eBags

Vicrea123

What's size eBags cubes do you use ? I ordered a combo pack small, medium and large. The cubes will arrive tomorrow and the sale ends tomorrow. My luggage is samsonite 29" spinner. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I bought two sets of that combo expecting to use one set and DH use the other. He wouldn't touch them. It was good for me because I used both sets! When I first opened the set, I thought they were terribly small but once I started rolling and folding clothes, they held much more than you would think at first glance.

I actually made a paper cutout of my suitcase and each size of the cubes and played around with them to see how they would fit in my suitcase. I almost forgot that they would fit two deep in the suitcase.

Wasn't really sure I would like them at all but was very happy that I got them. Most of them were used in my 26-inch checked bag but a couple went in my carry-on. I tend to 'corral' like items into plastic bags and these made me even more organized.

I would say order a second set. :)

I had not idea what this was when I was going through threads.

I thought that you guys had mis-typed e-bay. I Googled it and I think that I need to get myself a set for my upcoming Alaskan cruise.

They look very promising.

I love reading the threads people create and the posts that follow.

Thanks for the tip!

I have a couple of sets of the Eagle Creek "Spector" packing cubes. Slacks go in one of the large ones, shirts/tops in another. Underwear gets rolled up and put in the smaller one(s) and T-shirts, wraps and light sweaters go in the medium size. When packing, I put the two large ones on top of each other and tuck in the others around them.

I have extra cubes that I use for a variety of things. If I have a pre-cruise stay planned, I pack one with just the things I'm going to need for an overnight. I also use an extra cube to pack a light raincoat and put it in my carry-on.

I used to use a rolling duffle, and everything went into Eagle Creek packing paraphernalia. Now I have the same suitcase you just bought (love it!), and I no longer use the EC Pack-It Folders in that suitcase. I fold and roll most of my clothes, put them on one side of the suitcase and strap them down. (I use the folders when I travel with just a carry on, in case TSA has to rummage through my suitcase).

I do still use the EC Pack-It Cubes for smaller, less fold-able items, such as swimwear, underwear, socks. I use the large ones for those items. Then, in my carryon, I have one of the Folders with the next day's clothes (if we're doing a pre-cruise night), and several small Cubes with electronics charging cords, sunglass and glasses cases, gum and mints...all that small stuff that would tend to end up in the bottom of a backpack or a small suitcase. I, too, like them better than plastic bags; plus, I've been using mine since 2000, so they last forever.

Make sure you use those coupon codes!!

I love my packing cubes. :) I have all sizes from the largest ones to the smallest ones and surprisingly, I've found that I use the smallest ones more than any of the others. They make a much more organized cabin on the ship too. Unpacking is a breeze.

Call me picky, but it kind-of creeps me out to put my unmentionables directly in a drawer that thousands of other people have used. I like to open up the packing cube, fold back the "lid" and keep those items in the packing cube in the drawers. ;) It keeps them nice and organized too.

Call me picky, but it kind-of creeps me out to put my unmentionables directly in a drawer that thousands of other people have used. I like to open up the packing cube, fold back the "lid" and keep those items in the packing cube in the drawers. ;) It keeps them nice and organized too.

I do the same, with the shelves next to the vanity. DH gets all the shelves in the closet area, and I hang nearly everything up. But those items I mentioned (swimwear, underwear, etc.) stay in the opened packing cubes on the shelves. They also prevent things from getting pushed to the back of those shelves where they might get overlooked when packing.

I bring Clorex Wipes and wipe down all of the drawers etc. This has helped us stay well for all of our cruises.

I also wipe down the light switches, tv remotes, etc. This way I know that if the previous passenagers in my cabin were sick, I kill whatever germs they left behind.

On a Carnival cruise (our one and only), I found a pair of men's box shorts in a drawer along with long dark hair on the vanity. Yuk!

My OCD is showing...

On a Carnival cruise (our one and only), I found a pair of men's box shorts in a drawer along with long dark hair on the vanity. Yuk!

My OCD is showing...

I'm really surprised your cabin steward didn't do a better job cleaning your cabin in between cruises.

I'm really surprised your cabin steward didn't do a better job cleaning your cabin in between cruises.

Yeah. There were a lot of things wrong on that cruise. Boat broke down for two hours. I was in the elevator and they did not even send anyone to get us out for 25 minutes. We found out after one that we were not Carnival people. We are Princess and Royal.

I love mine. I use one of the small ones for all of my cords/chargers. It goes in my carry on so I have easy access during layovers on long flights. It will be interesting to see how many I use packing for next week. I have 1 combo pack, 3 large cubes and 3 slim cubes.

I also bring a container of Clorox wipes and wipe the entire room down before we do anything else in there.

Cassandra

I have several sets of the ebags cubes in the green color.

Two sets of the small/medium/large cubes

DH uses the small/medium/large in gray

One set of the small/medium/large in the long rectangle shape (good to fill in spots on the side of your bag. Small is good for charger cords)

Ones set of the three large long rectangle shape.

I have two ebags purses; one travel purse; tote bag.

I can see how these cubes would be great for organization, but I read that you could actually pack more in your suitcase using these. Why is that? Probably a dumb question, but I can't visualize how that would work?:confused: Is the trick to pack each cube tightly not allowing any space in the cube?

Wow.. these look amazing. I could use something like this for my meds in my carryon etc.

Any idea how much extra weight they add to the suitcase? I seem to be challenged when it comes to packing "light" for the flight when they have weight restrictions. :rolleyes:

Wow.. these look amazing. I could use something like this for my meds in my carryon etc.

Any idea how much extra weight they add to the suitcase? I seem to be challenged when it comes to packing "light" for the flight when they have weight restrictions. :rolleyes:

Checkout the eBags website for product info and videos. The weight was a concern for me also. The large weighs 5.6 oz, medium 4oz and the small 2.6. I should receive mine today. I am going to pack once I receive them and check to see if I need more. The spring sale ends today, but the coupon last until the 14th.

I travel frequently. So much so that many of my clothing items go back into Ebags packing cubes after washing and drying. I color coordinate the cubes as well. Each family member has a color and I have one color for warm climate items and another for cold climates.

They are machine washable (but I hang them up to dry).

I never use drawers in hotel rooms as housekeepers will tell you that they are never completely cleaned!!!! The things I've found in the hotel room drawers tell me that's true. Shoes! Money! Dirty magazines!

Not only are the packing cubes good for organization but they prevent things getting lost when your luggage is opened for inspection or just plain is damaged.

I travel frequently. So much so that many of my clothing items go back into Ebags packing cubes after washing and drying. I color coordinate the cubes as well. Each family member has a color and I have one color for warm climate items and another for cold climates.

They are machine washable (but I hang them up to dry).

I never use drawers in hotel rooms as housekeepers will tell you that they are never completely cleaned!!!! The things I've found in the hotel room drawers tell me that's true. Shoes! Money! Dirty magazines!

Not only are the packing cubes good for organization but they prevent things getting lost when your luggage is opened for inspection or just plain is damaged.

Thanks for the tip.

image.jpg.2807e5349d5ed4cde3182db592d5135f.jpg

Archived