Embarkation Meal

BrothersThree

We are sailing on NCL Breakaway in May - so excited. This is our first time on and NCL ship and I was wondering if anyone can give me some details on where to eat after getting on the ship. I have read such good things about O'Sheehan's - is this an option when getting on the ship? What would you suggest? Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the mob scene in the buffet. NCL always opens one of its main dining rooms for lunch on embarkation day, and there should be other options such as O"Sheehan's, although since the ship hasn't sailed yet it remains to be seen what the exact schedule will be. . Also, if you're a suite passenger there will be a private dining room open for your us.

I second the recommendation to find the main dining room that's open! It may take a bit of persistence on your part, since staff will try to steer you to the buffet, but if you do persist, you'll get a lot nicer lunch.

Don't necessarily eliminate the buffet because some people don't like it. :)

We've been on about 90 cruises or more and we always go the the Buffet on embarkation day as we like the excitement and energy and anticipation we feel from embarking guests. It's about my favorite day to be in Lido.

We certainly could go to MDR if we wished but we prefer Lido.

Different strokes and all that. :)

Archived