Cruise points. Just curious, how many do posters here on the Critic have?

A Sixth?

How many Celebrity cruise credits have you amassed so far? :-)  

535 members have voted

1. 1. How many Celebrity cruise credits have you amassed so far? :-)

• Zero, yet to cruise but can't wait!
    • Classic 1-4
    • Select 5-9
    • Elite 10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-50
    • 50-75
    • 75-125
    • 126+

I'll bite. At the end of the transatlantic we're taking on the Equinox in a few days, we'll enter the Ranks of the Exalted. Funny thing is that I did it for the booze and with 123Go! I won't even notice the effects until after April '14 when the promo ends. Sheesh. I could have sailed steerage and saved myself a bundle as I clawed my way up. :D

I'll bite. At the end of the transatlantic we're taking on the Equinox in a few days, we'll enter the Ranks of the Exalted. Funny thing is that I did it for the booze and with 123Go! I won't even notice the effects until after April '14 when the promo ends. Sheesh. I could have sailed steerage and saved myself a bundle as I clawed my way up. :D

You take care of that ship.

50 days and we're on her. (no package but free cocktail party most days! and $ 200.00 shareholders CC) :D

For the tiny price we paid for the cruise we are win-win on this last minute booking!:D

So it's running about 50-50 Elite and others on the CC responds so far.

I've only been on Celebrity once, however I am Platinum with RCCL so I will be Select on my upcoming Med cruise.

So you have only one to three Celebrity cruise points depending on your cabin class and length of cruise.

So 1-4 for the poll right?

The idea was to count Celebrity cruise points.

You take care of that ship.

50 days and we're on her. (no package but free cocktail party most days! and $ 200.00 shareholders CC) :D

For the tiny price we paid for the cruise we are win-win on this last minute booking!:D

So it's running about 50-50 Elite and others on the CC responds so far.

Yes sir. Our pleasure. We too will be sailing the lovely Equinox once again in June '14 and making the most out of our hard-earned bennies! I am glad you got a good cruise price. It's a comodity scarcer than hen's teeth these days. ;)

yes sir. our pleasure. We too will be sailing the lovely equinox once again in june '14 and making the most out of our hard-earned bennies! I am glad you got a good cruise price. It's a comodity scarcer than hen's teeth these days. ;)

lol :d:d:d

yes sir. our pleasure. We too will be sailing the lovely equinox once again in june '14 and making the most out of our hard-earned bennies! I am glad you got a good cruise price. It's a comodity scarcer than hen's teeth these days. ;)

happy faces are broken... sorry :D:D:D

Celebrity is looking forward, attempting to determine how to reward frequent cruisers while incentivizing both us and new customers to sail more often.

New levels with better perks will do that.

I look forward to the new tiers ...!

I have 6 points (1X long cruise in a suite, 1X cruise/tour in a suite) but am considered "Elite" status due to my D+ status with C&A. I indicated 6 points for polling purposes. I will have another 3 points in a couple of weeks. :D

Why wouldn't they just switch to tiers based on revenue, like hotels do. 10 points per dollar spent or whatever the valuation becomes.

Then this makes the playing field level for single cruisers getting credit for paying the single premium, suite buyers for paying premium prices over those who get a inside room for $50 a day, etc., those who book long cruises get their full credit versus the weekend getaway cruising.

We have one cruise on Celebrity but due to our points on RC, we were Elite (for your poll, I said one). It was quite funny as several people we met in the Captain's Club were visibly unhappy with the fact that we were elite on our first cruise!:D While waiting to get into the officer's cocktail party, the women in front of us were complaining about Selects being included, and they also were not happy about "those RC people" getting the same perks!:D

Sherri:)

We have one cruise on Celebrity but due to our points on RC, we were Elite (for your poll, I said one). It was quite funny as several people we met in the Captain's Club were visibly unhappy with the fact that we were elite on our first cruise!:D While waiting to get into the officer's cocktail party, the women in front of us were complaining about Selects being included, and they also were not happy about "those RC people" getting the same perks!:D

Stuff like that never crosses my mind at the Celebrity Elite functions... running out of beer is. :p

I am however thinking about how much I will enjoy my Elite status equivalent on Royal :D (Where I guess I'll have to expect a few grumbles on how I'm at Diamond functions after only one RCI cruise :cool:)

Why wouldn't they just switch to tiers based on revenue, like hotels do. 10 points per dollar spent or whatever the valuation becomes.

Then this makes the playing field level for single cruisers getting credit for paying the single premium, suite buyers for paying premium prices over those who get a inside room for $50 a day, etc., those who book long cruises get their full credit versus the weekend getaway cruising.

But there's another side to this as well. For example, yes, suite buyers pay alot more than inside cabin folks. But they are already getting extra benefits from that payment (larger footprint on the ship, an extra staff member, a free specialty dinner, etc.) so the net amount of profit for the cruise ship is not the same as the difference in dollars spent on cabins. As to singles, yes, they pay more, but the cruiseline profit does not increase one for one, as they could have rented out that cabin to at least two people so their overall profit is not the same - on the one hand they provide fewer services to one person rather than two, but on the other hand one person spends less onboard than two. I have heard this same argument on many discussions about how to revise the Captains Club benefit levels, but strangely enough no one ever seems to think about these facts. I don't know what the actual financials work out to, but it is not so simple as money spent on cabins.

Some good thoughts for sure.

But the revenue regarding the suite taking more real estate, well it charges more money too, and roughly equates to similar pricing as purchasing 3 separate cabins, so that argument would be moot and in fact give credence to the argument suites deserve extra points.

In a double booked room, each passenger would accrue points in captains club, but a single only 1 set of points presently gets given out.

As to lost ancillary revenue for cabin having only one person in it, the lost revenue would only become a factor once the ship has achieved 100% of cabins sold. I really do not know how often ships sail with empty cabins, But I'd figure most do sail with unsold cabins. much like hotels typically only sell all 100% of the rooms a few times a week or month generally.

Worked many years in hotels, so have a real mind for the economics of hospitality....we always said the most perishable item one can sell anywhere in the wold is a hotel room. I t has only 1 day every day to use before it is spoiled and not useful..

Stuff like that never crosses my mind at the Celebrity Elite functions... running out of beer is. :p

I am however thinking about how much I will enjoy my Elite status equivalent on Royal :D (Where I guess I'll have to expect a few grumbles on how I'm at Diamond functions after only one RCI cruise :cool:)

Maybe, probably, but I have to say I've heard fewer grumbles on RC than on Celebrity!:D Personally, I think it's a great perk no matter which line you're crossing over to. It was a great incentive for us to give Celebrity a try.

If you combine the "elite 10" with elite "11-20" you get a near-perfect bell curve distribution. :cool:

Sure wish I could be one of those outliers at 126+, that truly would be (E?) XCELLENT. :p

Done and yup, bit weighted to the fewer points but very nice

cruisepointscurve.jpg

What is amazing is that of the millions of passengers that have ever cruised on Celebrity, there are only about 40 cruisers that have more than 126 cruise points.

What other category has 10% of their respondents active on Cruise Critic?

We've cruised only once so far (& Concierge class), but are Elite due to RCI sailings. :)

Again I have to ask, for the poll you would have responded that you have 1-4 Celebrity cruise credits right?

I attended RCI diamond lounges and events based on my X elite status on six cruises before I would have been D the RCI way. Never once did I hear any grumbling for fellow D's. In my experience it was one sided. Maybe because RCI is bigger? Maybe because as RCI cruisers age, they see themselves potentially trying X, so they like the reciprocity? It seems odd to me because getting to Elite is easier IMHO. Anyway, I hope you are also welcomed warmly.

Archived