Packing cubes heys or ebags?

I use the e-bags...and love them but you have to be careful because they hold so much you could over be pack (meaning over weight). I can fit 4 large (2 on either side along with random loose things) in one bag with a med and small sometimes smashed in (if not flying). I think the Hey's are pretty similar.

I bought my husband some of the e-bag cube sets online and he LOVES them. He used them on our cruise last weekend and it really made packing so much easier, we even shared only one suitcase for our 3 day cruise. He travels a lot and loves how easy they are. I think I spent $25 on a set of 1 each small, medium and large just to see if he liked them and I'd definitely recommend them.

I'm so happy to have found this thread. I heard so much about the concept that I ordered without asking anyone which brand, but I did talk about which sizes.

From what I've read so far, it seems I did the right thing.

My order from EBags was delivered today. What good timing!

We use the ebags slim ones. They come in a set of 3 and we each have our own set in a different color. We use them for undies, socks, and bras. I can't stand the thought of our luggage being riffled through, or worse coming open and unmentionables falling out.

I cannot make up my mind about purchasing more of a bigger size to put outfits and pajamas in.

For you that use the ebags......do you like to have enough to pack all your garments in them? I'm wondering how many would be needed to pack for a week long trip? I was thinking a person might need two sets of the small/medium/large combo. I wish I knew how many slacks/tops would fit into a large size.

I used 1 set of E Bags for our 15 day TA last cruise and was able to roll all my slacks in the larger one, blouses etc in the medium size and the undies etc in the small one. I plan to buy a nother set for our long Australia trip next year. I could still place smaller items in each and they really helped me organize my packing. The smaller one went in my carry on.

Never heard of these. Why are ebags better than regular luggage?

ebags is a brand of luggage, but here we are discussing packing cubes. They are zippered pouches to pack various items in. Makes items in your luggage very organized.

I use both ebags packing cubes and an Eagle Creek folder. Couldn't get along without them any more.

I find the 1 set of the 3 sizes for ebags plus my folder is enough for a 24"case. I put my slacks on the bottom of the suitcase. They don't need to be in the cases.

Hard to without them anymore once you start using them.

I use both ebags packing cubes and an Eagle Creek folder. Couldn't get along without them any more.

I find the 1 set of the 3 sizes for ebags plus my folder is enough for a 24"case. I put my slacks on the bottom of the suitcase. They don't need to be in the cases.

Hard to without them anymore once you start using them.

What size folder?

I have never seen ebags. I pack using 2 gallon zip lock bags for everything. I don't like the thought of our clothes in the drawers. I have found this works perfect. I put undies in one, socks in another, 4 T-shirts in another etc. Then when we get on the cruise we unpack very quickly. Just take the bags out and place them in the drawers. Since there's a little air in each bag it keeps things from wrinkling. Since I wear a lot of black things I have even marked the outside of the bags - Chico black pants or black skirt etc, so that way when I see a black item in the drawer I know which black item it is.

Do the ebags you are discussing lock or have other benefits?

I have never seen ebags. I pack using 2 gallon zip lock bags for everything. I don't like the thought of our clothes in the drawers. I have found this works perfect. I put undies in one, socks in another, 4 T-shirts in another etc. Then when we get on the cruise we unpack very quickly. Just take the bags out and place them in the drawers. Since there's a little air in each bag it keeps things from wrinkling. Since I wear a lot of black things I have even marked the outside of the bags - Chico black pants or black skirt etc, so that way when I see a black item in the drawer I know which black item it is.

Do the ebags you are discussing lock or have other benefits?

This is what is so great with ebags......I don't unpack anything that goes in drawers. I just unzipped them and fold the top back and the whole thing goes in the drawer. Same for the folder. That usually goes in one of the shelves in the closet. Anything that needs hanging, of course gets hung. Folders have one mesh side so you can see what's in them.

I have used the gallons bags before I got the ebags. I like the sizes better and how the articles fit in them better.

I have two on the 10 x 14 inch packing cubes and also use the 2 gallon and also the large ziploc bags.

That said I saw the Ebags slim 3 for around $15 and was going to order them but they are only 5 inches made ( slim:)). I don't think that will work for shirts and pants would it??

Archived