Carnival Fascination fails health inspection

Rockportgirl

Most lines fail inspections here and there. I was surprsied to read Celebrity failed one recently. Not really news...

Actually Celebrity had TWO ships that failed recently..... and they have half the ships that Carnival does....but still it really is not news....

This is certainly not the first ship to fail an inspection. It can happen on any ship from any line at any time. Just google the cruiseship health inspections and read for yourself.

The article also states most infractions were corrected immediately while the inspection team was still on board AND that Carnival has requested an immediate re-inspection.

If they said they had scored a 50 or something, then I might really concerned.....but 2 points below a passing grade isn't something I would be all that concerned about.

I sail on the Fascination in 2 weeks for the 4th time and am looking forward to it.

Believe me, I'm not bashing. I love cruising and Carnival and I am going again in May. But Carnival hasn't had a ship fail an inspection in 5 years... it really does seem like this company's been cursed here lately. I just hope this isn't a predictor of more serious problems ahead.

Don't you just love that this info is a sticky on the Carnival boards, but several other cruise lines had fails as well in Jan 2013? I think the article also stated the Fascination has only failed TWICE since 1995. I am not too worried.

Seriously , it must be me ! The Fascination and the Celebrity Summit are the last 2 ships I've been on.

Sorry. :o

Gotta say, they both looked scrupulously clean but I guess looks can be deceiving.

I am not minimizing these issues. It speaks to laxness in management and laziness from staff.

However

I wonder if standards are tougher then in your neighborhood restaurant.

We had no issues last week, Nor saw any sick workers or dirty areas. Only time I saw anything slightly out of line was the Mexican Buffet night. The Lido deck that night the crew was slightly behind clearing tables. But nothing really out of line. We had a great time and enjoyed our cruise so much we re-booked right away.

Believe me, I'm not bashing. I love cruising and Carnival and I am going again in May. But Carnival hasn't had a ship fail an inspection in 5 years... it really does seem like this company's been cursed here lately. I just hope this isn't a predictor of more serious problems ahead.

I've been on the fascination. It it my favorite cruise so far. I guess these things do happen. It would be nice if the article presented like it was an exception and not the norm. I'm tired of the press beating up on Carnival. Just makes me more determined to be a loyal customer.

I'm not a carnival cheerleader by any means, but for the life of me I can't understandy why negative things are posted a lot on this board.

I read the article - trust me when I say it's probably a heck of a lot cleaner then the majority of places we Americans bring our kids to dine.

Having said that - a huge positive here for the Splendor:

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2012/07/carnival-cruise-ship-health-inspection/800946/1

Last CCL cruise I took, while still fun, had clearly and significantly declined from just a couple of years earlier.

These issues are multiplying t an alarming rate, and a result of trying to maximize profits to the point that the customers (us) are suffering.

One incident? OK, that's bad luck. Two, maybe coincidence. But, every few weeks another serious problem crops up.

More distressing, like with this issue, instead of making the sweeping and much needed (and probably costly) changes that are, and have been desperately called for, they minimize the issues. Further, they act like the three monkeys....see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil, just so they can continue down the wrong road.

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/

this is the report for the celebrity century from 2/8/13 they got a 78

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTgwMDAyODc%3d-OcC2%2bsPiI6g%3d

this is the report for the celebrity summit 1/19/13 they got an 81 http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTgwMDAyNjc%3d-X9etrD%2fe0kI%3d

this is the report for the rc brilliance of the seas from 12/15/12 they got an 88.

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionDetailReport.aspx?ColI=MTgwMDAyMzY%3d-Y6esYCf3YtI%3d

if you feel that carnival is so absolutely horrible in their cleanliness standards you should be equally horrified by these scores. yes the 88 is passing but barely.

if you feel that carnival is so absolutely horrible in their cleanliness standards you should be equally horrified by these scores. yes the 88 is passing but barely.

Nobody is saying this doesn't happen on other lines as well. Just commenting on the fact that there have been a lot of issues with this one as of late.

Archived