Table for 2

Hi Everyone,

It's been a few years since I've cruised Royal Caribbean, and I was wondering if there is a way to request a table for 2 in the main dining room. I sailed on the Mariner a few years ago, and we were seated with a large family who didn't get along. Sitting with them was very awkward, and after a few attempts to get our table switched, we ended up paying for specialty restaurants every night. I've stayed away from Royal Caribbean ever since, but I couldn't pass up the great deal I got for a cruise to Bermuda.

Hi Everyone,

It's been a few years since I've cruised Royal Caribbean, and I was wondering if there is a way to request a table for 2 in the main dining room. I sailed on the Mariner a few years ago, and we were seated with a large family who didn't get along. Sitting with them was very awkward, and after a few attempts to get our table switched, we ended up paying for specialty restaurants every night. I've stayed away from Royal Caribbean ever since, but I couldn't pass up the great deal I got for a cruise to Bermuda.

If you choose My Time Dining, you have an excellent chance of getting a table for two.

It makes no difference. You can definitely request just a table for two. I kept trying larger tables because my mom liked them. Each time we ended up switching to my time dining because of problems or awkwardness and got a table for two then.

CruizLovers: Thanks! I will send an email. Do you know if it has to be within a certain time frame?

I've had good results emailing 2 to 3 weeks before the cruise.

Also, you may be able to change to MTD once on board. Go see the MTD desk as soon as you board.

I hate eating with strangers and always have a table for 2 if it's just my husband and I. We usually get to the pier pretty early (11-11.30am) and ask for a table for 2 when checking in. We've always got it.

I'm not thrilled about eating with strangers, but I can do it if necessary. It was just so awkward with the family we were seated with. We had a table for 8. It was 6 of them, and 2 of us. The husband wouldn't let the wife talk (at all), and the kids were constantly telling the father that he was being mean. It was just too much to handle.

I hate eating with strangers and always have a table for 2 if it's just my husband and I. We usually get to the pier pretty early (11-11.30am) and ask for a table for 2 when checking in. We've always got it.

Can check in actually change your table? I've requested a table for 4 as I am travelling with my toddler, who is not only very shy but will get very impatient...I am also travelling with my husband and mother...my mother doesn't have great hearing, so the thought of sitting with strangers is making me anxious.

I didn't choose my time dining, I am first sitting for 4th may sailing on Indy.

I emailed rcidining but that was last month...thinking that may have been too much notice. Should I email again? I don't want to appear rude but I suppose if u don't ask, u don't get

Sure. I just emailed them for my cruise which is 4 weeks out and got a response the same day.

CruizLovers: Thanks! I will send an email. Do you know if it has to be within a certain time frame?

I emailed last week and we sail later this month on the 27th, I would think 3-4 weeks prior would work. If you really want a table for two, I would go the email route. I've been stuck with diners that I didn't particularly enjoy and my husband and myself would rather eat together. Good Luck!

I've asked this question several times before but never really got the answer. Didn't RCI use to have on their website when making your booking an area where you would choose "small table (I think 2-4)" or "large table (6-10)"? I seem to always remember making that choice, and then was still concerned that my small table would be a table for four and not two. I'm a social person, but if I had a choice, I'd rather spend the dinner time with just my wife and not have to make conversation with others if I was tired or just not up to it. I would always call up RCI and request a table for two. But until I got on the boat and checked my table, there was always some anxiety.

I don't understand why RCI just doesn't put this up as part of the reservation process again. Why make us write to this email at all? What happens to those cruisers who don't read Cruise Critic and don't know to ask their TA? TA's these days don't ask if you want a small or large table, so unless you asked them, they're not going to make that extra phone call for you.

I've asked this question several times before but never really got the answer. Didn't RCI use to have on their website when making your booking an area where you would choose "small table (I think 2-4)" or "large table (6-10)"? I seem to always remember making that choice, and then was still concerned that my small table would be a table for four and not two. I'm a social person, but if I had a choice, I'd rather spend the dinner time with just my wife and not have to make conversation with others if I was tired or just not up to it. I would always call up RCI and request a table for two. But until I got on the boat and checked my table, there was always some anxiety.

I don't understand why RCI just doesn't put this up as part of the reservation process again. Why make us write to this email at all? What happens to those cruisers who don't read Cruise Critic and don't know to ask their TA? TA's these days don't ask if you want a small or large table, so unless you asked them, they're not going to make that extra phone call for you.

You are correct, the table size selection used to be part of the website booking process. I don't know when it was eliminated, but I have not seen it for a while.

Even when they had that option it did not guarantee you a table for 2

I seem to remember requesting a table for 2 when I sailed on the Mariner. We went to the MDR right when we boarded to check on our table. We were told we had a table for 2. Then when we went for dinner that first night, it turned into a table for 8. That's when everything went downhill. After that first awkward dinner I checked with the head waiter to see why it had been changed, and he told me that we never had a table for 2. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Of all the things that can cause stress while cruising, getting a good table for two in the MDR has always been at the top of my list. That's why I've done MTD the last several cruises. Eat when you want and with who you want. It's great and I would encourage you to switch over if you can!

The first time I emailed RCI to ask for a table for 2 and they replied to say they'd noted the request but couldn't guarantee it, so a waste of time really. We do the online check in before we go and then ask at the very start of the check in process at the pier before they start with their computer that we require a table for 2. Then when we board we do a quick check in the dining room that the table number on our sea pass cards is actually a table for 2. It always has been.

I emailed them last year for the Mariner. Again, said they couldn't guarantee it. I asked here on CC and I got responses that there wasn't many tables for 2 but there were loads.

When we arrived at the dinning room, I asked for a table for 2 and got one all week right next to the window. It was lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kroozen:

I just did this on Jewel. You can email: rcldining@rccl.com and ask if you can have a table for two. They respond pretty quick. Be sure to include all the pertinent info and your booking number. Have a great cruise!

Tried this e-mail address twice and it gets kicked back to me saying non deliverable.

Is there another current e-mail address to try and send my request to?

Thanks!

Archived