Week before drydock

Yodalicious

I've been on two "last cruise before drydock". One was an extensive drydock, with major reconstruction of the ship.

Both cruises were fine. There was little, if any, indication that anything different was going to happen on turn-around day.

I would not hesitate to take a "last cruise ..." again.

We love the week that has 12/08 on the Eurodam, 12/8 is when the Eurodam goes to drydock. Do we risk a lack of service or "tired" service if we take the 12/1 cruise?

Service is provided by the crew, not really the ship. However, it is the ship that is going into drydock, and the ship that gets all the "facelift". Not the crew.

Trust me on this one: you would rather be on the last cruise 'before', than the first one 'after'. Many ships still have workmen on board, having cut too close the required amount of work to be achieved during a typical 2 week dry dock. Some ships have even had to cancel the first scheduled cruise following dry dock.

We have seen them remove some furniture that needed reupholstery from public areas. We saw some areas where carpet was take up but it was minor and not really disruptive. Crew was fine and service was 'as always'. :)

I would not go out of my way to avoid last cruise before dry dock.

We have been on cruises right before the ship went into dry dock.

There wasn't any difference in service.

We did observe that some furniture was moved from one of the lounges.

We have been on cruises while work was done and it didn't bother us. Last summer, they reupholstered the sofa in our cabin -- took 4 days as it was done in sections.

Archived