Navigator of the Seas "Spring Break" Picture Review.

Enjoying this review as we'll be sailing on Navigator in the summer, so really nice to see some pictures. :)

May I ask what was the name of the place you visited on 7-mile beach. We will be visiting there next year and last time we stopped off on the beach but in a public part (no fee). I prefer the idea of paying a small fee to also have some facilities.

Enjoying this review as we'll be sailing on Navigator in the summer, so really nice to see some pictures. :)

May I ask what was the name of the place you visited on 7-mile beach. We will be visiting there next year and last time we stopped off on the beach but in a public part (no fee). I prefer the idea of paying a small fee to also have some facilities.

I visited the Royal Palms its approxamently 1.75 miles from the ship. They did have chairs for rent not really sure of the cost, as I just put my towel down and soaked up the sun.

Ill post more of the review this evening.

Glad you are enjoying!

-Michael

Day 5: Falmouth, Jamaica.

This was my first trip to Falmouth and I've read plenty of mixed reviews. Now I did not venture outside the gated area, but everything is very new. Once I walked into the gates I noticed local school children there. Not quite sure what for, perhaps a field trip to see the ships. The freedom was docked beside us and boy is she a pretty ship. Makes me even more excited to sail on her for the first time this upcoming Fall.

DSC06312_zpsc8f68fc7.jpg

When you get through the gates there are men on stilts wanting you to take your picture with them and then ask for a tip, we handed them $2 and saw them fighting for it.

DSC06303_zpsae8e7e70.jpg

I had lunch at Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville. I would not miss stopping in for lunch or even a drink at the bar. They had fun games being played, loud music, and the salmon was to die for. The cost for the meal was $26 for myself, so the prices are on the high side, but I think the experience was worth the cost. After lunch I just walked around in the shops and straw market. Most all the shops were your typical jewelry & woman's clothing.

DSC06310_zpsacda2472.jpg

DSC06311_zps8cf6d477.jpg

DSC06304_zps49a0f5b2.jpg

As i was leaving Falmouth I noticed a large group of school children, not really sure why they were at the port. Perhaps they were visiting to look at the cruise ship, but I thought it was interesting nevertheless.

DSC06302_zps427419ba.jpg

We had 7388 and I saw the CC Meet and Mingle flyer on the room number that looked to be right about where those pictures would have been taken from. I had to get on some kids (nicely) because they were walking by one night and started playing keep a way with it, lol. We loved how quiet it was in the aft section!

As always Michael - Great review! Loved that you got pictures of Freedom, I am counting down those days!

It's been 9 years since I've sailed Navigator, brings back memories. Although, they did paint the sides of the pool since 2004! I don't remember them being so colorful before. Everything else is just as we left it, perfection! Looking forward to the rest of the review.

[quote name='misty57']Which side of the ship is best for seeing the port from your balcony? Sometimes the vacation planners don't get it right if you ask for the side facing port.[/quote]
A ship may not dock on the same side all the time. Various conditions such as wind, current, lighting, other ships in proximity, etc., may make the Captain choose one side or another at the same port.

[quote name='clarea']A ship may not dock on the same side all the time. Various conditions such as wind, current, lighting, other ships in proximity, etc., may make the Captain choose one side or another at the same port.[/QUOTE]

Ahh that makes sense. We have almost always had "port" side but sometimes not.

[quote name='kymmc3']As always Michael - Great review! Loved that you got pictures of Freedom, I am counting down those days!
Thank you!

It's been 9 years since I've sailed Navigator, brings back memories. Although, they did paint the sides of the pool since 2004! I don't remember them being so colorful before. Everything else is just as we left it, perfection! Looking forward to the rest of the review.[/quote]

Thanks! I was on the NOS in 03/10/and now 13. Few things have changed but not much! I am going to try to finish the review or most of it this evening.

[quote name='Sigtau21']Do you know what the depths of the pools were? Will be on with a 4 year old. just curious.[/quote]

5 Feet is correct. But just to let you know they have an area about 6inches deep for childing to sit and play in. It always has a tall gate where they wake/wind cannot blow them into the main pool.

[quote name='mpoole3']It always has a tall gate where they wake/wind cannot blow them into the main pool.[/quote]

Wow I've never seen the wake crashing across the pool deck on the high floors of a ship! That would sure be something!

This evening was the "All-White" pool party with the bartenders putting on a show. They had a drink off to see who could make the better drink, ect. After they make the drinks they start handing them out to the crowd. Since it was spring break most everyone at the party were teenagers, but well behaved. (If only I could say the same!).

[IMG]http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag80/mpoole3/NOS%20March%20cruise/DSC06340_zps5e446ad5.jpg[/IMG]

Day 6: Sea Day

Today we had our scheduled cruise critic cabin crawl where we could see each others cabins. I really enjoyed seeing all the different cabins, from and inside accessible stateroom to a owners suite. A special thanks to those who hosted their cabin for the crawl. Two of the cabins really stood out to me: the inside accessible cabin was twice the size for the same rate & the owners suite well it was huge! We had 15+ in the cabin and still plenty of room for more.

Jr. Suite
[IMG]http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag80/mpoole3/NOS%20March%20cruise/DSC06343_zps2f5948b0.jpg[/IMG]

Accessible Inside Cabin. I had no idea they were so large, look how many people we have in a INSIDE cabin!
The key is 5 days before cruise sails, if they have any open you can switch for now extra charge (that is if you are booked in an Inside room)

[IMG]http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag80/mpoole3/NOS%20March%20cruise/DSC06353_zps1162b235.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag80/mpoole3/NOS%20March%20cruise/DSC06350_zps7501582a.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='mpoole3'] Since it was spring break most everyone at the party were teenagers, but well behaved.[B] (If only I could say the same!).[/B][/quote]

I would hope you didn't behave, you're on vacation! :) Looking forward to hear more about your experience with the drink package. I'll be encountering it this Saturday, I can't wait, know I'll surely be drinking things I'd never normally order.

Archived