Carnival Fascination fails health inspection

Rockportgirl

What score would it take to dissuade one of the cheerleaders? I'm guessing about 20.

Guess you don't cruise at all since all lines have ships that fail at times with far fewer ships. Carnival fails once and it's a crisis.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Carnival fails once and it's a crisis.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Nobody is saying it's a "crisis". My point is that Carnival hadn't failed an inspection in 5 years, and now it has. With all that is going on with them right now, I would think they would be doing everything in their power to ensure they didn't get any more bad press for a while. Keeping things clean, including keeping flies and roaches away from the food, shouldn't be that hard.

Believe me, I'm not bashing. I love cruising and Carnival and I am going again in May. But Carnival hasn't had a ship fail an inspection in 5 years... it really does seem like this company's been cursed here lately. I just hope this isn't a predictor of more serious problems ahead.

Serious problems? Welcome to the planet EARTH!

I must say WOW to several points.

-Wow...hard to believe they failed the health inspection. Did the Behind the Scenes Tour on the Fascination a year ago this past Dec. and everything was spotless. Very disappointing!

-Wow...(and this is the biggest WOW of all) to those of you saying it is not news.:eek: I would not eat at a restaurant on land that fails a health inspection or constantly receives bad grades (I would make sure they are reinspected and receive a high score on the follow up inspection that corrected all the issues before I ate there).

I definitely would not want the ship I was sailing on to fail the health inspection!

Health Inspections are posted at every restaurant and so should they be on ships.

It is news and important. Health inspections are there for a reason...to keep the public safe.

The last cruise we took on the Fascination (11/10/12) the ship's water had an fishy smell and taste during the entire cruise. Maybe not enough chlorine treatment. We informed guest services and they said it happens occasionally?

Rockportgirl- You have every right to post this information. It's amazing how some people take it personally, like they own the ship.

It was on Every news station in my area.

Carnival ships have been making big news lately, so no surprise.

All the tv stations mentioned flies, roaches, and dryed food waste.

They also mentioned most carnival ships average a 97 score on inspection, and the number the Fascination received is not acceptable.

19 of the last 28 ship that had a 100 on CDC Have been CARNIVAL corp ships. Is not that a ship FLUNK they all do every line does.Its what they FLUNKL FROM most of the time they don't make it on the CDC web page. But CDC inspections are not a surprise they get a heads up some how.

What score would it take to dissuade one of the cheerleaders? I'm guessing about 20.

Funny ! And so true.

If anyone out there thinks that CCL (in 2013) has just experienced some bad luck, please pull your head out of the sand ! :)

Funny ! And so true.

If anyone out there thinks that CCL (in 2013) has just experienced some bad luck, please pull your head out of the sand ! :)

Yes- they have had the fortune to have everything that has a negative light be brought forward by the press. They have had no more or less things happen to them compared to all other cruise lines.

You can check the status of any ship's report here:

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionSearch.aspx

The fascination is the only CCL ship to score in the 80's. Every other ship scored 90's or 100.

The report was completed in February...this data is almost 2 months old and I'm sure they've cleaned up there act sense then.

I also know plenty of people that go to restaurants and NEVER see the sanitation report or the ones at the hotels. To me, this is no different.

The roach nymphs though...nobody should have had to tell them on a report that this was an issue.

I am not a CCL fanatic either...I prefer NCL...but fair is fair...they are just targeting CCL left and right. If they are going to

• 3 weeks later...
The last cruise we took on the Fascination (11/10/12) the ship's water had an fishy smell and taste during the entire cruise. Maybe not enough chlorine treatment. We informed guest services and they said it happens occasionally?

We were on Ecstasy embarking that same day. The water on the Lido deck did have a strange taste to it for sure.

I just chalked it up to a one-off issue. It was still drinkable, just not as good as always.

Archived