Favorite CD

msstarr22

Our favorite is Malcolm "in the middle" Burns! on the Miracle. Very classy and turned us on to the fabulous goat cheese pizza.

We just had him on the Splendor and liked him alot. I thought he was pretty funny at the shows and did a solid job at the announcements.

Karl with a K is a great CD - all over the ship and very personable. So are Wee Jimmy and Kirk Benning. But the best CD, hands down, is Josh Waitzman aka "Big Sexy" or "Slim Sexy" as some are calling him now since he lost so much weight. He is more than a CD...he is someone you will want to be friends with long after your cruise!!

Have cruised with Butch as CD on Liberty and Breeze. He is without a doubt the most energetic and fun CD! He brings that energy to his entire entertainment staff.

He is at every deck party, not just participating, but leading the fun. He loves to dance!

He's very visible...all over the ship, chatting and talking with people, giving free hugs. Love Butch!

• 4 weeks later...
I hope this isn't a flame issue but will ask anyway. Do you have a favorite CD and why do you like them? Lets leave John Heald out of this one as I know so many have a love/hate relationship there. I am interested in knowing the reasons people like their CD's! Who do you like to see on the ship you are sailing! Do they cater to you? Do they stop and see if you are having a good cruise? I have sailed numerous times and I only have 1 who stands out! I will save that for later and why?

My favorite CD is AC/DC's Back in Black.

Butch is the best!!! I remember Karl with a K when he was just an assistant cruise director. We haven't had him since. And yes, Malcolm isn't too bad. Butch is hands down the best, that is literally the best cruise we have EVER been on was when it was with him on the Dream.

I enjoyed Corey "family guy" he was fun

I enjoyed Karl with a K

AND I enjoyed Hennie I had him on the Freedom B2B and I thought he was good

there actually has not been a Cruise Director on Carnival I have not disliked immensely ... but I did have one I disliked on Royal

We don't have a favorite CD but we thought Assistant CD Chris Jefferson was the best. He was funny without being fake like most of the CDs we've had.

Adult son was in the hairy chest contest. Chris told him his chest looked like an owl. From then on, people would come up to him and ask to see his owl. Chris even took his shirt off and the camera man zoomed in on his chest to show off his one hair.

Edited by RWolver672

Karl with a K, has the best personality and you actually see him out and about at most of the activities, he's not hidden. Also like Marcelo sp? 'Marshmellow" he was funny in Jan on the Imagination. Not sure who the CD is this week when we get on the Paradise.

Jorge Solano who isnt a CD anymore but a standup comedian working for Carnival.

I'll second that. We loved both Jorge and Todd, both have retired from CD duties. We did get to see Jorge as a stand-up comic our last Splendor cruise.

Cory "looks like Drew Carey" Rogers. Had a great conversation with him one day in the spa and he even pulled our 9yr DS up on stage for his Thriller Dance Lesson show.

Edited by gjsmth

My favorite cruise director to date is Jaime Dee. Awesome cruise director! I liked Wee Jimmy too. He was pretty fun to be around and my group I sailed with liked him as well. My least favorite is Butch. Seems like everyone loves him, but on the Breeze he seemed very "favorites"-centric (prior cruisers who have sailed with him before) and didn't seem to really care about the rest. Just rubbed me the wrong way, plus I thought that he never really put together a good/decent FunTimes schedule. All the others have not really made an impression on me for me to remember.

• 5 months later...

Cory was our 1st cruise director he was great and is truly missed.

we have had others but Kirk Benning on the Pride was great. love the non formational morning show. we would see him all over and he would came and talk to us call us by name.

Our favorite is Weeeeee Jimmy. We've cruised with him twice now. He is so personable onboard. We're even friends on FB.

Our least favorite was Brent Mitchell on the Carnival Ecstasy. I asked him for a picture and he refused. He seemed very unpersonable and disinterested in meeting with passengers