 2nd cruise back on Lady O in May.....

Thanks again for the great ride!!:D

Radio, Thanks for another fabulous "live" report. Your detailed posts and photos are amazing. I am so excited for our Grandeur cruise to Bermuda this summer! If I ever get to meet you in person, I'll treat you to a Starbucks:D

Hello everyone . . . Welcome to Day 7 of “LIVE” from Explorer of the Seas.

I woke up early today, so I could take some photos of our arrival to Cape Liberty.

I wasn’t expecting for the Concierge Lounge and Starbucks to be closed, so I had a strong coffee at Café Promenade. The Freestyle Coco Cola machines were open, so I could get my caffeine fix this morning.

We arrived at the pier by 7AM, and the first passengers left the ship by 7:30AM. The last number is scheduled to be called at 10:30 AM. I may be one of those passengers.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable time reading this “LIVE” post. I can tell you that I really enjoyed writing it. . . I can’t imagine sailing without offering day to day reports. My next "LIVE will be later this summer ! The Sea is Calling.

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

I think I can see Long Island, NY very early this morning . . .

G1.JPG

We pass under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge

G2.JPG

I can see Manhattan up ahead

G3A.JPG

Ahhh . . . I can see Cape Liberty

G4.JPG

Explorer of the Seas approaches the Pier slowly

G5.JPG

There will be a short shuttle ride to the passenger terminal, and I will be off !

G6.JPG

Thank you for the most beautiful cruise. Almost felt like I was onboard with you. Absolutely loved your photos.

Mentioned to my husband yesterday that we might just have to sail to Bermuda from Cape Liberty. Just seeing the photos of your arrival back are enough to make me want to go.

Thanks again.

Joanne

Thanks for the thread. Explorer was our first Voyager class ship and our first RCI cruise. This ship will always be special to me. And Bermuda was the destination of our first cruise and, it too, will always be special to me.

I've read some posts in the past that have said Explorer looks aged and tired. But your photos remind me of the ship that I fell in love with years ago. Thanks for taking me along for the ride.:)

I woke up early today, so I could take some photos of our arrival to Cape Liberty.

I wasn’t expecting for the Concierge Lounge and Starbucks to be closed, so I had a strong coffee at Café Promenade. The Freestyle Coco Cola machines were open, so I could get my caffeine fix this morning.

We arrived at the pier by 7AM, and the first passengers left the ship by 7:30AM. The last number is scheduled to be called at 10:30 AM. I may be one of those passengers.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable time reading this “LIVE” post. I can tell you that I really enjoyed writing it. . . I can’t imagine sailing without offering day to day reports. My next "LIVE will be later this summer ! The Sea is Calling.

Radio

G1.JPG

>>>>>

Radio, heading towards the VZ bridge to get to Cape liberty, (we are almost certain) that is Coney Island and the tip of that is called Sea Gate....Im sure the old Parachute Jump is in that skyline if you look close enough...

(I mean, could this be Breezy point maybe? Not with the parachute jump...Im 99.99%, if when you get home you enlarge this, you too will see the parachute jump....Not sure exactly which part of Long Island you thought this was...Being we grew up in this area, I and DH as well, know this skyline well.....we grew up seeing it...all the time..

Note: in the middle of the picture, in the skyline, that is not a bird, lmao, that is the top of the parachute jump....the tall buildings on the left of the picture are apartment buildings in Coney Island...

(unless you are not looking at the skyline and your note is regarding something we cant see in the pic)

I was just wondering if you know of any secret spots protected from the wind, with lounge chairs, that you could still get some sun on the cooler and windy days.

We sailed on her two weeks ago to FLA./Bahamas and we had cool/cold days on the front and back end of the trip. I actually found that if the sun is shining on your balcony and the way the balcony openings are cut out there is not a lot of wind as long as you are not standing at the railing. It was nice to read in the chairs out there while the main decks were too cold to sit on.

Radio

G1.JPG

>>>>>

Radio, heading towards the VZ bridge to get to Cape liberty, (we are almost certain) that is Coney Island and the tip of that is called Sea Gate....Im sure the old Parachute Jump is in that skyline if you look close enough...

(I mean, could this be Breezy point maybe? Not with the parachute jump...Im 99.99%, if when you get home you enlarge this, you too will see the parachute jump....Not sure exactly which part of Long Island you thought this was...Being we grew up in this area, I and DH as well, know this skyline well.....we grew up seeing it...all the time..

Note: in the middle of the picture, in the skyline, that is not a bird, lmao, that is the top of the parachute jump....the tall buildings on the left of the picture are apartment buildings in Coney Island...

(unless you are not looking at the skyline and your note is regarding something we cant see in the pic)

Stacey, do you really think that's the parachute jump? Wow, that brings back memories. We had relatives in Long Island and my dad would stop at Coney Island on every trip for his Nathan's hotdog and fries......LOL I used to love the ferris wheel that they had (the one that would drop) and the bobsled roller coaster was my favorite ride there.......LOL I hated the Cyclone and that ride actually made me afraid of coasters!!!! LOL My parents told me they lived in those apartments across from Coney Island when they were first married.

Welcome back Radio. Sounds like you guys had a great time! Thanks for taking us along.

Patty

Thanks for the pictures and your report. I've never been to Bermuda before so as you can imagine, I'm very excited.

Will a taxi take me to the 9/11 memorial at the end of the pier?

Yes, no reason why not....we go there all the time to see the Explorer sail away...

There will be no taxi's there to take you back...that's for sure.

Yes, no reason why not....we go there all the time to see the Explorer sail away...

There will be no taxi's there to take you back...that's for sure.

Surely they would hang on for you for a couple of minutes?

Thanks for the pictures and your report. I've never been to Bermuda before so as you can imagine, I'm very excited.

Will a taxi take me to the 9/11 memorial at the end of the pier?

You can walk....just watch traffic.....or are you asking if a cab will drop you off??

in any event...it is not too.far...

Sent from my Etch-a-sketch using Tapatalk

Thanks so much Radio for your wonderful live report. Like I said before we are on her in under 3 weeks now and your thoughts and pictures just make the wait that much better getting a glimpse of what we will get on such a beautiful lady the Explorer.

You should get paid by the cruise lines for doing what you do out of love because you do it so well.

Thanks again and happy sailing wherever your next cruise takes you.

Andrew

Archived