Hi All

Question for folks any where, has any local news pick up this story,

BBC only has it as local South of England news, nothing in Scotland

cruise sites have it as many story,

even Hello has it,

but what about where you are

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun!

If anyone Google's the term Royal Princess, Duchess of Cambridge, or the name she is commonly yet incorrectly referred to (Kate Middleton) and checks out the News section, the story has been picked up by most every major newspaper and entertainment website, as well as most every major online travel website and magazine or travel blogger around the globe. Even the religious website Christian Post picked it up. But I wouldn't expect small or local news in the US to pick it up as a world news story. Most likely those interested will find out through those other many sites.

Hi All

If anyone thinks a god mother or a Royal family is not important,

just wait and see the crowds in Southampton,

and worldwide coverage in the media,

now the RCI godmother, never made the news here,

but I can assure you even if you went to the moon you

will still hear and see pics of Katie naming the Royal Princess

yours Shogun

I was on the original Royal Princess twice and found it to be exciting that Princess Diana was the godmother. In fact, it is the only ship I have ever been on that I could tell you who the godmother was. So I think Kate is an excellent choice. Definitely memorable.

I haven't heard anything from the local media here in Los Angeles. I guess if it was one of the Kardassians (note the spelling:D)...

Well the rest of us (other than that RC fan) seem to be thrilled as all get out. Many of us feel the same way as Pam. I'd like to think that Princess Diana is smiling down at her daughter-in-law's newest honor.:)

The thought of Princess Diana smiling down as the Duchess christens the new Royal Princess is so sweet-- brought tears to my eyes again.

Parts of two news articles discussing the Duchess of Cambridge and her duties as they are related to her pregnancy:

From April 11:

"It is not believed Prince William will attend any of the above events with his wife as he continues to work as a Wales-based search and rescue helicopter pilot with the RAF. The pregnant duchess confirms she has no plans to slow down during her pregnancy until she goes on maternity leave sometime in June."

From April 9th:

"Another interesting aspect of today's announcement is the date. During William and Kate's visit to Scotland last week the Duchess revealed she would be working until June; the statement confirms HRH will be working until at least a month before the birth of Baby Cambridge. Annual royal events Trooping The Colour and the Order of the Garter ceremonies take place on June 15th and 17th respectively, Kate is expected to attend both of these."

Archived